Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD  (Read 20037 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2018, 07:16:42 am »

"Für Tritte weinen, hübsch fehlerhafter Kumpel. Höre das Unverwundbare und akzeptiere tödliche Fürsorge, ausgeprägten und abrasiven Kaktus."

Go find the Third Mate and suggest them that we should instead be trying to build a strong shelter in that nice place I found that skull at to both resist future storms and have a place in which to rest. If they agree to spend their time preparing to build a shelter, aid them as best as I can without hurting my back.

If they don't, [TEMPLE] go back to the place in which I found the skull and explore upstream. A clean source of water could be useful and I might find more interesting relics.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2018, 08:08:22 am »

-"Nobody" Jack

Continue searching for food. Food is good and necessary for continued survival.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 08:13:22 am »

((Hey! Its like Legend of Grimrock!))

((PTW))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hotfire90

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2018, 08:48:12 am »

"Hey there little fellow, you look a little lost, why don't you come with me?"

Tame the rodent.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 10:52:02 am »

leave the grass bundle with Alira, and go find a source of freshwater.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 02:00:40 pm »

Keep swimming for that shore!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2018, 07:40:23 pm »

Keep swimming for that shore!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mate, you're required to not be a dinosaur.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2018, 07:57:24 pm »

He says he's only got the mentality of a dinosaur now.  ???
I don't know why the dinosaur thing is such a deal-breaker haha.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 08:48:52 pm »

Trim, he wants to be a dinosaur in most of the games he’s taken part in. Just like I usually play as a cat, or a monsterous beetle or a living void or a tentacled brain thing made solely of psychic energy.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2018, 07:28:04 am »

He says he's only got the mentality of a dinosaur now.  ???
I don't know why the dinosaur thing is such a deal-breaker haha.
Ah, missed that part.
It still doesn't make a whit of sense...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2018, 12:26:17 pm »

"Für Tritte weinen, hübsch fehlerhafter Kumpel. Höre das Unverwundbare und akzeptiere tödliche Fürsorge, ausgeprägten und abrasiven Kaktus."

Go find the Third Mate and suggest them that we should instead be trying to build a strong shelter in that nice place I found that skull at to both resist future storms and have a place in which to rest. If they agree to spend their time preparing to build a shelter, aid them as best as I can without hurting my back.
((I like that the GM gave me my color :B Also yaaay, someone gave me fewd!))

"A temple? Well I guess a central area to begin with is a good idea. And I didn't notice you were the Duke! Sorry!"

Go do that suggestion! If it doesn't mean anything--I'll find food on the way. Yay food!

Spoiler: Sheet as of last turn (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2018, 12:41:54 pm »

"Gedämpftes Gähnen, der hilfsbereite Vertreter ist gescheitert! Es ist schön, ein paar rotzige Gurken zu riechen, also rate mal die hervorragenden Vogelscheuchen..."

"...Ah, Englisch? Yes, me Duke Adalhard I von Regensburg. Me think we build have shelter.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2018, 08:14:02 pm »

I've been bed-ridden with dysentery or something,   :'(
I'll update when I can.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2018, 11:17:01 pm »

Drag my fire materials to a fairly central location amongst us and deposit them there.
Then... go back to searching for food, I guess? Surely some of these trees have some good stuff.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 09:52:59 pm »

Day 1, Mid-day

Wit: 11 (14-3), 3
You drop the bundle near the Third Mate, and spend some time searching for fresh water. You meet with no success.

Grumble angrily and go look for some berries.
Luck: 9, 4
You find a scraggly patch of... some kind of berry-bush near the fallen tree. You collect a meal's worth of the reddish fruit.

Continue searching for food. Food is good and necessary for continued survival.
Luck: 1, 4
You crawl on all fours through the grassy plain, and come across two more nests full of eggs!

"АЙ! ГОЛОВА ТЕПЕРЬ БУДЕТ БОЛЕТЬ, СУКА!"*

Yelp the cry of pain and tell the carpenter to chop trees somewhere away from me.
Keep trying to pull coconuts.

Phys: 10, 3
Hey, you're not bad at this. You tug down a ripe coconut.

"Hey there little fellow, you look a little lost, why don't you come with me?"
Tame the rodent.
Pers: 3, 1
You coax the furry creature with a few candied chestnuts, and it quickly warms to you. Unfortunately, the diminutive beast has a number of biting insects in its fur, which spread to your stockings with alacrity. The two of you can be seen walking amongst the dunes, periodically scratching at bites: the rodent with its hind-paws, you with your stick-arms.

Highest Rank
"Für Tritte weinen, hübsch fehlerhafter Kumpel. Höre das Unverwundbare und akzeptiere tödliche Fürsorge, ausgeprägten und abrasiven Kaktus.
"...Ah, Englisch? Yes, me Duke Adalhard I von Regensburg. Me think we build have shelter."

Phys: 10, 3
The third-mate, Alira, agrees to your proposal, and work begins upon constructing a permanent shelter near the skull-stream. You attempt to help, but, the state of your back... It is best if you simply watch for now.

"Well I guess a central area to begin with is a good idea. And I didn't notice you were the Duke! Sorry!"

Go do that suggestion! If it doesn't mean anything--I'll find food on the way. Yay food!
Phys: 14, 2
You follow the German noble across the dunes to where a stream of fresh water gurgles along the tree-line. The cabin-boy drops an armful of twigs and leaves nearby, and then wanders off while your back is turned. Now... A shelter. Hm.. The Duke is clearly useless, complaining loudly in German while grasping at his back when asked to maneuver a log out of the way. And you make little progress towards constructing a shelter as the morning progresses.

At one point the scarred explorer, Hache, drops off a large bundle of grasses. This should help with the shelter, at least.

Drag my fire materials to a fairly central location amongst us and deposit them there.
Then... go back to searching for food, I guess? Surely some of these trees have some good stuff.     
Luck: 4, 3
The Third-mate and the Duke have agreed upon a spot for a shelter near a shallow stream in the woods. The spot gives you the creeps though: the gurgling of the stream sounds like someone trying to breathe with sea-water in their lungs; so you slip away from the German's broken English.
You come to a freshly-fallen tree, where Ivan the Russian is lassoeing down coconuts from a nearby palm. It is hard work, and you hear many interesting-sounding cusses. You also catch sight of a large coconut lying unnoticed amongst the tall grasses and grab it, leaving before the Russian can take out his anger against any perceived "thievery".

Spoiler: "Aigresaur the Cook" (click to show/hide)
Swim to Shore
Auto-success: You wash up on the beach near where a small stream flows across it, your pockets full of lemons, and a bag of jackfruit clutched in one hand.

Long-term goals:
Small Boat w/ sail: sail, 2/6 building checks, 0/6 building materials.

Find the Hidden Temple: 2/10 checks

Build a Shelter: 2/10 Materials, 0/8 building checks
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:54:29 pm by Trinculoisdead »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17