Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turns out it was the Humans that were the problem.....  (Read 1360 times)

Blackchibisan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turns out it was the Humans that were the problem.....
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:13:30 am »

So, I started a world with the lowest amount of history, most resources and the like, so I could watch the history of the dwarves unfold before me and on my very first fort in this world, the dwarves seemed to have the continent all to themselves before these odd pointy eared frail beings appeared on the south end of the dwarven continent. After a measure of debate it was decided to wipe the filth off of the rightful dwarven land. And they(mostly) succeeded. As time went on, a later branch of the same civilization joined the Continent the mountainhome was on, this one a true fortress of war, full of axe and hammer lords as they honed their skills. Seeking to show the world their superiority, they went to various civilizations and pressed them into giving them tribute at at first, the goblins complied even though their leaders did not. Some time later into that fortress' life, the goblins made their move and futilely attempted to slay The Vault of Battles. Drawing the dwarven ire they were beaten back and it became clear that goblins were a true menace as their demon lords were unlike any foe these warriors could face. After that fort, I decided to introduce the world to the first Dwarven Library, and after that had it's own hiccups but overall went fine, I decided that if these dwarves were introducing these stories to the world, I should look into the legends myself... and that was when I found out my war with the Elves... it was entirely misguided.

You see, every demon lord of my realm was summoned by Human gods. Every single one of them. So it turns that the Elves are simply the limp wristed representatives of the trees we use to feed our furnaces, a potential symbiotic ally, but the humans.... The humans were traitors to the realm. It was their fault that these monsters came to this world and they are the problem. They worship the beings that brought these fiends into the world. So, first the goblins are to be wiped out... and then the humans....

This is the over simplified story of all the events that have unfolded in the last in-game 17 years of the realm because it is still early in the morning and I am trying to get ready to go somewhere, but I felt like this needed to be shared.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Turns out it was the Humans that were the problem.....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:54:08 pm »

You see, every demon lord of my realm was summoned by Human gods. Every single one of them.
I never trusted them seedy long-legged buggers.

So, first the goblins are to be wiped out... and then the humans....
Blimey! Well, one bad apple spoils the bunch.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username