Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy  (Read 22891 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2018, 03:26:37 pm »

Create a spell to roll a friendly looking scholar into orbit, propelled by water and fire in a jet of steam. For science!

((I am trying to create a jet of steam that pushes things.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2018, 05:23:07 pm »

Of course! Retse was overcame by the revelation. HE WOULD BE HIS OWN FAMILIAR! After all, who better knew a Kerman that the Kerman himself? Who would always have a Kerman's back? The Kerman said back belonged to! He trusted himself far more than any other sentient being, so why bother making that trust? Besides, his family was no stranger to being their own something - His father was his own grandpa, and his mother was the woman from Predestination, but she had twins! Thus, he set about his magical ways...
Do some kind of magical Mumbo-Jumbo to bind himself to his own will, becoming Wizard and Familiar in one being.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2018, 08:10:18 pm »

Gather a handful of rainbow vomit and stuff it in the pocket of my robe. Deliver this sample to the fine folks at KWALoDE*, and ask if they have any jobs available.

((*Kerbal Wizard Academy Lab of Drug Experimentation))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2018, 03:13:45 pm »

YES! I HAVE THE POWER! BASK IN THE GLORY OF MY NAKED FLAME!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2018, 06:26:20 pm »

Oops. Skipped a week. sorry bout that.

Please see the bottom of the turn for additional important information.

Use a rock and the Earth element to create a sleeping spell.

The conceptual weight of the earth will slow down the target thoughts tiring people until they fall asleep and the rock is the medium trough the magic is applied so the spell doesn't activate until the spell charged rock touchs someone head.

(1) You're pretty sure Kerbals aren't supposed to leak like that. You are also pretty sure that particular Kerbal is going to be asleep for a long time. You've discovered the [coma] spell. you gain whatever research points I was offering for that mission! Quick! Finish him off with some first aid!

Go find a mop in the dormitories, then go to the scrying pool.
(5) you acquire a mop, a mop bucket, and even some rather experimental liquid soap. You are now at the scrying pool with your goods.

Lift head up out of pool and declare that I, Beckerman Krrman have found the stars and am the sun of Kerman but has yet to find the moons, then hop into the pool and start dragging the planet Kerman with me on my quest to find the moons
(6) Declaring yourself to be the sun has the expected effect. That is, you are now being chased .. err, 'orbited' by all the npc Kerbals that were in teh scrying pool area. Chased with intent to ignite. Kerbin Kerman tags along, calling out for moons and getting some rather hilariously rude responses. With that many moons in evidence, you'd think it was a festival or something.

I CAST HYDROBEAAAAAAAMMMM
(1) you choke on your own spittle. At least, you think it's your own spittle.

Create a spell to roll a friendly looking scholar into orbit, propelled by water and fire in a jet of steam. For science!

((I am trying to create a jet of steam that pushes things.))

(6) you create a jet of steam that propels you, if not into orbit, at least a good thirty feet into the air. It also scalds you quite painfully. Not quite as painfully as the landing though. You have learned [steam geyser] and [ballistic trajectory]! You need serious medical attention.

Of course! Retse was overcame by the revelation. HE WOULD BE HIS OWN FAMILIAR! After all, who better knew a Kerman that the Kerman himself? Who would always have a Kerman's back? The Kerman said back belonged to! He trusted himself far more than any other sentient being, so why bother making that trust? Besides, his family was no stranger to being their own something - His father was his own grandpa, and his mother was the woman from Predestination, but she had twins! Thus, he set about his magical ways...
Do some kind of magical Mumbo-Jumbo to bind himself to his own will, becoming Wizard and Familiar in one being.

(6) congratulations, you now have  a split personality. I call the little one Bitey, on account of he likes to bite things. You gain a Research point for your descent into madness. You have unlocked the [altered consciousness] branch of wizarding!

Gather a handful of rainbow vomit and stuff it in the pocket of my robe. Deliver this sample to the fine folks at KWALoDE*, and ask if they have any jobs available.

((*Kerbal Wizard Academy Lab of Drug Experimentation))
You stagger along ,vomiting as you go. You attempt to hand a double fistful of puke to what you assume to be the Alchemist in charge, but is in fact the lower half of a broken statue of some ancient hero Kerbal riding a rearing horse. Naturally, all that is left of the statue is the legs, tail, and droppings, perfectly carved out of something inedible. And now covered in something disgusting. You lay down next to the upper third of the same statue, the Kerbal hero's dopey eyes staring unblinkingly into your own.

YES! I HAVE THE POWER! BASK IN THE GLORY OF MY NAKED FLAME!
We all, do, little Kerbeette. You have unlocked the [showmanship] spell tree.

This is undoubtedly the single greatest forum game I have ever run. It should win awards and be featured on the cover of a Wheaties box or Corn Flakes or something.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »

SHOW OFF MY NEW TALENTS TO EVERYONE! LET THEM BE HUMBLED BY THE GLORY THAT IS ME! MY AWESOMENESS IS SO OVERWHELMING THAT THEY SHALL LIKELY LAY GIFTS AT MY FEET AND CROWN ME AS THE TRUE LEADER OF US ALL THAT I SHOULD BE!

