Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Libashabod (Axestrike), a tale of lies and conflict [Starting!]  (Read 6020 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Libashabod (Axestrike), a tale of lies and conflict [Starting!]
« on: October 02, 2018, 11:22:11 am »

I'm setting up a community fortress. It will be built on a mountain surrounded by goblins and zombies. The goal is to become militarily powerful and succeed against our enemies. With the new c-screen mechanics, this should be more interesting.

Self-Imposed Restrictions: no turtling. I'm considering eliminating bridges and traps, but I don't know if I want to go that far.

Available Dwarves:

Spoiler: Ïteb Likotgikut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kosoth Avédzaneg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zuntîr Thîkutsoloz (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meng Atheltoral (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kivish Ìtdùnkadôl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sigun Ledkìrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ònul Edëmkidet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:30:20 am by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Libashabod (Axestrike), a tale of hardship and war
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:51:10 am »

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:07:23 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 02:43:44 pm »

[placeholder]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:08:00 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 03:04:14 pm »

[placeholder]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:07:16 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Sigtext!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Oddly, I've set to see a Fortress of any type actually focused on (and possibly !SCIENCE!-ing) the new military mechanics.  PTW.

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to claim Onul. What are your plans for him?

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile

Could I claim Meng?

I would like for her to have:
-novice wrestling
-novice discipline
-any craft

Backstory:
Meng Altheltoral is one of the few dwarves assigned to the establishment of Axestrike. On the journey she managed to catch a small bird with her bare hands and was nicknamed BlueKanary.
Although physically weak she aspires to become a skilled wrestler, training for the entire last month of each season.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Now that the college application crunch is nearly over, I’ll be starting this community fortress in a week or two.

Dwarves can be claimed, yes. I’ve already embarked (I hope someday saving in the embark screen will be possible), so I can’t really change skills much, but I could use DFHack to adjust a few things while keeping the overall level the same. I’ll post more about the dwarves and their skills in a few days.

BlueKanary: excellent reference in your username, by the way. I welcome RP and character action requests. It should be simple to set up an alert schedule like you describe.
Sigtext!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Could I please claim Kosoth? Name her "Nix".

If I were able to make a request as to what type of warrior, can she be unarmed? No weapon, just whatever decent armour you have.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile

Oh. I saw this a while back and I misunderstood 'Community Fortress' with Succession Fortress.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:48 am »

Embarkation Form: Personnel
Name | Primary Skill | Secondary Skills
Kosoth "Nix" Avédzaneg | Miner | Tanner, Clothier, Miller, Thresher, Leatherworker
Kivish Ìtdùnkadôl | Carpenter | Woodcutter, Architect, Bowyer
Ònul "Justin" Edëmkidet | Mason | Furnace Operator, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith
Sigun Ledkìrar | Crafter | Gemworker, Glassmaker, Potter
Meng "BlueKanary" Atheltoral | Grower | Cook, Herbalist, Butcher, Brewer
Ïteb Likotgikut | Mechanic | Wood Burner, Weaver, Doctor
Zuntîr Thîkutsoloz | Expedition Leader | Record Keeper, Organizer, Appraiser

Signature: Zuntîr Thîkutsoloz
Date: 12th Opal 124

Personnel Details
This form is for details on each member of the expedition - physical, psychological, etc.

Kosoth "Nix" Avédzaneg

Sex: Female
Birthdate: 2nd Sandstone 72
Spoiler: Physical Features (click to show/hide)
Physical: Incredibly tough.
Psychological: Patient, musical, intuitive, strong-willed. Not introspective. Dreams of raising a family.
Spoiler: Psychological Details (click to show/hide)
Religion: faithful worshipper of Ustuth (god of fortresses)

Kivish Ìtdùnkadôl

Birthdate: 1st Limestone, 53
Physical: Slow to tire, weak.
Psychological: Amazing spatial sense, iron will, fairly good cognitive empathy, focuses well. Meager kinesthetic sense, poor analytical abilities. Doesn't value loyalty or power. Dreams of raising a family.
Religion: worshipper of Ralavuz the Silvery Mines (goddess of caverns and mountains)

Ònul "Justin" Edëmkidet

Sex: Male
Birthdate: 25th Timber, 64
Physical: Very strong, quick to heal, clumsy.
Psychological: Great kinesthetic sense, analytical abilities, empathy, feel for social relationships, and way with words. Questionable spatial sense. Values loyalty, hard work, and artwork. Dreams of raising a family.
Religion: worshipper of Doren Sosadber (god of trade, wealth, jewels, and earth)

Sigun Ledkìrar

Sex: Male
Birthdate: 28th Slate, 37
Physical: Slow to tire, flimsy, clumsy.
Psychological: Very good focus. Impatient, little linguistic ability, very bad empathy or ability for social relationships. Introspective, doesn't respect the law or working hard. Dreams of crafting a masterwork.
Religion: casual worshipper of Ralavuz the Silvery Mines (goddess of caverns and mountains)

