Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD  (Read 20368 times)

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2018, 04:48:14 pm »

The next round will be the morning of the next day, yes.

There's only one fat rodent, that I recall.

Hotfire90

« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2018, 04:53:24 pm »

Oh no my pet rodent stays safe, the two people I'm commanding however...

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2018, 05:02:56 pm »

Oh, haha, well played.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2018, 06:28:22 pm »

((Yaaay the GM assumed the right choice on what I'd do with my character!))

Order anyone not posting to go ensure the supplies are well-kept (e.g. cooking if possible, to extend the supplies), and to otherwise just keep the shelter safe and clean.

Alira herself prepares some medical anythings for the Captain and crew, ensuring that medical protocol given her knowledge of seaborne illnesses (or landborne ones due to lacking stuff at sea) is followed.

Hopefully we'll get 1 exhaustion away!

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2018, 03:20:27 am »

((Yaaay the GM assumed the right choice on what I'd do with my character!))
Hopefully we'll get 1 exhaustion away![/b]
Oh good, well it just seemed like what you were going for.

Everyone resting in the shelter did get rid of a level of exhaustion, yes!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2018, 03:27:50 am »

((Who has the axe, BTW?))

Since no one's chopping wood down, I'll go and do that.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2018, 09:06:45 am »

”What’s so funny? you’ve never been stranded on a island with only a few tools to go around, and the majority of them being clung to tightly by their owners? or you just delerious from whatever plague struck half of you?”
keep away from the sick people as much as possible without outright abandoning the shelter. continue trying to knapp some stone into a sharp-ish blade.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2018, 02:22:53 pm »

((Who has the axe, BTW?))

Fritz William's axe is presumably out in the jungle somewhere. He didn't come home last night.

"Nobody" Jack made an axe last night, so he has one. But that's it so far. The Dutch ship probably has several though.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »

"I know how to gain access to the real temple, we just need to follow the trail of markers and touch them. C'mon lads, in the name for treasure!"

Go find the markers and have one of my two guinea pigs touch them. Return back to the temple once all the markers have been touched.
Follow and help find the markers, and try touching all of them too. Try to understand what the voices meant to say with bathing the crest with blood.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2018, 10:53:42 pm »

Day 5, morning (1/4)
”What’s so funny? you’ve never been stranded on a island with only a few tools to go around, and the majority of them being clung to tightly by their owners? or you just delerious from whatever plague struck half of you?”
keep away from the sick people as much as possible without outright abandoning the shelter. continue trying to knap some stone into a sharp-ish blade.
Wit: 10, 3
You keep well-away from the Dutch sailors as the morning goes by. Your efforts to shape a blade lead nowhere. Frustrated, you begin to feel rather resentful of the sailors.
As you chip away at what feels like the hundredth stone this morning, the man who accompanied the captain to the ship the night before staggers into the shelter and confers hurriedly with his shipmates. He is tall and thin, pale and shaking. Concerned murmurs begin to fill that end of the shelter, and some kind of argument breaks out. A broad-faced, balding man shoves the shaken sailor to the ground and shouts down at him. At that point Alira steps in and stops the violence. Apparently the Dutch captain is dead.

Lets try to turn those pieces of raw pork in the stockpile into something more preservable. Also, maybe try to set something up to prevent insects and animals from getting to our stored food?
Wit: 18, 6 (Karma lost)
Morning comes with the cries of sea-birds and the crackling of a small fire over by the Dutch. The sea is full of salt, but you have none. You set about cooking the pork, but burn much of it through an over-zealous desire to make sure "it's done all the way through".

Ass!
Phys: 11, 1
You snap off some branches and bring those back to the shelter.

"I know how to gain access to the real temple, we just need to follow the trail of markers and touch them. C'mon lads, in the name of treasure!"
Go find the markers and have one of my two guinea pigs touch them. Return back to the temple once all the markers have been touched.
Pers: 19, 5
The cabin's boy and the able seaman are ill-at-ease and moody after the night spent in the jungle. Hearing your command, William gives you a hard stare, and then walks away in the direction of the south shore.
Young Jack does as you order him, but after touching the first marker and leaping back with a yelp, he refuses to do so with any of the others.

Follow and help find the markers, and try touching all of them too. Try to understand what the voices meant to say with bathing the crest with blood.
Wit: 3 1
The boy Jack seems to be pained by the marker, but for you the stone feels warm and comforting. You ponder over what the voice meant by bathing the crest, and realize with a start the murderous and violent intentions of the faces in the stone.

