Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy  (Read 22875 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Kerbal Wizard Acadamy
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:53:58 pm »

Welcome, Mr/Ms Kerman,
Your adventure in the exciting and mysterious field of Magical Experiments begins today!
Please fill out your standard application sheet below, and gather your three items, then make your way to the Induction Ceremony!
(induction Ceremony to be held in the Spell Testing Crater)

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: spells discovered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: skill/spell trees (click to show/hide)

Current missions available from Mission Control:

construct a spell out of two or more elements and successfully activate the spell [5 rp]
use a spell on your familiar without killing it [5rp]
collect building materials to help rebuild the dorms [1-5 rp depending on amount and type of building material]
locate the alchemy lab!
gather 'research' from casting a spell!
gain a spellbook to store your spells and research in!
Locate two Moons for Kerbin Kerman, the planetary Kerbal!
Clean Scrying Pool
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:09:08 am by Ozarck »
Re: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 06:59:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:08:11 pm »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 08:16:41 pm »

Dear Mum,
Don't worry I'll be safe. This is just in case. If you are seeing this, I lied.

Beckerman
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:45:55 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 08:20:15 pm »

Letter to next of kin: "Dear uncle,

I've been accepted into the Kerbal wizarding acedemy! Just like my father and three siblings before me, I'm sure I'll make the entirety of Kerbal proud. Though I'll be different from them, I suppose. Since I'm going into wizarding rather than science. And since I'm not going to have a tragic, fatal accident on my first day (hopefully, finger's crossed).

Anyway, I'm supposed to go to some place called the spell casting crater. What an exciting name!

I'll write to you soon.

Your nephew,

Billy-Bob Kerman."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 06:15:24 am »

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 08:23:46 am »

Dear person who reads this,
I'm dead and you don't get anything.

Sincerely,

Jimmy-Joe-Jackson Kerman
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:40:43 am »

To my next of kin:
You get a rock. Sorry for dying.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 09:14:11 am »

To Next of Kin: It was a life like a match. Bright and surprisingly heated.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 10:58:55 am »

Check bottom of the post for events and missions.

I'm editing the character sheet to include research points available, and spell materials unlocked. Research points will be spent on unlocking inventory items and spell components and stuff.

also, go ahead and delete out the unchosen items from your inventories so I don't have to think so much.

1 research point earned

wizard robe unlocked (you naughty shemale you). This consumes your research point. You idly play with your 'wand' while waiting for the ceremony.

Dear Mum,
Don't worry I'll be safe. This is just in case. If you are seeing this, I lied.

Beckerman
One research point earned. One notification to next of kin carefully stuffed into a sack.

Letter to next of kin: "Dear uncle,

I've been accepted into the Kerbal wizarding acedemy! Just like my father and three siblings before me, I'm sure I'll make the entirety of Kerbal proud. Though I'll be different from them, I suppose. Since I'm going into wizarding rather than science. And since I'm not going to have a tragic, fatal accident on my first day (hopefully, finger's crossed).

Anyway, I'm supposed to go to some place called the spell casting crater. What an exciting name!

I'll write to you soon.

Your nephew,

Billy-Bob Kerman."

1 research point granted. One notice to next of kin used as a tissue, then stuffed into a sack.

1 research point earned.

Dear person who reads this,
I'm dead and you don't get anything.

Sincerely,

Jimmy-Joe-Jackson Kerman
1 research point earned. one notice to next of kin, dropped on the floor, stepped on, then stuffed into a bulging sack.

To my next of kin:
You get a rock. Sorry for dying.
One research point earned. One notice to death of kin taken, looked at, edited (they cross out the 'rock' part and write in 'condolence letter.' instead. Apparently Kerbal Wizard Acadamy doesn't like to let their students' utility items fall into the hands of mere civilians.)

To Next of Kin: It was a life like a match. Bright and surprisingly heated.
1 research point earned. One notice to next of kin eyed suspiciously and muttered at. Apparently clever poetry is ana larming indicator for the wizards at large.

The Induction Ceremony is bright, loud, and filled with explosions. Well, with cardboard cutouts of explosions, anyway. Kerbal Wizard Acadamy learned their lesson the last time they entrusted the Ceremony Committee students with explosives. Learned their lesson temporarily, anyway.

After the Ceremony and snacks, you are given your assigned dormitory rooms, maps of the Acadamy - some of the m even match each other), and a new set of missions available. you may have up to 2 missions active at a time.

Missions:
1) Aquisitions: you are to go out and scaveng- I mean 'requisition' further Wizarding supplies. State a specific item you wish to loot - I mean, obtain, and a specific location from which to attempt to gain said item. THe bolder your attempt, the less likely you'll get your item, and the more tragic (that is, the more hilarious) your failure. you will earn research points betweeen 1 and 5 for success.

2) Make a spell! You'll probably need to unlock a Spell Material (air, water, earth, and fire are the first unlockable materials). 1 research point for the first, 2 for the second 3 for the third and 4 for the fourth, for a total of 10 research points to unlock all four. Research points earned will be between 2 and 7.

3) Find Jebediah Kerman (the Astronaut, not the test subj- I mean student at the Wizard Acadamy). Jeb is nowhere to be found, which is troubling, as the countdown to launch has been initiated! Mission Control estimates a 2% increase in the chance of sudden rapid energetic decompression (from 98% to 100%) if Jeb is not stuffed into the command pod as ballast before the first stage fires. Find him fast! You'll need to specify a location that you look for Jeb. Research poiunts on success will be 3. You may also be rewarded with an additional item or spell component or painful death.

4) File these Notices to Next of Kin. Theses sacks are heavy. Carry these to a proper storage recepticle, sort, and file them according to a very careful Kerbal Sorting and Filing system. 1 research point awarded.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 11:09:14 am »

Sneak Go to Scrying pool, and siphon requisition a gallon of water magic scrying pool thing
Spoiler: Neil (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 11:47:03 am »

Search for a magic marker and tape

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:54:47 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 11:52:14 am »

Look for the astronaut guy in the solitary confinement
University Saferooms

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 11:52:15 am »

Requsition Jebediah Kerman by running thoughout the halls screaming his name, kidnapping whoever responds to the name (because obviously that means its them) and stuffing them into the rocket before sprinting away and proclaiming my victory to the heavens!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 12:27:16 pm »

search for Jebediah Kerman (the austronaut) in the bathrooms
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 07:21:49 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10