Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still possible to get truly dead civs?  (Read 754 times)

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Still possible to get truly dead civs?
« on: October 14, 2018, 04:36:22 pm »

Has anyone played a game on 44.xx where they got ONLY the first two waves of migrants?

Despite my best efforts to embark with a 100% dead civ, I've consistently been getting caravans and 3+ migrant waves. I know it's long been possible for a civ to be "dying" for a thousand years, but I can't seem to generate anything else now. Has something about this changed?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Still possible to get truly dead civs?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 04:51:33 pm »

PatrikLundell got one. Then discovered that sadly dead civs can't raid, so the largest features of .44 series will be missing for dead civs.

Try to limit the number of dwarven civs to 1, for starters.

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:22:34 pm »

...Can't raid? That does sort of take the fun out of it. I've been considering trying to mod out Dwarven caravans and just zeroing my pop cap after the first two waves. Maybe that's worth a try.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 06:11:23 am »

Yes. Getting dead civs is bugged, and, as Fleeting Frames mentioned, FUBARed in my view due to the raid bug.

I've got some scripts to help with getting dead civs (one to push them over the brink during world gen, and one to bring forth dead ones so they appear on the embark civ list), but after discovering the raid bug I'm playing low pop dwarven civs (and I've been successful with the latest one, where I haven't been saddled by a monarch mandate spewer [yet]).
I get the caravan, and I've put the pop cap higher than two waves for a change of pace.
I suspect dead civs don't get hillocks spawned either, so there's nowhere to send those dorfs that stress themselves into the ground no matter what you do (you can still exile them, and as void dorfs don't have family, that bug doesn't apply).