Highest Rank
Order anyone not posting to go ensure the supplies are well-kept (e.g. cooking if possible, to extend the supplies), and to otherwise just keep the shelter safe and clean.

Alira herself prepares some medical anythings for the Captain and crew, ensuring that medical protocol given her knowledge of seaborne illnesses (or landborne ones due to lacking stuff at sea) is followed.

You order Aigresaur to prepare some of the raw pork.
Wit: 11 (15-4), 4
He makes a delicious pot of stew with the remaining, unburnt, pork!

You set about tending to the sailors.
Wit: 9, 3
And come to the conclusion that whatever is wrong with these men is unlike any disease you have ever seen. Four of them are merely in shock and suffering from lack of a healthy diet. But the other half have cold sweats and dark lesions patch-worked over their skin. Curiously, they each of them also have two small cuts on the sides of their necks. A regular distance apart. The work of rats in the night, perhaps?
Your thoughts are interrupted by a scuffle amongst the Dutch. The man who watched over the ship last night with Captain Visser has returned and has just been knocked to the ground by a heavy-set red-faced man. You break it up and learn through some rather poor English that the Captain was found dead this morning. You go investigate yourself and find him pale and lifeless in his cabin, with bloody scratches and bites from his throat down to the skin over his heart.

Ouch! That stone sent a sharp pain into your left hand. You won't be touching any like it any time soon if you can help it!

Spoiler: "Aigresaur the Cook" (click to show/hide)
You roar in triumph over your pot of pork stew. Smells like victory!

Spoiler: "William Blake" (click to show/hide)
Enough is enough. You leave Jack, Ms. Rutherford, and the German noble in the jungle and hike back to the shore. Perhaps the Dutch are ready to depart.

Long-term goals:
Small Boat w/ sail: sail, 2/6 building checks, 0/6 building materials.

Discovered:
Ivan and Jack: a deep pit leading to a volcanic tunnel that heads underground toward the shorter hill.
Ms. Rutherford: a fishing spot in the lagoon, some ways west along the beach from the shelter.
Alira Sibata: a grove of banana plants, 1d6 meals' worth of bananas once per day. 20 minutes walk inland from the shelter. (it takes an action to go harvest them)
Duke Adalhard: The Eldritch Temple! Permanent +2 Luck to all survivors, and anyone who wishes may now travel to the temple to become an initiate into the secret murder cult, gaining any and all benefits. Additionally, killing a Secret Murder Cultist now grants 3 less Exhaustion to the killer than previously.

Built:
A shelter, large enough to fit 10 survivors.
Food-store: 3 bundles of bananas, a bundle of roots, 2 piles of mushrooms, some spiky sea-creatures, 2 meals' worth of burnt pork, 5 meal's worth of pork-stew

(P.S. The tiger rule is altered. Now, one may go out and forage, but only if one offers specific details about what one is hoping to find and how one gets it and where one looks. Anyone literally "foraging for food" will meet with our stripey friend.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2018, 11:33:38 pm »

Shit. ._.

Go hunt for animals to replace the meat I ruined. Take my axe with me to use as my weapon. (For these purposes, a tiger is not an animal. A tiger is a hazard to be avoided at all costs.)

Also: vampires much?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Hotfire90

« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2018, 01:08:42 pm »

"C'mon Jack, what are you waiting for? Heaps of gold and diamonds await you once you touch all the markers."

Convince Jack to touch all the markers. Return to the temple once he touched all of them.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2018, 07:57:25 pm »

Continue helping Elizabeth find the markers with my knowledge of the island. I have explored these parts many times, and maybe I get lucky and find the markers by accident. Touch all the markers, too.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2018, 10:51:10 pm »

Alira begins to organize the crew based on seniority--with a thorough medical check on all members (for scurvy, checking their teeth--ulterior motive, to fix up this impression that the crew did this); she then sets the ORDER OF THE DAY to more food finding for Karma.

Basically she then makes a structure where the Dutch crew--the healthy ones anyway, is to be in a trio with one of each of the people here in descending order of seniority (e.g. Alira gets 2 of the highest officers they have, while at the bottom the Stowaway doesn't...get any if there are no more of their crew)

"We need to depart soon. I do not like the looks of this."

She also orders ANY/ALL INACTIVE PEOPLE to go guard the ship and investigate it's holds and such.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2018, 12:24:04 am »

(Wondering, do active people rank higher than inactive people? :P)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17