Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Skyrim/Elder scrolls political armchair thread.  (Read 8258 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim/Elder scrolls political armchair thread.
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2018, 02:51:12 pm »

Tamriel's Mages Guild is filled with babies. But in Skyrim/Summerset mages exist like Ancano who can take two looks at artifacts like the Eye of Magnus and be like oh, this is how this works. No prob.

Also the Psijic Order could probably stomp anything in Warcraft to pieces in a magic duel.

There sure are some weak mages in Warcraft. But I believe that the likes of Medihv, Khadgar or Kel'Thuzad would put up a real fight here.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2018, 02:57:09 pm »

Yeah I say stomp but I really just mean "come out on top". Kel'Thuzad and the others on his level would probably win against the likes of Arch-Mage Savos Aren, for instance.

But really the Psijics can teleport where they please and stop time at will. That kind of unlimited cosmic power in a wizard is non-existent in Warcraft, unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: Kel'Thuzard could probably beat the tar out of Mannimarco, though. Manny gets talked up a lot, but falls flat on his face every time he has to actually fight someone.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:00:17 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2018, 03:03:58 pm »

Warcraft mages also only have up to four spells anyways. They do get their ultimate at level 6 though, which is a lot earlier than the ones in TES.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2018, 06:06:39 pm »

The thing wbout mages in the Elder Scrolls is that it takes a lot of work to become good at being a Mage, many are too impatiant too get any further than fodder for low level adventurers, and most Mages aren’t in it for the fighting edge it gives them. Most Mages live in fortresses trying to raise the undead, or figuring out the secrets of the universe, or concocting new potions. But when you get real, powerful Mages, you get people who could level cities, turn the populous into undead slaves, and wage a one man war on the entire world, something which seems only possible in Warcraft with large numbers of Mages working together. Even Medivh needed to summon the Orcs to get his Demonic overseers happy, and that didn’t even work. Warcraft has hundereds of mages all gunning for power constantly, but never seeming to get there. But I’d say that all the mages combined in the Elder scrolls could beat the Wow mages in a fight. This is made all the more believable, however, if you’ve ever played as a mage in both, and compared the two. In Elder scrolls, YOU ARE A GOD SUMMONING DEMONS AND FIRE AND LIGHTNING AND DEATH UPON HOUR ENEMIES HAAAAA HAAAAHAHHHAAAAAA HAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Wheras in Wow you spend most of your time killing animals with the same Ice spell for the first several weeks withnot much true customization.
Okay, rant over. I’m inbed right now, so I may disagree completely whenI wake up tomorrow and profusely apolagise, butI’ll burn that bridge when I reach it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2018, 06:14:42 pm »

Even Medivh needed to summon the Orcs to get his Demonic overseers happy, and that didn’t even work.
Is this actually canon now? I remember thinking how strangely they portrayed him in the movie, but I guess they doubled down and decided to make that the new lore now... Blizz really has this throbbing hamboner for retcons, and I just don't get it.

Also I notice we've gone from Medhiv to Medihv and finally to Medivh... Soon we shall send the h even further on its journey, producing results such as Mediv h, Mediv    h, or possibly even Mediv                    h!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2018, 06:31:32 pm »

Even Medivh needed to summon the Orcs to get his Demonic overseers happy, and that didn’t even work.
Is this actually canon now? I remember thinking how strangely they portrayed him in the movie, but I guess they doubled down and decided to make that the new lore now... Blizz really has this throbbing hamboner for retcons, and I just don't get it.

Also I notice we've gone from Medhiv to Medihv and finally to Medivh... Soon we shall send the h even further on its journey, producing results such as Mediv h, Mediv    h, or possibly even Mediv                    h!

No it just loops around, soon we will have Hmediv.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2018, 06:27:00 am »

Legit LMAO
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2018, 08:49:49 am »

... no. That’s... what happened. He went and made a portal for orcs to come through because he was possessed by a Demon Overlord guy. The movie just... Over-focused. I have no idea whatsoever what the specifics are, since they change basically every single update that Blizzard pumps out, but at the end of the day, he summoned the orcs to please a demon who possessed him via his mother because she had fought with the same demon a bazillion hears ago becase she was an important figure in the magical community, because she had become an extremely powerful mage in spite of the rampant sexism of the time, so she gained a job as the guardian of Tirisfal as appointed by the mages of Dalaran who eventually forces her to step down because she elongated her lifespan using magic gained theough her powers as the guardian of Tirisfal, so she decided to give them one last middle finger by granting all of her Guardian of Tirisfal powers to her son (Who she soon had for this specific reason) instead of handing them over to an already existing mage, so Medhihvh ended up growing up as an uber powerful mage and the guardian of tirisfal as well, which lead him to the demonic possesion thing due to him being too young to be able to fight back and because during that fight with the demon a few bazillion years ago, his mother had been given a hidden curse by the demon who hoped to be able to control a future guardian of Tirisfal, and because Mehdhihvh ended up becoming the guardian of Tirisfal, he was demonically controlled to go far away from Dalaran to a place where he could work in peace, but the people still didn’t trust him, so they placed him under guard, but he managed to befriend the guards, who I forgot to mention consisted of Anduin Lothar, Khadgar, and the other one, so the demon succeeded in controlling him to open the gate.
And that’s why the movie had so much shit going on at the same time. An also why it explains jack shit.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2018, 01:31:44 pm »

Shalidor could beat up mdhhhhhhhhhhhhiv

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2018, 03:55:20 pm »

At this point, I believe we all agree that we may refer to Medhihvh as "h"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2018, 03:42:19 am »

At this point, I believe we all agree that we may refer to Medhihvh as "h"
It’s not ‘Medhihv’, it’s Hmhehdhihvh.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]