Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD  (Read 20371 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2018, 01:10:40 pm »

Go find more food. Hopefully Mr. Hache can finish the shelter without me.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2018, 02:40:44 pm »

Randomgenericusernamer, I was wondering what happened to our beloved leader! The time-lines would get too scrambled at this point to allow you to retro-actively kill anyone. Sorry that we lost your post. I will say, the results came in on the poll and I'm gonna make it so that the current leader can just set an Order of the Day during the morning round, in addition to their regular action. Would you like to set one, and what would you like it to be?

Hotfire90, you can burn Physique or Luck. If you drop to 0 points of Luck, your fate die will automatically result in a 1 on every action, and you will auto-fail Luck checks. If you drop to 0 points of Physique, you are effectively too weak to move, and will auto-fail Physique checks. It's bad to drop to 0!

CABL, Jack already came back with you to the shelter for the night, but is now leaving again to go explore it.

The_Two_Eternities, is there somewhere in particular that you were looking? A certain tool you are using? (I'll give you a bonus to your roll if you specify.)

Rule change-log:
-The Order of the Day is set automatically by the leader, in addition to their regular action during the Morning round. No Personality check is required.

-Discovering the Eldritch Temple will reduce the Exhaustion gained from killing a secret murder-cultist who has committed a murder by 3 points. (Previously it was to 0).

-Removed the Corruption stat.

(By the by, food being so necessary for survival, feel free to start working on a longer-term project to secure a more reliable source of it. It would probably be more satisfying for everyone than just "Looking for food".)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:11:17 pm by Trinculoisdead »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:56 pm »

What about my questions?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2018, 03:11:18 pm »

Thanks for the answer. I'll edit my post with the order soon. It's going to be the same as the one I tried yesterday.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2018, 03:18:25 pm »

Glass posted:

1. Why did nobody take shelter in the cave I'd found?
I don't know. I guess there wasn't time between you being found by Ivan and the night falling for anybody to post a response to that changing situation.

2. No, you cannot try to kill me, because go away. You can have some mushrooms though.
Are you giving the Duke some mushrooms?

3. I'm giving a meal to all the people that didn't have one this time around.
Certainly, it is too late of course for the exhaustion that they gained yesterday, but now they won't starve today.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2018, 03:57:32 pm »

The_Two_Eternities, is there somewhere in particular that you were looking? A certain tool you are using? (I'll give you a bonus to your roll if you specify.)

Let's say... I'm going to try and chop down another coconut tree.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2018, 04:54:33 pm »

Glass posted:

1. Why did nobody take shelter in the cave I'd found?
I don't know. I guess there wasn't time between you being found by Ivan and the night falling for anybody to post a response to that changing situation.

2. No, you cannot try to kill me, because go away. You can have some mushrooms though.
Are you giving the Duke some mushrooms?

3. I'm giving a meal to all the people that didn't have one this time around.
Certainly, it is too late of course for the exhaustion that they gained yesterday, but now they won't starve today.
1. Could I at least have gotten the benefit of the cave? I didn't want to leave, I just wanted to have a way out.
2. I am giving him some very specific mushrooms, yes.
3. Ok. :-)

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2018, 06:37:01 pm »

Sure Glass, we'll say that you spent the night in a dry portion of the cave. -1 Exhaustion

During the night you heard some heavy skittering noises coming from one of the tunnels, and in the dim light saw a large, lobster-like creature coming towards you out of the dark. You squirmed your way behind a fence of stalagmites to get away, and eventually the thing left you alone.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2018, 08:03:19 am »

(Edited my action with the Order of the Day. Currently, I care more about not dying of hunger than finding the hidden temple.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2018, 03:01:13 pm »

Day 3, morning
The storm continues to rage through til midday. (+2 to all checks made in the elements)

Struck with, presumably, some kind of Noble Insight, the Duke demands that today you must do something about the lack of a consistent food source!

Order of the Day: Find a permanent and stable source of constant food! Fishing, hunting, farming... I don't really care about specifics, but I don't want to starve to death!
+1 Karma for every successful action towards this goal. If no-one succeeds at the goal by the end of the day, everyone but the Duke gains a level of exhaustion.

hurry! this construction wont finish itself! at least get the roof built!
Phys: 20 (18+2), 3
The buffeting winds simply blow your bundles of grass up into the surrounding tree-tops. After some time, Ms. Rutherford joins you, mostly in the role of offering advice from down below. Her presence is a comfort to you--at least someone seems to care about the shelter--and with renewed strength you make some progress on getting the roof done. At the same time, Third-mate Sibata has a very useful insight into the best way to bundle the grasses onto the roof. You admit that it is a superior method, and make even more progress. The shelter is nearly finished!

