Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Studding armor

(1/2) > >>

Stupid Dragon:
Hi there. Just registered.

I have a question - does studding an armor affects it's defense performace? Say, I don't have good armor-grade metals but is it worth it to stud leather armor with non-armor grade metals?
Do non-weapon/armor grade metals even have impact/shear stats?

Cathar:
In order : no, yes
Studding affect value and can give good thoughts if given to someone who want to look fancy or does like the metal it's studded with tho.

All metals have stats. Artefact weapons and armor can be made from them. Platinum hammers are devastating

Stupid Dragon:

--- Quote from: Cathar on October 14, 2018, 03:51:00 pm ---In order : no, yes
Studding affect value and can give good thoughts if given to someone who want to look fancy or does like the metal it's studded with tho.

All metals have stats. Artefact weapons and armor can be made from them. Platinum hammers are devastating

--- End quote ---

Aww, too bad, but I expected as much. :(
If it's about happy thoughts then I'd rather decorate with something lightweight rather than stud with metals like lead, silver and gold.  :-\

Thanks.

Cathar:
Well, it's about value and roleplay, but you're right in the idea it's better to keep expensive decorative materials for more durable items than leather armors. You can sew images to them tho if you're concerned about happy thoughts or general look of your levies.

To me it's important my little people have the arms of the kingdom somewhere on their uniform, but it's not a major concern for everyone

Saiko Kila:

--- Quote from: Stupid Dragon on October 14, 2018, 04:11:14 pm ---If it's about happy thoughts then I'd rather decorate with something lightweight rather than stud with metals like lead, silver and gold.  :-\

--- End quote ---

If you are concerned with the weight of the decorated items, worry not because studding doesn't change it. The metalsmith may consume the whole bars of metal, weighing more than himself, but the decorated item will weigh exactly as much as before, only cost more. That's dwarven craft!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version