Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Setting caravan not to bring wagon??  (Read 892 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Setting caravan not to bring wagon??
« on: September 24, 2018, 07:22:16 pm »

like elves, can i setting other civs not to bring wagon, only pack animals?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Setting caravan not to bring wagon??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:38:21 pm »

like elves, can i setting other civs not to bring wagon, only pack animals?
Maybe the elves don't have access to any WAGON_PULLER tagged animals. Try removing WAGON_PULLER from all domestic animals. (hopefully you have a text editor that can do "find string in this pile of files")
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 07:46:09 pm »

Other than forcing the issue by not having a wagonable (or any) path betwixt depot and map-edge, you mean?

(This being the Modding discussion area I'm imagining good reasons to 'hard code it', like developing a flavour-challenge in a mod intended for other not so self-disciplined players, or else because you know the wagon will turn away and fail to carry in its load, so you want everything there on pack-animals and not lost to the failure-to-path or other wagon-specific misfortune. But I just want to be sure you're not missing the 'obvious' answer.)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 08:02:28 pm »

Maybe the elves don't have access to any WAGON_PULLER tagged animals. Try removing WAGON_PULLER from all domestic animals. (hopefully you have a text editor that can do "find string in this pile of files")

No need for such radical modifications - it's enough to just remove the [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] tag from any civ (entity) you don't want to be using wagons.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 10:00:55 pm »

The primary reason Elves don't bring wagons is due to their ethics - specifically, setting the KILL_PLANT ethic to anything between MISGUIDED and UNTHINKABLE (inclusive) will prevent the entity from bringing wagons in trade, though it will also prevent them from accepting wooden goods during trade.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 04:47:21 am »

I wonder, could you just remove wagons from an entity with an [ANIMAL] token that forbids all roles? They're just COMMON_DOMESTIC things at heart, I don't see why you couldn't.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 10:24:41 am »

No need for such radical modifications - it's enough to just remove the [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] tag from any civ (entity) you don't want to be using wagons.

^ This.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...