Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Skyrim/Elder scrolls political armchair thread.  (Read 8263 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim/Elder scrolls political armchair thread.
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2018, 06:58:29 am »

Just magic them till dead.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2018, 05:05:46 am »

I have a prompt for those reading this thread:
What do you think is the identity of Dwarven metal?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2018, 05:37:37 am »

I have a prompt for those reading this thread:
What do you think is the identity of Dwarven metal?
Alestorm Considering that Dwarven ruins contain such massive amounts of the stuff, despite there being no known raw ore sources (even though we're obviously capable of reaching the temperatures necessary to smelt and form the metal), I'd say it's probably some sort of synthetic material rather than a "true" metal.

Bastards probably just sang it into existence or some shit...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2018, 05:58:20 am »

My initial theory was Brass, since it ticks most if not all of the boxes, except that brass has copper, copper conducts electricity, they’re all wearing armour made out of electrical conductors in factory cities, etc. etc. That ended that theory.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2018, 06:25:03 am »

Synthetic matter is probably the closest, following "mythotech altered metal".

Various lore sources state that the dwarves had "very very advanced" knowledge and application of the earth bones. (celestial spheres of the aedra, from which the mundus is constructed, and which give it its physical laws.) There are also references to "flesh metals" (36 lessons of vivec, Sermon 5) and "the seven natures of metal" (Azidhal's descent), "Cornered spheres" (36 lessons of vivec, sermon 3), etc.

Altering an existing metal through ritual sorcery so that it denies the earth bones of decay and other related processes seems to take the most likely scenario (as it goes along with the experiments in "Ritual anti-creation" referred to Baladas), but wholly synthetic material would also be in line with their main objective (creation of the sacred from the profane).

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 06:33:49 am by wierd »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2018, 11:29:58 am »

Aluminum Bronze is a popular theory.

BUT, the more likely in-game explanation is that it is an alloy created via dwemer metallurgy and the use of souls. This also explains why the alloy seems to last literally forever in apparent spite of any environment whatsoever.

Quote from: often repeated on Reddit...
...the Dwemers souls became infused with the Metal skin of the Numidium during the events that transpired at Red mountain. This has led other to suspect that all Dwemer metal is created Via soul fission, similar to how adding a Daedric heart to ebony transforms the metal into a new form.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2018, 11:44:41 am »

I don’t enchant things in this game. Too much bad Karma, especially not after seeing the soul shriven...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2018, 11:46:50 am »

That's only for people. By this logic animals are fine. So are Thalmor.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 11:54:19 am »

...the Dwemers souls became infused with the Metal skin of the Numidium during the events that transpired at Red mountain. This has led other to suspect that all Dwemer metal is created Via soul fission, similar to how adding a Daedric heart to ebony transforms the metal into a new form.
So, if we go by this... Then enchanting Dwarven weapons and armor is the equivalent of infusing souls with more souls.

I suppose the same could be said of Daedric equipment as well... So if you steal a dremora's soul, forge a dagger out of some ebony and his heart, and then enchant the blade with the soul you stole... You'd essentially just be making a slightly lighter, clankier version of that dremora! Yeah!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2018, 12:30:34 pm »

So, if we go by this... Then enchanting Dwarven weapons and armor is the equivalent of infusing souls with more souls.

I suppose the same could be said of Daedric equipment as well... So if you steal a dremora's soul, forge a dagger out of some ebony and his heart, and then enchant the blade with the soul you stole... You'd essentially just be making a slightly lighter, clankier version of that dremora! Yeah!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2018, 12:37:18 pm »

That. That right there made my day just a little bit better.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2018, 01:37:50 pm »

Both the image and its title are fantastic.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2018, 08:57:31 am »

Before everything, I'm a casual player, so sorry If I'm asking something "basic"...

Recently I've started yet another gameplay, and something that always get me thinking... The Dwemer. Imagine how the world would be If they didn't disappear? Acctually, come to think of it, why did they disappear on the first place? I heard that they were so advanced that even the gods would fear them. As they primarily choose Technology over science, the other races called them defilers. My guess is that their sudden disappeareance has a link to this. I need someone who knows more the history!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2018, 09:06:53 am »

I heard they tried to build a god, and when it activated they all vanished, don't know if that's canon though (I know they DID try to build some robot god thing, I just don't know if activating it removed them in canon)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2018, 09:20:40 am »

Dunno why I didn't post here yet, but...

I heard they tried to build a god, and when it activated they all vanished, don't know if that's canon though (I know they DID try to build some robot god thing, I just don't know if activating it removed them in canon)
The dwemer really didn't like that they were several gradients below the divine. So they decided to fix that. Like basically every other type of elf, they built a Tower (they sometimes are literal towers, but all of them help hold reality together by imitating the original). But where other elves were content with making what are basically anchors for reality, the dwemer went one step further: it would also be their ticket to divinity. So they built a god who was also a Tower, and built themselves into the Numidium.

It actually worked, but Azura siccing Nerevar & friends on them PLUS Shor/Lorkhan taking advantage of the Numidium's "birth" being a Dragon Break to get his heart back resulted in things being a bit rushed and the Numidium missing its power source (especially after the Tribunal and Dagoth mucking about with the Heart) until Talos rolled along.

After that though? Walk-Brass loves to rampage whenever active while also casually moving through time. The dwemer are dicks like that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7