Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD  (Read 20053 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Shore: a shipwreck RTD
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2018, 01:59:18 am »

'cause it's not a natural 1.
???
Why isn’t it? Ah, nevermind, that’s what the 3-6 is. Ok.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2018, 05:08:42 am »

Ivan Semyonov

In disgust, I go and try to forage for food. Unless Alira suddenly pins a task on me.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2018, 08:29:28 am »

"Dieser Fluch von Katzengetränken!"

First, grab the sharp halves of the family crest if they are light and small enough. They might be important later, and could be used as a weapon in a pinch.

Then, go find Elizabeth Rutherford and Alira Sibata. Tell them about my amazing discovery and try to convince them to come with me to the temple. There might be treasure inside!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2018, 10:22:35 am »

[...]
Then, go find Elizabeth Rutherford and Alira Sibata. Tell them about my amazing discovery and try to convince them to come with me to the temple. There might be treasure inside!

Alira apologizes as she relays the message to everyone she meets.

"The ship is owned by the Dutch, and may have either diseased on board or lost crew due to disease; those who are well will meet us on the south shore. I will give a short order to a few to stock food and materials we can fashion for rest and rope. I can not come to the temple right now but I do wish you well, Duke. We have a way home, and I want to ensure the first thing they meet is a good meal."

Spoiler: "Aigresaur the Cook" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "William Blake" (click to show/hide)
Orders:
> William goes scavenging for food
> Aigresaur follows Jack and helps out
^ These fellows dump whatever they find at the shelter, and if they have time, perform a check of the supplies for cooking.
> Jack goes alongside myself to find materials we can use for medical treatment or at least for the small boat (or a place we can revisit for them).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:23:49 am by Tiruin »

Hotfire90

« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2018, 11:14:35 am »

Wonder whether my pet rodent is good for anything other than disapointing me.

[...]

"Treasure? Oh yes that does sound more than enticing, but don't you think we should gather a few people belonging to the lower classes to collect the treasure for us? It doesn't befit us nobles to dirty our own hands when we have servants to do it for us."

Accompany the duke only if he agrees to gather a few survivors to collect the treasures on our behalf, otherwise try to teach my pet rodent to better follow my orders and to be useful at something else other than serving as a mobile food ration.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2018, 12:29:28 pm »

Go find some palm fronds and try to fan the bugs off me.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2018, 07:08:27 am »

Wonder whether my pet rodent is good for anything other than disapointing me.

[...]

"Treasure? Oh yes that does sound more than enticing, but don't you think we should gather a few people belonging to the lower classes to collect the treasure for us? It doesn't befit us nobles to dirty our own hands when we have servants to do it for us."

Accompany the duke only if he agrees to gather a few survivors to collect the treasures on our behalf, otherwise try to teach my pet rodent to better follow my orders and to be useful at something else other than serving as a mobile food ration.

Yeah, sure. Drag anyone who doesn't refuse or who isn't currently doing anything with me to the temple expedition.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2018, 11:38:12 am »

Butcher and cook the pig as best I can with the tools available.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2018, 12:57:36 am »

Day 4, afternoon

Order of the Day: Get abundant food enough to feed everyone tonight! All found food should be dumped in the shelter. No stealing please! (In other words, all food found with this order in mind does not go to your personal inventory, but to a stock-pile in the shelter.)
+1 Karma for every successful action towards this goal. If no-one succeeds at the goal by the end of the day, everyone but the Duke gains a level of exhaustion.
Fritz: 3 bundles of bananas
"Nobody" Jack: a bundle of roots, and 2 piles of mushrooms

Butcher and cook the pig as best I can with the tools available.
Wit: 18, 4
You make a mess of it. No-one nearby seems to have a knife, and so you make do with sharp pieces of rock: gouging the pig open and yanking out its innards. It takes hours, and you become thoroughly covered with blood and guts.

Go find some palm fronds and try to fan the bugs off me.
Phys: 18 , 4
You snap off a palm frond, but disturb a number of insects that were hiding underneath it. They buzz in your ears and eyes as you stomp here and there, swishing desperately at the bugs.

go forage some food for myself, and then look around for anything of potential interest or use. Stuff tools can be made from is good.
Luck: 4 (9-5), 5/2
Ah, what luck, yet another nest in the dunes full of tasty little eggs.
You look around for anything of potential interest or use. You see the big blue sky, the sand beneath your feet, the grasses whispering in the wind, the trees swaying in the distance, the ship slowly making its way towards shore, the sun in the sky, the reefs far out in the bay, the big hill and the little hill, and the items of clothing on your body.

In disgust, I go and try to forage for food. Unless Alira suddenly pins a task on me.
Luck: 5, 6
You spy the skinny form of Nobody Jack with his head stuck into a bush in the sand dunes. When you ask, he explains that he is searching for birds' eggs. Many of them seem to make their nests here amidst the dunes. You decide to try this as well, and look for some time. You find a nest full of eggs, but cut your hands badly on some sharp grasses. +1 to your next action.