Meng "BlueKanary" Atheltoral

Birthdate: 7th Felsite, 62
Physical: Very weak.
Psychological: Great intuition and empathy. Iffy memory, poor analytical abilities, poor creativity. Doesn't value competition, perseverance, or tradition. Dreams of creating a masterwork.
Religion: worshipper of Guthstak Bunsothinrus the God-forsaken Poison (god of dreams, nightmares, the night, and darkness)

Ïteb Likotgikut

Birthdate: 5th Limestone, 44
Physical: Very slow to tire, very weak.
Psychological: Great musical sense. Iffy memory, meager creativity. Doesn't value commerce or family. Dreams of mastering a skill.
Religion: worshipper of Ûd (goddess of strength)

Zuntîr Thîkutsoloz

Birthdate: 13th Obsidian, 50
Physical: Quick to tire.
Psychological: Great ability to focus and willpower. Poor analytical and musical abilities. Impatient. Repelled by honesty, values artwork. Dreams of crafting a masterwork.
Religion: dubious worshipper of Guthstak Bunsothinrus the God-forsaken Poison (god of dreams, nightmares, the night, and darkness)

Expedition Leader's Notes

Nix and Kanary both want to learn how to brawl. I expected that from Kanary, but Nix? She doesn't like excitement. I'm sure she'll do well, though, with her toughness and patience.

Justin is loyal and hardworking. He'll be essential for the next few years - he can provide us with stone blocks for the fortifications, metal armor and weaponry, and more.

Kanary says she'd also like to learn a craft. That could be an issue - for most crafts, she'd probably want to learn under Sigun, but he's unlikely to be willing to do that. Maybe Nix could show her how to work with leather. Or she could try to figure out glazing on her own - nobody else knows that, and it will be necessary if we're going to use clay pots to hold drinks.

Expedition Prospects

Soil: Both sand and clay are present.
Flux: Shallow marble layers have been found.
Metal: Nickel, lead, gold, silver, tin, copper, and iron are all expected at various depths (roughly in order of abundance).
Gems: Many gems expected. Rock crystal is notable, but other gems found nearby include red spinel, milk opal, green zircon, and citrine.
Coal: Bituminous coal is not expected, but lignite should be plentiful at shallow depths.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 06:10:37 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Sigtext!

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile

So I'm the farmer. I can work with that.

Kanary's Journal

26th Moonstone 124

I am so excited! Zuntir asked me if I wanted to join her on a journey to found Libashabod with myself as the Lead Farmer! I think it would be a good thing to leave this boring old fortress.
Zuntir told me that I have a very important job and would have to grow and gather food for the whole fortress, then cook or brew it into tasty meals. (I may have lied about being a good chef, but hopefully they won't mind my +Rat Brain Meatloaf+)
I better start packing.

11th Opal 124

Zuntir gathered us all together to discuss the expedition. First she told us to fill out a form with various questions about ourselves. Then we all just got to know each other better.

Nix and I got along really well. We talked about wrestling and other things.
I heard that Sigun was a great craftsdwarf so I wanted to talk to him about becoming his apprentice, but he was pretty grumpy about it and said no. It's probably for the best right now, I have lots of work to do anyways.

2nd Obsidian 124

We have been told to stay in sunlight for as long as possible everyday before we leave. I'm gagging at the thought. I understand that we cannot avoid the sun on the journey, but I just hope we can all go underground as soon as we can.

1st Granite 125

We are finally leaving to found Axestrike! After puking up from sun sickness for the past month, a new page will be written in history.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:32:48 am by BlueKanary »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Libashabod (Axestrike), a tale of hardship and war [Starting up]
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 10:38:40 am »

Spoiler: nitpick (click to show/hide)

Expedition Mission

To be filled out by the initiator of the expedition and filed in the Office of Records, with a copy given to the expedition leader.

Mandated: Yes
(If so, by whom: King Besmar)
Purpose: Military
(Details: to establish a dwarven stronghold capable of both defending against enemies of the Sensitive Girder and projecting force against said enemies.)

Migrant Details
The initial expedition consists of civilians who have volunteered to begin constructing the fortress.

The later migrants will be officially sent on the King's orders:
  • Skilled civilian dwarves (primarily miners, doctors, smiths, masons, and engineers)
  • Skilled military dwarves to head the military
  • Conscripts for basic labors (hauling, farming, furnace operating, and combat training)
Sigtext!

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
Re: Libashabod (Axestrike), a tale of hardship and war [Starting up]
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 03:41:33 pm »

Makes sense  ;)
Pages: [1] 2