Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DOOMguys, 4/4 Players still alive! Apply to waitlist today!  (Read 2454 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
DOOMguys, 4/4 Players still alive! Apply to waitlist today!
« on: October 07, 2018, 04:40:10 am »

IC thread for Players of Sortie 1 is here!

At 0030 hours, USMC Research Facility "Dante" on Mars' moon, Phobos, notified USMCID of anomalous gravimetric readings.

At 0035 hours, USMEC Research Facility "Dante" has stopped responding to the incoming communications.

At 0120 hours, the main military complex "Abaddon" on Mars itself, has stopped responding to our communications as well.

At 0155 hours, the Commscenter, located 35 miles southeast from Abaddon, has sent a distrect call, mentioning 'beastly demons', 'things from beyond' and 'death and destruction'.

At 0156 hours, the Commscenter itself also went silent.

All contact with USMC facilities on Mars has thus been lost. No human-made signal has been received since then by USMC Intelligence Directorate.

You and your squadmates are thus being sent on Priority Red mission. Your Drop-Pod will arrive there at 0600 hours today.

You are to inflitrate Commscenter, survey the situation, locate and rescue any survivors, recover research data, and eradicate whatever 'demons' that might be roaming the Commscenter.

Success of your mission will dictate whether USMC is able to counter the unknown threat and begin recovery operations for Abaddon and Phobos.

Good luck.

WHAT IS THIS GAME:

Basically a DOOM(RL)-like forum squad game.
You go in, murder few/some/many/legions of demons, and succeed in defeating the ~GREAT EVIL~ at the bottom of Commscenter.
At least, that's the plan!

WHO ARE PLAYERS:

Name (username):
Max Health: 100
Starting Perk: You get 1 BASIC perk.
Equipment (15 slots max): 1 Weapon of choice (not UNCOMMON/RARE), 1 Small Medkit, 3 Weapons/Items that are not in UNCOMMON/RARE category (Every Weapon chosen comes will Ammo fully loaded)
Relations: Family members, marines you like, other beloved ones. People you look up to meeting again once you return from Commscenter.
Backstory: How did you get to USMCID (United Space Marine Corps Intelligence Directorate), or at least, how did you get yourself into this highly suicidal slightly unusual, Priority Red mission.

GAME PROGRESS:

Players arrive at Commscenter and traverse Rooms.
Inside Rooms, there can (and most probably, will) be enemies, or lootboxes, or other things worthy of note.
Goal of each Chapter is to find the Elevator room, and descend to another level of Commscenter, all the way to Level 13.
At the end of each Chapter, every Player still alive can choose 1 additional Perk from Perk list.

COMBAT AND TURNS:

Each Combat starts with Players declaring their Actions.
Then they're resolved, and the Enemies perform their Actions.
Players always start first, unless specified by Room's gimmick and/or Enemy skill (both equally rare).

An Action can be:

Attacking an Enemy with Weapon
Scanning (something) with Handscanner
Reloading currently equipped Weapon
Switch currently equipped Weapon
Use an Item on self/ally
Interact with Door/Terminal/Lockbox
Equip/Take off an Armor (are you crazy or what?)

HIT, EVASION, DAMAGE:

Attack Formula: Base 80 + Hit bonuses from Perks/Weapons - Enemy Evasion
Damage Formula: Weapon Damage + Bonuses from Perks + other Bonuses - Enemy Armor

WEAPON ALTS:

Alts are Alternative Attacks. They provide a different method of using the Weapon.
You must specify that you're using a weapon's Alt; otherwise, a normal attack is used.

ARMOR AND DAMAGE REDUCTION:

Each Armor reduces Damage by certain amount - the Damage reduced instead lower the Armor's Durability.
Armor can be repaired with Armor Shards as long as it has at least 1 Durability left.
When Armor's Durability falls to 0 or below, it is irreversibly destroyed and cannot be repaired.

---

This is in no way a complete rules file. New things will probably get added as we play.

Spoiler: ITEMS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PERKS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WEAPONS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ENEMIES (click to show/hide)

1st Sortie:
1. Derran (Doomblade187) Still alive!
2. Kyle Johnson (kj1225) Still alive!
3. Keith Robertson (King Zultan) Still alive!
4. Alfred Saleworth (Khan Boyzitbig) Still alive!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:39:21 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: DOOMguys, 0/4 Players
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:54:06 am »

Name (username): Derran (Doomblade187)
Starting Perk: Steelskin
Equipment (15 slots max): 1 Shotgun, 1 Small Medkit, Shotgun Ammo, Handscanner, Greensman Armor
Relations: There are 3 marines Derran thought were "alright". The guy with the Australian hat, the lady with the chaingun, and the engineet who hated explosives. He hopes they're okay.
Backstory: Derran knows exactly how hee got to where he is now; the USMCID aptitude battery, passed with an especially high score in combat, and got shunted to troubleshooting instead of signal analysis. It's fun though.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:09:31 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 05:13:32 am »

