Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DF Log  (Read 11954 times)

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Log
« on: October 12, 2018, 10:38:44 pm »

I've just uploaded a utility I made to watch the Gamelog.

windows: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14067
mac: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14068
linux: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14069

It syntax highlights the gamelog in real time (might be familiar to MUD users) and has three modes:

Default:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Compact:

Ultra-compact:

(ultra compact is great for people who have REGULAR_CONVERSATION enabled in fortress mode.)

I generally keep it running on the side:

Now supports mulitple panels and filtering:

Uploaded v0.0.3:

just uploaded a new version.

this update should perform a little better:
  • more highlighted phrases
  • faster response
  • less UI thrashing (so no lockups, hopefully),
  • will allow one to scroll back through the gamelog

Uploaded v0.0.4:

uploaded a new version - v0.0.4

this update should have some performance improvements, more matched phrases, as well as some new features:
  • group filtering
  • import/export filter groups
  • resizable split panels

Uploaded v0.0.5:

uploaded version 0.0.5:

added a couple more mood matchers, added a welcome screen, and added a help menu.

Uploaded v0.0.6:

uploaded version 0.0.6:

added a couple more mood matchers, profession matchers, added support for villainy and guild type announcements, added support for conflict thoughts (which currently include the despairing thoughts from seeing corpses):

in data/init/announcements.txt add D_D to [CONFLICT_CONVERSATION:A_D:UCR_A]
(it should ultimately look something like: [CONFLICT_CONVERSATION:A_D:D_D:UCR_A])

might need to reset filter groups (in the file menu) if villainy and battle emotion aren't showing up (which might require a relaunch of the utility) and reset panel layouts (in the view menu).

also, for dfhack users, i've added the ability to pause/unpause the game by hitting [space] - sometimes i'd have the log focused and suddenly see a flurry of activity and switching back and forth wasn't fun.

under the View menu, there are now Basic Layout and Advanced Layout options. Basic splits combat related announcements into its own panel, and Advanced further splits academic and entertainment related thoughts into their own panels. These panel layouts are basically examples of what type of filtering is possible.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:12:15 pm by sxtxixtxcxh »

atari911

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I get here!?
    • View Profile
    • The Lair of Atari911
Re: DF Log
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 09:44:53 am »

This looks great but I can't seem to get the font to change sizes with the CTRL keys. Other than that I'm loving this!
Running the entire world on a 2008 macbook!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 09:59:52 am »

FYI you’ve used the ultra compact picture for both normal compact and ultra compact examples

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 11:29:24 am »

This looks great but I can't seem to get the font to change sizes with the CTRL keys. Other than that I'm loving this!

looks like font resizing was only working in my debug builds. i'll make sure to fix that.

FYI you’ve used the ultra compact picture for both normal compact and ultra compact examples

ah thanks! i've been sort of conflicted on the screenshots i chose (just went with my most recent gamelog entries and they're kind of boring...), so i think i've been subconsciously avoiding them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:19:54 pm by sxtxixtxcxh »

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 07:43:23 pm »

just uploaded a new version.

this update should perform a little better:
  • more highlighted phrases
  • faster response
  • less UI thrashing (so no lockups, hopefully),
  • will allow one to scroll back through the gamelog
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:24:02 pm by sxtxixtxcxh »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:23:58 am »

Which font do you use?
On a Mac, DF Log runs in retina (icons are high res), but font looks very pixelated, probably because font itself is low res.

Browser + DF in window mode (2x upscale, no retina) + DF Log.
https://i.imgur.com/NM9TILk.png

It's not super-important, because DF itself doesn't use retina unless in full screen mode, and you can't see another app while DF is in fullscreen even if you have multiple displays.

Update: I guess something changed in the latest Mac OS, because now I can use second app while having DF in 4k
https://i.imgur.com/1lLIJHr.jpg
Thank you! I don't mind pixelated font too much, as long as it's pixel perfect it still looks great.

Myrmidon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 06:55:49 am »

Love the utility so far! Helps a lot with keeping up with what is going on.

The only issue I've had so far is that when my dwarves are training in the barracks, the full sparring log tends to clog it up a bit.  Anyway to eliminate the sparring details from the log?

Thanks!

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 05:31:31 pm »

... when my dwarves are training in the barracks, the full sparring log tends to clog it up a bit.  Anyway to eliminate the sparring details from the log?

thanks! i'm working on a filtering system that should be in the next version :)

seyedaed

• Bay Watcher
  • In honor of Zutthan Govoslorbam
    • View Profile
    • Twitchin
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 02:12:44 am »

Hey thanks for all your hard work.  It looks great so far. I'm excited to see where you go with this.   

Just fyi I get this error when I close the application on windows 10 64. 

It seems like it happens when a read is occurring or something. Right now there is a lot of activity in my gamelog because of combat.  Anyway I hope this helps in some small way.

We honor Zutthan Govoslorbam: "For having one of the most exciting, yet boring lives ever."

Gitlab:   https://gitlab.com/deadeyesisnewb/
Twitch:   https://www.twitch.tv/seyedaed/
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/adwarfslife

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 04:01:31 pm »

Thanks for making this!

I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to filter out sparring :)

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 04:09:42 am »

Hey thanks for all your hard work.  It looks great so far. I'm excited to see where you go with this.   

Just fyi I get this error when I close the application on windows 10 64. 

It seems like it happens when a read is occurring or something. Right now there is a lot of activity in my gamelog because of combat.  Anyway I hope this helps in some small way.

thanks! yeah, that's likely because the gamelog in between the time the window was closed and the app shut down. i think i've taken steps toward making that a more rare occurrence.

Thanks for making this!

I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to filter out sparring :)

it's coming along! i've just got a couple edge cases to sort out...

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 04:16:59 pm »

uploaded a new version - v0.0.4

this update should have some performance improvements, more matched phrases, as well as some new features:
  • group filtering
  • import/export filter groups
  • resizable split panels

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 04:37:22 pm »

uploaded version 0.0.5:

added a couple more mood matchers, added a welcome screen, and added a help menu.

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 05:27:03 pm »

uploaded version 0.0.6:

added a couple more mood matchers, profession matchers, added support for villainy and guild type announcements, added support for conflict thoughts (which currently include the despairing thoughts from seeing corpses):

in data/init/announcements.txt add D_D to [CONFLICT_CONVERSATION:A_D:UCR_A]
(it should ultimately look something like: [CONFLICT_CONVERSATION:A_D:D_D:UCR_A])

might need to reset filter groups (in the file menu) if villainy and battle emotion aren't showing up (which might require a relaunch of the utility) and reset panel layouts (in the view menu).

edit: also, for dfhack users, i've added the ability to pause/unpause the game by hitting [space] - sometimes i'd have the log focused and suddenly see a flurry of activity and switching back and forth wasn't fun.

another edit: i've just remembered the panel layouts is a new feature i've been using and haven't released. under the View menu, there are now Basic Layout and Advanced Layout options. Basic splits combat related announcements into its own panel, and Advanced further splits academic and entertainment related thoughts into their own panels. These panel layouts are basically examples of what type of filtering is possible.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:12:24 pm by sxtxixtxcxh »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 03:02:47 am »

This utility looks amazing, I will be sure to run it along my forts.

I have one question about the distribution: am I allowed to add it to my mod launcher package for Dwemer Fortress I am working on? I will be sure to give full credits both on mod page and on launcher screen. However I want to know if it's ok with you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2