Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [47.05]  (Read 58992 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress(Temporarily broken, working on a fix)[44.12]
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2020, 11:35:37 am »

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind when I update to the next version. Right now though, I'm trying to track down a 44.12 crash bug. It's really difficult to find, the only clue I've got is that it probably relates to one of the animals. I get crashes on worlds with vanilla civs and the animals+droids, but the crashes happen on "finalizing sites". No errorlog, so it's particularly difficult to find. The crashes are also sporadic. I found a broken caste in the Settler, Pirate, and Rebel megacreatures, but it doesn't seem to have been the main cause of the issue. I'm also not sure how long it's been there, since I haven't played much lately and I prefer Smaller worlds with short history for personal use.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 11:40:01 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2020, 01:18:21 pm »

Hmm. Previous versions worked fine, so it must be alterations made in the most recent update, I would think.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2020, 01:19:29 pm »

I'd think that, but every lead I've had has come up empty so far.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2020, 01:23:31 pm »

Are you able to replicate the crash? If there's nothing in errorlog for you, maybe it's an error in the way it was applied to the local DF version?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2020, 01:29:35 pm »

The crash happens whenever I generate a world, usually when it's on medium or larger, upon finalizing sites. It could be an error with the installation, but I've had difficulties with a reinstalled version too, and Cesarjunior had the same problem on his end. The fact that it's associated with finalizing sites makes me think the sentients might be responsible, but the crash still happens sometimes in versions without them. Oddly, a verison without the civs and a few other things, but with the uncivilized creatures, works if the creatures from the Solo movie are removed, but the full version of the mod -Solo still crashes.

*Looking back in my log, I see a bit about large worlds crashing before, but the computer I was using at the time would crash even a vanilla game on the same settings.

**Also, this bug usually crashes even small worlds, so this is probably new.

***Hey, I wonder if this is related to the adjusted body parts. I recently renamed all the custom body parts so that the mod would combine with others more easily. I'll check there, that seems like something that could cause crashes.

****Alright, here's a few leads. I found a pre-update version of the mod in my recycle bin, and I may have tracked the crash to the droid file.

*****Ugh. Pre-update version crashed too, and so did versions without the droids.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:06:16 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2020, 05:02:08 pm »

Large worlds are having trouble, they say.
Does a 70 years long "smaller region" always work fine or does it crash on embark-pressing?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress(No longer broken.)[44.12]
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2020, 05:25:23 pm »

Like I said, this crash is happening in the 44.12 version. I need to fix that before I can even begin working on the new one. I haven't messed with embark yet, this bug causes crashes in worldgen.

*So far, it looks like some combination of creatures and/or entities is causing the problem.

**Alright, after a lot of searching, I dug out the cause of the crashes. There were typos in the caste names for ginmid and shungbeek. Those have been fixed. Also, I suspect that the Grievous cyborgs were causing crashes, so they have been removed as well. Finally, although I don't know if they were involved, I suspect the brain monk droids may have been capable of crashing the game. To prevent that, I've disabled their ability to make new converts.

I've released a quick update to fix the crashes. The mod should work now, and soon I can start on updating the mod to the new version.

Please let me know if you encounter any more crashes.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:45:32 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [44.12]
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2020, 04:45:59 pm »

Hooray!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [47.02, 44.12]
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2020, 06:52:57 pm »

I've updated to 47.02.

Jedi and Sith now have an improved Force push, but it only works on beings incapable of resisting it. (Meaning other Jedi and Sith, along with the Yuuzhan Vong.) Didn't add Force Heal because of all the difficult bugs in the new version.

Other minor changes have been added or required in updating to the new version.

Finally, like the header to the OP says, the mod is currently effected by whatever issue is causing mods with a lot of entity additions to crash on worldgen. I've done what I can to stabilize the mod, but it still often crashes when attempting to generate a world of Medium or Large size in my testing. I'll look at that issue again if the upcoming bugfix updates don't fix it for me.
My mods and forum games.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2020, 05:36:05 am »

PTW
a qustion on lightsaber combat:
did you find a way to make them cutthrough nearly everything and causterize wounds while doing so ?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2020, 10:21:54 am »

They're significantly better than vanilla longswords, but I haven't worked with materials and reactions enough to make them really unstoppable. That said, not much can stop a "steel hilt" lightsaber, and stabs are particularly effective at piercing armor. I could probably improve them now, but I don't really want to make significant changes until Dwarf Fortress is more stable.

I haven't tried to make them cauterize wounds, because that would be a massive weakness in Dwarf Fortress's combat system. Most notably, it would make getting a lightsaber through the heart nearly harmless.

*Released a very small update to fix the behavior of fort-bred wampas and temptors.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 03:32:33 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]