Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]

Author Topic: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18  (Read 379304 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taffer's Tilesets v6.6.0 for v0.47.04, 9x9 or 18x18
« Reply #735 on: July 03, 2021, 08:45:33 am »

I'm going to be honest and say I've pretty happily retired from Dwarf Fortress. I haven't really thought about it for months, and I haven't been following official development news. As I type this I don't even know if the Steam release happened or if a new version released.

I won't promise to create a new set as mocked up above, but realistically I'm at least more likely to update my tilesets for the big release than Revised. 

ror6ax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 02, 2021, 04:30:45 am »

I for one would be very excited to see your tileset mod for Steam version. Minimalism seems to be a requirement to enjoy DF for me.
Proficient at setting myself on fire in Adventure mode.

Benevolent_Jesus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 23, 2021, 02:12:54 am »

Taffer, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but I love your tilesets. They're my absolute favourite. Since you've retired I've taken your tileset and kitbashed it for my own use to learn how things work.
But I've hit a wall. I wanted to make the tileset TWBT compatible, nbut failed. I also wanted to know how did you make your ramps so sexy on that one screenshot from two pages prior.
As I was saying, not sure if you'll ever read it, but thank you for your work for us.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 24, 2021, 02:56:15 pm »

To be clear,  the ramps are not actual in-game image - such isn't possible until Steam DF release.

Not sure what you mean by TWBT compatible, either. Editing the art used in punctuation and words?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 25, 2021, 08:28:09 pm »

Taffer, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but I love your tilesets. They're my absolute favourite. Since you've retired I've taken your tileset and kitbashed it for my own use to learn how things work.
But I've hit a wall. I wanted to make the tileset TWBT compatible, nbut failed. I also wanted to know how did you make your ramps so sexy on that one screenshot from two pages prior.
As I was saying, not sure if you'll ever read it, but thank you for your work for us.

It was a mock-up, unfortunately. Iíve never been interested in using TWBT. Not because I donít like itís features, but because I donít like relying on memory-editing third party utilities.

I havenít been following development, but I was creating mock-ups because whatever new system Iíd need to ďportĒ my graphics to and work in, Iím confident Iíll have way more trouble drawing than ďcodingĒ. By that logic I never needed to wait for the big steam release to start development, I figured Iíd get some of the design work done early.

As far as graphics for the current version go, whatís in the OP is the best I got.

EDIT: I feel like I started rambling and got cranky as I wrote this. I didnít want to delete it though as it might help explain why I left, lol. Iíll just hide the complaining in a spoiler tag instead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 08:36:41 pm by Taffer »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]