Go chop down another palm tree for coconut retrieval. Hopefully Mr. Hache can finish the shelter without me.
Phys: 14 (14-1-1+2), 1 (-1 bonus for describing action thoroughly, +2 for the weather)
The driving rain and blowing sand makes it difficult to see your work. A buffet of wind knocks you forward while you are driving in some wedges, and you wrench your right wrist badly against the trunk.
+1 Exhaustion

Give mushrooms to William Blake and Ms. Rutherford. Give inedible mushrooms to the Duke.
Attempt to make fire, torches, and some kind of stone weapon(s) (knives, chisels, clubs, and axes are all good).

Wit: 17, 5
You can figure out how to make a torch, at least.
Phys: 9 (7+2), 5
After spending the night in the cave, protected from the crab-creature by a fence of stalagmites, you return to camp in the morning and distribute some mushrooms to the hungry amongst the party. +3 Karma
You craft three torches out of some slightly-drier wood and coatings of resinous sap from one of Fritz's fallen trees. Each can burn for a round.

You think back to your parting words with Jack the previous evening.
"It's your choice; you can stay in the cave, if you want. Just hope that the cave doesn't have any bears occupying it."
With that being said, return back to the group and rest.
You spend the morning resting, sheltering as well as you can from the storm.

Motivate the builders so they can finally finish the shelter.
Pers: 8 (7+2-1), 1
Your presence seems to encourage Dustan, the Explorer, as he attempts to tie grass-bundles onto the roof faster than the wind can blow them off again. He is able to make some progress on the shelter! The constant rain and wind buffets you about, however, and your teeth ache from chattering by mid-day.
+1 to the Shelter
+1 Exhaustion
Jack gives you a meal of mushrooms.

Highest Rank
You wake up to the blowing storm and decide that today is a good day for getting some reliable food sources going. You announce this in broken English to the various huddled survivors.
Order of the Day: Find a permanent and stable source of constant food! Fishing, hunting, farming... I don't really care about specifics, but I don't want to starve to death!

I'll burn 2 points of Physique and moan about how badly built this shelter is while not doing anything useful or helpful. Also, examine that skull I had found a while ago. Other than being mossy, does it have any other interesting qualities?

-2 Exhaustion, -2 Physique
Wit: 9, 3
You scrape some of the moss off the back of the misshapen skull, revealing a crudely-drawn map! It details a path leading inland along the stream, before cutting cross-jungle towards the Little Hill. At the top of the Little Hill some kind of structure has been etched into the skull.
+1 to [Temple]

Jack shows up and hands out mushrooms to Blake, the newcomer, and Ms. Rutherford.
Luck: 4, 5
You are unfamiliar with these mushrooms, but you cannot help but notice that Blake and Rutherford are given one kind, and you are given a different kind, one with reddish spots all over it.

Checkout the shelter and rest, I can use my resting time to ponder on the many ways the shelter is OK [BUILDING CHECK]
Wit: 1, 2
Watching Dustan attempt to roof over the structure, you have a sudden insight into the ideal way to go about it, and instruct Dustan in how to do so.
+1 to the Shelter

It never stormed like this back home!

Spoiler: "Aigresaur the Cook" (click to show/hide)
The driving rain makes a rat-a-tat drumming on your cooking pot all morning, like a tiny drummer with a very strange idea of rhythm.

Spoiler: "William Blake" (click to show/hide)
It's still good to not be dead, despite the awful weather. A scruffy-looking man called Jack gives you a meal of mushrooms.

Long-term goals:
Small Boat w/ sail: sail, 2/6 building checks, 0/6 building materials.

Find the Hidden Temple: 4/10 checks

Build a Shelter: 11/11 Materials, 6/8 building checks
3 bundles of grasses, pulpy wood, 7 loads of palm-wood,
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:34:11 pm by Trinculoisdead »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2018, 03:40:26 pm »

"Nobody" Jack

Alright, let's go search the cave. A good food source (order of the day), more dry wood, etc. would all be very useful.
And keep my eye out for anything unusual. (Temple)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 08:11:27 am by Glass »

Hotfire90

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2018, 03:53:15 pm »

Search for a good fishing spot, take my rodent with me to help me with the search.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2018, 12:48:59 am »

Duke Adalhard I of Regensburg

"Ich bereue es schon, den glühenden Angriff auf den Grundbesitzer zuzulassen..."

Try to use my exhaustive knowledge of poisons and attempt to determine if the mushrooms Nobody Jack gave me are dangerous and how. Don't touch them directly, if possible.

If I recognize them as dangerous mushrooms, I'll attempt to get him Banished next turn.
If I don't, still don't eat or touch them as I still don't trust that dude at all. He's still suspicious.

Either way, use one of the doses of poison on the mushrooms and leave them outside as bait, in front of the entrance to the shelter. Maybe a nearby animal eats them and dies, leaving us with more food than before. I already know I shouldn't eat them and this is better than just letting them be wasted.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2018, 02:58:29 am »

Push onward, Finish what i started! the shelter must hold!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2018, 05:33:53 am »

Ivan Semyonov

Well, let's have a coconut breakfast, then I shall head out and explore the cave along with Nobody Jack.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17