Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best 3d real-time melee combat?  (Read 3796 times)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Best 3d real-time melee combat?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »

Gorn is beautiful in its ability to be fluid and engrossing. It's a VR game, so all the combat is reliant on you. It can be the most fun, or the most boring, hand-to-hand combat simulator you've ever played.

Out of VR, the new Spiderman game feels amazing to play with. Beating the crap out of mooks is sooooooo good.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 12:28:21 pm »

i should also throw in the yakuza series; the combat in that is just over the top fun. and theres alot of side stuff to do but nothings quite as fun as smashing a gangsters head into a parked car.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 09:18:22 am »

I would surprisingly also put Dynasty Warriors 3+Extreme Legends up here.

Certainly not for the "best", but it was a very satisfying game. Archers were lethal as F*ck, draw distance was 20' ahead of you, you basically infinite juggled commanders into having a vague chance of popping out a random weapon drop that was better than the 5* weapon, you destroyed every mook with the press of a musou button, but somehow it was fun. It felt fast and fluid.

It was horrible in so many ways, but it was good as a co-op split-screen game. Also incidentally where I got my internet handle from, playing it way too much with a mate while getting drunk. Sambojin! Raaaarrrrggghhh!

(I don't know how drunk we were, but crank up the difficulty to max, and damn those archers could slaughter you on the hardest missions. It was just a "kill them first" thing, but you really did have to do that quickly. Or off-screen, outside of draw distance pew-pew would stun-lock juggle-damage the hell out of you)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:28:25 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2018, 07:18:32 am »

Jedi Outcast and M&B: Warband for multiplayer.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 01:09:02 pm »

Hammerfight!
Seconded! Except it's not 3D. :(

Aka "The history of Hammerfight", previously known as "Hammerfall", in my opinion it's got more satisfying melee combat than any games featuring actual melee combat. Either dual-wielding locked swords against a horde of exploding wasps and horrors, or swinging a rock on a chain and smacking the other guy across the arena and halfway into a brick wall, that game's combat is tremendously enjoyable. :)

But, as mentioned, not 3D, unfortunately. I don't know if a game like that would ever work in 3D at all...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 08:18:33 pm »

Guild Wars 2, personally fave. Dragon Nest, Black Desert and Blade&Soul are good too.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username
Pages: 1 2 [3]