Name (username): Kyle Johnson (KJ1225)
Starting Perk: Son of a Marine
Equipment (15 slots max): 1 Machinegun, 2 Small Medkit, 2 Machinegun cartridges
Relations: A Father (deceased) who was a marine before Kyle, a mother who is still is alive and a marine. Other Kyle, who Kyle is filling in for and now owes him twenty bucks and a beer.
Backstory: Kyle's family has been marines since the revolutionary war, so he of course became a marine as well. He showed an appreciable talent for intelligence a rarity among marines. and was recruited into the Intelligence as a heavy gunner support.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 07:55:58 am »

Doomblade you having double shotgun is oversight.

Pls fix ;v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 08:09:27 am »

Name (username): Keith Robertson (King Zultan)
Starting Perk: Technical
Equipment (15 slots max): Machinegun, 1 Small Medkit, Pistol, Machinegun cartridges, Greensmen Armor
Relations: There's my friend Jimmy, and that random cat I call Bob, and that hobo I talk to some times.
Backstory: He's not really sure why he got this mission, the only reason he joined the USMCID is because he needed money.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 08:41:19 am »

Name (username): Alfred Saleworth (Khan Boyzitbig)
Starting Perk: Trigger-happy.
Equipment (15 slots max): 1 Machinegun, 1 Small Medkit, Greensmen Armor, 2 Machinegun Cartridges
Relations: A large cat called Boris and my friend Tom who lost an arm to Boris when he stroked his fur the wrong way.
Backstory: Was transferred from USMC logistics after napalming a warehouse trying to kill a rat.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 08:55:33 am »

Basically a DOOM(RL)-like forum squad game.
DOOMRL!? I'VE SPENT A TON ON THAT ROGUELIKE AND WON. IT IS WONDERFUL.

Name (username):  Talarys Cortana (Tiruin)
Starting Perk: Son of a Gun
Equipment (15 slots max): 1 Pistol (6/6), 1 Small Medkit, 1 Pistol (6/6), Handscanner, Greensmen Armor
Relations: Generally everyone within high command who regarded her as useful, and her girlfriend, who was coincidentally the engineer who took care of her equipment (and the rest of the platoon).
Backstory: Tala got into the USMCID (United Space Marine Corps Intelligence Directorate) through skills and aptitude analysis patterns being consistent through her time of duty, from her recruiting to basic training in the medical field (Psychological Unit). She decided to sign up for this type of mission due to how dangerous she knew it would be for others, and mostly because of some kind of conspiracy within high command and some prejudices towards her, perhaps.

SAY, unlike in DOOMRL, can we use medikits on others? Because if we can, please shift my starting perk to Technical? SO I can heal others better? :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:39:43 pm by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 11:11:25 am »

I'm very interested, so I'm going to make a sheet despite that there are already 4 players.

WIP, will edit and complete it later when I think of a character.

Name (username):
Max Health: 110
Starting Perk: Ironman
Equipment (15 slots max): 1 Shotgun (1/1), 1 Small Medkit, 1 Greensmen Armors, 1 Handscanner, 1 Shotgun Shellbox (20/20)
Relations:
Backstory:
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 12:09:57 pm »

Fixed my sheet, haspen.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 12:34:51 pm »

I'm very interested, so I'm going to make a sheet despite that there are already 4 players.

I'm always of the impression that Haspen is fair and doesn't do first come first serve :P So SHOVE ALL THE SHEETS \o/
We'll hopefully get dropship allies for added fun.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 02:21:44 pm »

Fixed my sheet, haspen.

Great! We start tomorrow with you, kj, Zultan and Khan as the squad!
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 02:46:50 pm »

Name (username): Bill Sykes ( Kashyyk)
Starting Perk: Triggerhappy
Equipment (15 slots max): 1 Machinegun, 1 Small Medkit, 1 Greensman Armour, 2 Machinegun Cartridges
Relations: His wife, Sandra, and two adult daughters, Macey and Evie. Evie has recently gotten engaged.
Backstory: Bill spent the majority of his adult life in the United Peace Force, he transferred to the marines for the pay rise, to help put his daughters through school. He's due to retire from active service in three weeks.

Edit: Darn. I was hoping I'd still have a chance. Ah well.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:49:01 am by Kashyyk »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 04:25:26 pm »

Fixed my sheet, haspen.

Great! We start tomorrow with you, kj, Zultan and Khan as the squad!

Guess it really was first come first serve after all... Don't know if I should finish the sheet and hope three other players die or just give up.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 11:59:08 am »

Sheets has been put on pastebin. Doomblade187, kj1225, King Zultan and Khan Boyzitbig can go check for mistakes ;v

All othes are waitlisted for now.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2