Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on manager work orders  (Read 1278 times)

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question on manager work orders
« on: October 03, 2018, 05:01:13 pm »

Hey guys I have a question on managers work orders... I am starting with a manager right off the bat as I understand a for with less then 20 dwarfs he does not need an office. Is this correct?

Secondly, when i create an WO without him having an office I don't see and red or green check marks next to order. Is this because he doesn't have an office?

Last but not least I just started a fort and it shows I have 50 drinks? Mind you I do not yet have a bookkeeper. So I create a work order with a condition that states: Create 5 drinks from plants if less then 100. but to the right it says in red not satisfied for next check. I have it set to check daily and it says I only have 50 drinks so i don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help... Does it have to do with barrels or not enough plants?

P.S. I also don't see a validated green check mark next to the orders that I made using J M. I thought the orders were supposed to have a red or green validation check mark?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:38:47 pm by Antmf »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question on manager work orders
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:37:44 pm »

I only have 13 dwarves in my fort (dead civ). I can verify that the manager works without an office for that many. I don't have the check marks either.

As for what's wrong with your order I can't be sure without seeing it exactly. What did you mark to be less than 75? Do you have any other conditions, such as for inputs (plants & barrels)? But one thing stands out already: sounds like the work order is to perform the brewing operation fifty times; manager orders don't really care about the number of end products until they check whether they should repeat. You wouldn't need to brew again for quite a while!

Do you have DFHack? I use the extended stocks screen to check exact inventories in the absence of a functioning bookkeeper. It's tricky for something like this because it doesn't sort by categories that I've noticed, but if you just started you can search the names of booze you embarked with and add those up.

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:00:57 pm »

There are no other conditions... I have it set to brew 5 times if less then 100 and I only have 50 drinks now.

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 06:26:44 pm »

Figured out the drink thing lol but how does one do wooden chest? I cant find Item type for wooden chest...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 06:48:59 pm »

Figured out the drink thing lol but how does one do wooden chest? I cant find Item type for wooden chest...
"Boxes and bags"?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 07:27:14 pm »

Wood chests also need "trait =  plant". I also set "trait = empty" but am not certain that matters.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 08:52:19 pm »

Plant trait is also going to get hemp bags. Well, empty hemp bags function just as well as chests in rooms so it is fine, but if you don't want to count those there's the hard trait, I think.