((When you go full... whatever the hell this is... there is no doubt, there is no going back, there is only doubling down and owning it for... whatever the hell it is.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2018, 07:04:24 pm »

Spoiler: Beckerman kerman (click to show/hide)
go serch for a lamp and use it to give warmth to the planet Kerbin Kerman and declare that we have located the many moons an rocky bodies of the kerbin system. Spend a research point on discovering the light spell.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2018, 08:15:38 pm »

Get myself to the university hospital. Via the safest way possible.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2018, 08:39:02 pm »

Drag the comatose kerbal to the infirmary.
Also steal whatever it is carrying.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2018, 03:38:07 am »

Pour the experimental liquid soap into the scrying pool, then use the mop to clean the pool.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2018, 10:50:11 pm »

Hm, well, that seemed to work...
>BITEY WANNA BITE NOW
Ah! His fimiliar's first words! He spoke to himself in the chamber, trying to convince Bitsy to help him out.
"My good sir, I request that you assist me by using your superior jaw strength to cut this scrap metal into easy-to-carry planks!"
>BITEY CAN'T DO BITES. WHY CAN'T BITEY DO BITES!
"Uh... Hello? Bitey, can you hear me?"
>BITEY STUCK IN PRISON! BITEY TRAPPED! AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
"Oh, dear. He can't hear me."
He looked at his stick, then remembered... HE WAS WIZARD! He would solve this magically!
Wielding his Metal Stick as a conduit, come up with a way to conversate, possibly mentally swap places with, his Familiar self, Bitsy!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2018, 01:00:34 am »

BumP?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2018, 07:59:25 pm »

SHOW OFF MY NEW TALENTS TO EVERYONE! LET THEM BE HUMBLED BY THE GLORY THAT IS ME! MY AWESOMENESS IS SO OVERWHELMING THAT THEY SHALL LIKELY LAY GIFTS AT MY FEET AND CROWN ME AS THE TRUE LEADER OF US ALL THAT I SHOULD BE!

((When you go full... whatever the hell this is... there is no doubt, there is no going back, there is only doubling down and owning it for... whatever the hell it is.))
(5) You run around the compound showing off your Kerbalettic charisma, disrupting spells, spoiling omens, and in general creating quite a stir. You get tons of catcalls and whistles, a fan club springs into existence, and a pile of random spell components accrues at your feet. You are appointed Kerbal Wizard Goodwill Ambassador to the neighbors as well. You have new quests!
a) requisition components: a good Kerbal Wizard frequently finds themself in need of a variety of doohickeys, thingamabobs, whatsits, and junk. Hey, spellcasting is resource intensive. establish a contract with the local scrapyard, or other place of Kerbal business, for goods and bits in exchange for services rendered. No, not THOSE services.
b) Calm the building and housing authority: A good Kerbal spell is a grand thing, with far reaching consequences, often including fire, explosions, and havoc. SOme Kerbals tend to find themselves unexpectedly experiencing these consequences in rather dramatic fashion. visit the neighborhood association and ease fearsconcerning a recurrance of some of our more recent consequences. Don't sign anything.

Spoiler: Beckerman kerman (click to show/hide)
go serch for a lamp and use it to give warmth to the planet Kerbin Kerman and declare that we have located the many moons an rocky bodies of the kerbin system. Spend a research point on discovering the light spell.

(2) in spite of the eager assistance of your many excited followers, you fail to find a single lamp in all of Kerbaldom. It should be easy to find, what with all the torches being waved about at your back. (2) You misplace Kerbin Kerman in your quest to find a source of ignition that does not include self immolation. Seems he got distracted by the half dozen moons pointed his way back at the scrying pool. (3) you do discover [light] as one of the torches goes hurtling past your kerb ear.

Get myself to the university hospital. Via the safest way possible.

(2) You think the safest way might be to crawl. Unfortunately, your crawling is not fast enough to get you out of the path of Beckerman "I am Kerbol" Kerman and the confused mob trying to set him on fire. You get trampled rather badly. at least the burns hurt less.

Fortunately for you (maybe) another Kerbal has seen your plight and is taking pity on yo. and also taking advantage of you. See ziizo's turn below. (you lose your matches)

Drag the comatose kerbal to the infirmary.
Also steal whatever it is carrying.

(4) you scrape up the burned and trampled fella and haul him to the infirmary, carefully depositing his mangled frame into a bed while stealing his matches from his battered body.

Pour the experimental liquid soap into the scrying pool, then use the mop to clean the pool.
(3) you dump the soap into the pool and start swishing around with the mop. You get a smattering of suds, and some of the grime churns up off the bottom of the pool, turning said suds a rich greenish yellow color. This place is strangely quiet, what with the entire Kerbal Wizard Visioneering and Farsight Department having left in a perplexed mob recently. You have the place to yourself, it seems. You eye the Kerbal jeans scattered about the floor thoughtfully.

Hm, well, that seemed to work...
>BITEY WANNA BITE NOW
Ah! His fimiliar's first words! He spoke to himself in the chamber, trying to convince Bitsy to help him out.
"My good sir, I request that you assist me by using your superior jaw strength to cut this scrap metal into easy-to-carry planks!"
>BITEY CAN'T DO BITES. WHY CAN'T BITEY DO BITES!
"Uh... Hello? Bitey, can you hear me?"
>BITEY STUCK IN PRISON! BITEY TRAPPED! AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
"Oh, dear. He can't hear me."
He looked at his stick, then remembered... HE WAS WIZARD! He would solve this magically!
Wielding his Metal Stick as a conduit, come up with a way to conversate, possibly mentally swap places with, his Familiar self, Bitsy!
(1) you bash magic into your forehead repeatedly until you fall over from the intense influx of magical power. Sadly, you fail to communicate with bitey. He seems to have been silenced. But then, so have you. you gain the status [pummeled]. Perhaps you should see a doctor. and bite him.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2019, 12:12:27 am »

Use light and start searching for kerbin again
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:38:23 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2019, 02:43:23 am »

Learn healing magic while I heal!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10