The Duke is unable to gather any of the idle survivors, as they are all working at tasks set them by the Third Mate.
You set about teaching your rodent to follow your orders.
Pers: 18, 4
You are beginning to think that you tamed the runt of the litter...

"Dieser Fluch von Katzengetränken!"

First, grab the sharp halves of the family crest if they are light and small enough. They might be important later, and could be used as a weapon in a pinch.

You pick up the two halves of your broken family crest, and return to the shelter.
Elizabeth is unwilling to join you unless you gather some commoners to do the heavy lifting. And Alira explains that no-one is available: the approaching Dutch vessel is the only thing of importance at the moment.

Highest Rank
Orders:
> William goes scavenging for food
> Aigresaur follows Jack and helps out
^ These fellows dump whatever they find at the shelter, and if they have time, perform a check of the supplies for cooking.

William and Aigresaur go forth, scavenging.
Luck: 6, 3
They find some spiky-purple creatures in a pool. Once they are cooked and cracked open they are quite tasty. They bring them to the general supply.
> Jack goes alongside myself to find materials we can use for medical treatment or at least for the small boat (or a place we can revisit for them).
Luck: 16, 5
Amazingly, you find a sealed tin of medical supplies bobbing in the shallows of a tide-pool.

Your sharp eyes catch sight of a tin floating in a tide-pool as you accompany the Third-mate.

Spoiler: "Aigresaur the Cook" (click to show/hide)
You begin building sand castles and sand houses and sand roads in the dunes. You chuckle to yourself as you work, imagining the devastation that is about to occur. But then you are taken away from the fun when Alira Sibata commands you to go foraging.

Spoiler: "William Blake" (click to show/hide)
Your thoughts are interrupted by the Third-mate, who makes you go foraging with the strange cook.

Long-term goals:
Small Boat w/ sail: sail, 2/6 building checks, 0/6 building materials.

Discovered:
Ivan and Jack: a deep pit leading to a volcanic tunnel that heads underground toward the shorter hill.
Ms. Rutherford: a fishing spot in the lagoon, some ways west along the beach from the shelter.
Alira Sibata: a grove of banana plants, 1d6 meals' worth of bananas once per day. 20 minutes walk inland from the shelter. (it takes an action to go harvest them)
Duke Adalhard: The Eldritch Temple! Permanent +2 Luck to all survivors, and anyone who wishes may now travel to the temple to become an initiate into the secret murder cult, gaining any and all benefits. Additionally, killing a Secret Murder Cultist now grants 3 less Exhaustion to the killer than previously.

Built:
A shelter, large enough to fit 10 survivors.
Food-store: 3 bundles of bananas, a bundle of roots, 2 piles of mushrooms, some spiky sea-creatures

As the afternoon progresses, the Dutch vessel begins sailing around the reefs, looking for a way through into the lagoon. A trained eye can tell that the ship is being handled sluggishly, that is, that the crew is either sloppy or too few for the task.

Note: You guys have a lot of food. The next person to go "foraging for food" is going to be eaten by a tiger.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:59:19 am by Trinculoisdead »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2018, 01:34:41 am »

“Nobody” Jack
I’ll try to look for things I can make tools out of. Handle-sized branches, moderately sharp rocks, palm fronds that I can use for bindings or basket-weaving, etc.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2018, 06:34:43 am »

(("Yeah, sure. Drag anyone who doesn't refuse or who isn't currently doing anything with me to the temple expedition." With this, I meant to bring Aigresaur, William and Jack since they were inactive, not doing anything or were capable of refusing. Can I roll for taking them with me so Elizabeth agrees to go to the temple to be introduced to the cult?))

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2018, 07:27:52 am »

"Ass!"

Ivan Semyonov

Lick my cut finger, then await orders from Alira.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:41:25 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2018, 08:23:23 am »

finish the butchering  and start cooking to the best of my abilities. there has to be some salvageable muscle-meat on this boar!
Also, deposit half of it raw into the stockpile, being careful not to mingle it with the rest of the non-meat foodstuffs.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:42:23 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2018, 04:59:48 pm »

(("Yeah, sure. Drag anyone who doesn't refuse or who isn't currently doing anything with me to the temple expedition." With this, I meant to bring Aigresaur, William and Jack since they were inactive, not doing anything or were capable of refusing. Can I roll for taking them with me so Elizabeth agrees to go to the temple to be introduced to the cult?))
Certainly you can! As long as Alira Sibata, the new leader of the survivors, does not set some other task for them during the same round.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:02:42 pm by Trinculoisdead »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2018, 05:08:27 pm »

Go forage for food. See if I can find some more banana bushes. [OotD]
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17