Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD  (Read 16024 times)

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2018, 04:12:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to make myself appear as small as possible and stay out of sight of fellow troopers while hoping that giant ants hate the smell of piss enough to avoid voring me. Also kinda meh-lob grenades at some of them in a vain attempt to salvage what little honour remains in the family after this shameful display.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2018, 04:37:10 am »

Crawl back to the ships, and make some kind of crutch, and fire the M16 at any bugs that come near me on my journey.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2018, 04:52:59 am »

Spoiler: NEW CHARACTER! (click to show/hide)

Arrive at the battlefield, then shoot some bugs.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:51:15 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2018, 02:47:04 pm »

Walk to the people on my side and help them.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2018, 05:56:30 am »

>Constantly fire into the heads of insects with my LMG. Kill 'em all!

Spoiler: Fuze (click to show/hide)

[6] You shoot a bug and punch into its nerve stem, killing it along with the trooper it was monching on.

Call for the heroic misogynists to come free Trump from the matriarchy's oppression!  Belittle and ridicule the whipped feminists for giving up their manhood and arresting the man who's trying to free them!  Denounce the traitor sergeant (who's probably secretly a woman) and assume command of the platoon!

[1] The misogynists are convinced that the sergeant, even chewed into bits, is more of a man than Trump. Trump is a dangerous subversive who starts riots in the middle of highly lethal combat environments. They are suspicious that he might have been working for the bugs all along.

Trump does insult the feminists so badly that one of them walks up to him and applies a morita butt to his face. The cheek is broken.

Try to make myself appear as small as possible and stay out of sight of fellow troopers while hoping that giant ants hate the smell of piss enough to avoid voring me. Also kinda meh-lob grenades at some of them in a vain attempt to salvage what little honour remains in the family after this shameful display.

[6] You lob a grenade at some bugs, killing them along with any possible witnesses to your shame. You kill 2 warrior bugs, and 3 friendly infantrymen.

Crawl back to the ships, and make some kind of crutch, and fire the M16 at any bugs that come near me on my journey.

[4] You crawl around and find some spare morita parts to split your leg with.

[1] Then you fire at some nearby bugs, but you hit the friendlies in front of them. Your M16 penetrates a trooper through a gap in his armor at the base of the neck. His spine is severed and he dies. The round overpenetrates and pings harmlessly off the bug's carapace.

Spoiler: NEW CHARACTER! (click to show/hide)

Arrive at the battlefield, then shoot some bugs.

The federation welcomes you, and ensures that the sacrifices of your family will propel you in your journey towards citizenship.

[1] You drop down to the planet, leap heroically out of the pod, and your rifle jams. Maybe you forgot to clean it.

Walk to the people on my side and help them.

[1] You approach a friendly squad and ask them how you can help. As they turn for a split second to look at you, they are mauled by an onslaught of bugs. 4 men are dead because of the distraction you caused.

Platoon situation:

The survivors now consist almost entirely of misogynists and feminist rioters.

[5]. [1].

The survivors impose a patriarchy. As their first act as petty rulers, they start a systematic femicide. All your womenfolk are now dead.

Theater situation: 1

All your radios start chiming up: "It's a general retreat! Back to the ships!"

Everyone left on the field simultaneously routs. The bugs tear into their backs.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2018, 06:34:38 am »

>Holster my 6P41, and suddenly have a SPAS-12 that shoots four shells at once which send me back flying with the recoil materialize in my hands, and have a bunch of recoil knockback shells appear on my chest rig. Jump up, shoot it at the ground at a 45 degree angle in the opposite direction of the direction I'm going, reload midair, land, and repeat until I get to a dropship.

it's over

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2018, 06:42:08 am »

Spoiler: Travii'nar Kickem (click to show/hide)

Unjam my rifle, then kill the bugs! My beloved Dick, I'll join you soon!
If unjamming fails, use the rifle as a club for squashing heads of the bugs.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2018, 06:51:46 am »

Go back to the ship and fire the M16 at any bug that gets near me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2018, 08:28:55 am »

The survivors impose a patriarchy. As their first act as petty rulers, they start a systematic femicide. All your womenfolk are now dead.

Just as planned!  The weak women have been purged from the platoon, now it's time for Trump to take his place as leader!  Point out the to the remaining men that it was *Trump* who made them realize the error of the military's ways, and they never would have purged the unmanliness from the platoon if it weren't for him!  And that means they should save him from the bugs.

If that fails or isn't an option, complement the bugs on their tremendous looks, and tell them that Trump is also a bug on his mother's side.  You can tell by his complexion.  In fact, he's actually descended from long lost bug royalty and therefore should be put in charge; he'll be sure to lead the charge and heroically take back Klendathu for the bugs!  If they don't believe him, just look at what he's already achieved for the bugs--he's single-handedly caused the humans to kill half their own, and then retreat!

If Trump knows a more insulting slur for the bugs than "bugs", he'll use that term instead.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2018, 08:50:32 am »

Follow the platoon?

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2018, 09:31:20 am »

Flee

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2018, 11:32:49 am »

[5] Yoink's head doesn't die. It continues bouncing, gaining altitude and kinetic energy as it goes and its screams reach further and further.
THIS IS AMAZING. JUST... TRULY WONDERFUL.

