Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD  (Read 20453 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2018, 10:39:18 pm »

"Gefälschte Landwirtschaft! Der Boden hat einen Keller voller dominanter Leinen."

Of course it is, I love watching others work. But, maybe it would be better to try to find something to eat instead of wasting time. Try to get some berries, I'm too lazy to climb a tree and don't want to risk hitting my head with a coconut.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2018, 12:02:01 am »

Go find a better tree and chop it down.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2018, 01:48:05 am »

"Nobody" Jack

Hmn...
Wait for the owners of the nests to return and try to capture them!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:24:50 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2018, 04:30:04 am »

Ivan Semyonov

Pull another coconut down. If we get enough wood for our shelter, assist the construction of it by roping it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 10:50:47 am »

go harvest some more grass, since I don’t have the tools to collect wood and a stream has already been found.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hotfire90

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 11:51:45 am »

Get rid of those lousy insects by taking a nice bath in the stream, my rodent also gets a bath.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2018, 08:16:15 pm »

"Gefälschte Landwirtschaft! Der Boden hat einen Keller voller dominanter Leinen."

Of course it is, I love watching others work. But, maybe it would be better to try to find something to eat instead of wasting time. Try to get some berries, I'm too lazy to climb a tree and don't want to risk hitting my head with a coconut.
Food with the Duke! I can succeed now, that I know where seems to not be the place to look!

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2018, 11:52:35 pm »

Day 1, afternoon

go harvest some more grass, since I don’t have the tools to collect wood and a stream has already been found.
Phys: 18, 2
As the day progresses you go back to gathering grasses. The sun is warm on your back, and getting down out of the wind feels really good... You fall asleep in the lee of a large tussock. You awaken to a small crab pinching at your nostrils. Some time has passed, judging from the light.

Go find a better tree and chop it down.
Phys: 2 (7-5), 5
Your berries carefully secured in a handkerchief, you set to with your axe and fell a large palm. You discover that it has quite serviceable wood. Is there a particular cause to which you wish this wood to go?

Wait for the owners of the nests to return and try to capture them!
Luck: 15, 4
After some time, a brown-and-white shorebird flutters down towards the nest. It catches sight of your greasy head at the last moment, and chirps in surprise as it wriggles away through the tall grass. It evades your grasping fingers.

"АЙ! ГОЛОВА ТЕПЕРЬ БУДЕТ БОЛЕТЬ, СУКА!"*

Pull another coconut down. If we get enough wood for our shelter, assist the construction of it by roping it.
Phys: 13, 3
Another coconut! You see that Old Man Carpenter has felled another palm, but you're not sure to what purpose he wishes to put it.

Get rid of those lousy insects by taking a nice bath in the stream, my rodent also gets a bath.
Pers: 11 (12-1), 1
You take a refreshing bath in the shallow stream with the last little slip of French lavender soap. Your pet rodent struggles with the strength of a tom-cat when you try to get it to join you, and sits on the shore watching. Occasionally it chirps out sharply in your direction, almost as if to reprimand you for your current un-rodent-like state.

Highest Rank
Wit: 8, 5
You find a clump of berry-bushes at the edge of the tree-line near the stream. You hear a curious chirping sound now and then as you gather the berries into a convenient container, which is... ah! The skull you found earlier will do nicely.
As you finish, you see that Alira has followed you here, her body suddenly jerks in surprise, and she leaps away from where she had been standing. Coming closer, you can see that she has been snake-bitten in the calf.

[Look for] Food with the Duke! I can succeed now, that I know where seems to not be the place to look!
Phys: 17, 1
The Duke is easy to follow so long as he carries on shouting in German. You find him in the midst of some berry-bushes, the fruit of which he is depositing into a mossy-green skull...
Ironically, at this exact moment, you see a flash of red and black at your feet and two sharp pains in your calf. The banded snake whips away into the water, and you are left with a burning, twisting sensation in your leg. +1 Exhaustion

You spend the time resting in the future shelter area.

Spoiler: "Aigresaur the Cook" (click to show/hide)
You are alone on the beach.

Long-term goals:
Small Boat w/ sail: sail, 2/6 building checks, 0/6 building materials.

Find the Hidden Temple: 2/10 checks

Build a Shelter: 2/10 Materials, 0/8 building checks
2 bundles of grasses,
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:52:16 pm by Trinculoisdead »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2018, 12:11:16 am »

get the crab to stop pinching my nose by feeding it a small chunk of jerky as I have.. what I guess qualifies as a breakfast. Keep the little guy as a pet and resume harvesting the tussock at my earliest convenience.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2018, 12:29:56 am »

How fresh is this coconut? Have I even encountered coconuts before?
If no better ideas come to mind, attempt to find a sharp rock or something to cut into it with, before distributing it to anyone around who wants some.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:36 am »

Try again.
And share one of my meals with Jack Perkins when I get the opportunity to do so.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2018, 10:21:19 am »

The shelter.

Try to find a tree with coconuts and chop that down, I'll need a long(ish) term food source.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 02:48:42 pm »

"Die oberste Feder hasst das schillernde Notizbuch vom Himmel! Autos, die bequem genug für einen Mund sind, signalisieren die Entwicklung einer Wanne!"

Freak out and run away from the snake. [TEMPLE] Explore and try to find a nearby cave or ancient ruins in which I could rest, since the shelter is obviously not going to be finished before this night.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2018, 06:36:28 pm »

Freak out and run away from the snake. [TEMPLE] Explore and try to find a nearby cave or ancient ruins in which I could rest, since the shelter is obviously not going to be finished before this night.
"Where are you going? It's not poisonous!"

Snake. Food. Now!
Or if I can otherwise tame the snake for it to be my best buddy, let it happen! (Otherwise just search for food ONE last time this turn)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2018, 06:31:29 am »

Ivan Semyonov

Okay, let's crack one of the coconuts open!
Drink the coconut milk if my action is success!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17