CONTINUE TO ACCELERATE THROUGH THE BUG HORDES, SCREAMING ABUSE ALL THE WHILE

UPON GAINING AN APPROPRIATELY DESTRUCTIVE VELOCITY, SLAM FULL-FORCE INTO EITHER VERY HIGH-RANKING BUG OR SOME SORT OF 'HIVE'
FAILING THAT JUST A BIG CLUSTER

THEN EXPLODE LIKE AN INCENDIARY CANNON SHELL OF PURE RAGE
OR TRY TO AT LEAST

Spoiler: SHEET (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2018, 10:07:19 pm »

Spoiler: "Faust von Hiptenburg" (click to show/hide)
When last we saw Faust, he was tumbling down a slope along with the severed head of Yoink. I like to think that he was trapped underneath a dead bug, unconscious, for a few rounds.
Come to my senses. The battle has moved back towards the drop-ships as the human retreat is called. Sneak through the carnage towards one of the anti-aircraft bugs, and take it out with my last HE grenade.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2018, 03:28:54 pm »

gimme another 12 to 24 hours to update...
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2018, 12:23:58 pm »

>Holster my 6P41, and suddenly have a SPAS-12 that shoots four shells at once which send me back flying with the recoil materialize in my hands, and have a bunch of recoil knockback shells appear on my chest rig. Jump up, shoot it at the ground at a 45 degree angle in the opposite direction of the direction I'm going, reload midair, land, and repeat until I get to a dropship.

[4] You find someone's Morita with a shotgun attachment.

[1] You fumble with it and shoot a friend. An armor-piercing anti-bug slug rips through the body armor and kills the trooper instantly.

Spoiler: Travii'nar Kickem (click to show/hide)

Unjam my rifle, then kill the bugs! My beloved Dick, I'll join you soon!
If unjamming fails, use the rifle as a club for squashing heads of the bugs.

[6] Rifle unjammed, and somehow improved and even shootier.

[5] Your extra shooty Morita mows down 3 charging bugs in 1 clip. You also gain +2 to the death roll.

Go back to the ship and fire the M16 at any bug that gets near me.

[6] You make a fighting retreat, spraying rounds as you run backwards. You hit a friendly trooper in the leg. The bugs tear into him, buying time for nearby allies to reach safety. Global +1 to everyone's death rolls.

Just as planned!  The weak women have been purged from the platoon, now it's time for Trump to take his place as leader!  Point out the to the remaining men that it was *Trump* who made them realize the error of the military's ways, and they never would have purged the unmanliness from the platoon if it weren't for him!  And that means they should save him from the bugs.

If that fails or isn't an option, complement the bugs on their tremendous looks, and tell them that Trump is also a bug on his mother's side.  You can tell by his complexion.  In fact, he's actually descended from long lost bug royalty and therefore should be put in charge; he'll be sure to lead the charge and heroically take back Klendathu for the bugs!  If they don't believe him, just look at what he's already achieved for the bugs--he's single-handedly caused the humans to kill half their own, and then retreat!

If Trump knows a more insulting slur for the bugs than "bugs", he'll use that term instead.

[1] The soldiers think you look and sound like that buffoon of an American president that got impeached in the early 21st Century.

[2] The bugs think you're ugly too. But they agree to take you to their leader to have your brains sucked out.

Follow the platoon?

Flee

[1] As you flee, a sinkhole sucks you in from under your feet. A tanker bug swallows you both whole and attacks the fleeing survivors. You are both very dead.

[5] Yoink's head doesn't die. It continues bouncing, gaining altitude and kinetic energy as it goes and its screams reach further and further.
THIS IS AMAZING. JUST... TRULY WONDERFUL.

CONTINUE TO ACCELERATE THROUGH THE BUG HORDES, SCREAMING ABUSE ALL THE WHILE

UPON GAINING AN APPROPRIATELY DESTRUCTIVE VELOCITY, SLAM FULL-FORCE INTO EITHER VERY HIGH-RANKING BUG OR SOME SORT OF 'HIVE'
FAILING THAT JUST A BIG CLUSTER

THEN EXPLODE LIKE AN INCENDIARY CANNON SHELL OF PURE RAGE
OR TRY TO AT LEAST

Spoiler: SHEET (click to show/hide)

[6] Yoink slams into the newly spawned tanker bug. He enters its neck, penetrates, eats its nervous system, and comes out the other side. The tanker dies. Yoink roars victoriously and the bugs flee in terror.

Spoiler: "Faust von Hiptenburg" (click to show/hide)
When last we saw Faust, he was tumbling down a slope along with the severed head of Yoink. I like to think that he was trapped underneath a dead bug, unconscious, for a few rounds.
Come to my senses. The battle has moved back towards the drop-ships as the human retreat is called. Sneak through the carnage towards one of the anti-aircraft bugs, and take it out with my last HE grenade.

[4] The plasma bugs are well guarded by warriors, but you lob a grenade in their general direction anyway, killing 1 warrior.

Death rolls:

[3+1] Fuze makes it safely into a dropship...

[6+2+1] Travii'nar Kickem provides covering fire for more troopers to reach their ships. She scores another 5 kills.

[1+1+1] Frank Goldstine makes it back to a dropship by his groin wound re-opens, spraying groin pulp on everyone. But there are no ladies present, so there's no need to be embarrassed.

Trump is being taken to see the brain bug.

Richard and Oat are dead dead.

[3+1] Yoink is sustained by fresh bug meat and refuses to die.

[3+1] Faust sneaks out from under the bug's nose and makes it back to the ships.

Platoon actions:
The metal box lifts off with the remaining bits of troopers that are alive.

[2] And then you are all vaporized when a bug plasma battery shoots you right in the centre of mass.

For your heroic sacrifices, your next of kin get to start 1 pay grade higher, and have access to the specialized Morita attachments! You will all respawn on the nearest capital ship.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8