Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Human Race - a 4x Human vs Planet PVE Arms Race  (Read 3437 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Human Race - a 4x Human vs Planet PVE Arms Race
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 07:25:18 am »

I'll be the person designing stuff to go in the armory.

M4A1 Assault Carbine: It's an AR-15 with full auto and 3 round burst firemodes. What did you expect?
it's over

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 10:08:05 am »

I'll be the person designing stuff to go in the armory.

M4A1 Assault Carbine: It's an AR-15 with full auto and 3 round burst firemodes. What did you expect?
Secondary proposal:

Emplacement Gun EG-1

A .60 caliiber machinegun to be mounted on the perimeter of our dropship. It is designed for maximum reliability and accuracy, and has a firerate of 400 rpm.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 12:25:38 pm »

Will join this team, I guess. I'll primarily be designing new things to use.

Can you have a Hero character and still be involved in the design process?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 12:34:17 pm »

I thought designs were a ffa
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 12:35:36 pm »

I thought designs were a ffa
Same
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 12:35:56 pm »

That's what it sounds like, I'm just making sure.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 02:40:57 pm »

Prospect 1,0: (4) Doomblade, D7, King Zultan, Rockeater

Awakening Plan Doubloon (3): D7, King Zultan, Rockeater

M4A1 & EG-1 (2): 0cra_tr0per, Doomblade
it's over

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 02:48:53 pm »

Prospect 1,0: (5) Doomblade, D7, King Zultan, Rockeater, Talion

Awakening Plan Doubloon (4): D7, King Zultan, Rockeater, Talion

Seems fine to me. I don't know how plentiful ore is, but it seems like prospecting could take a while.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 03:00:56 pm »

Joining, of course, as Actual President Donald J. Trump, leader of the expedition!

First Turn Instructions:
It is now the scouting phase: Pick a map coordinate to send a drilling team to prospect for ore.

Seeing as there's no actual map to help judge the coordinates, I'm gonna go with [42,69].

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 03:35:28 pm »

Turn 1: Exploration

Joining, of course, as Actual President Donald J. Trump, leader of the expedition!

First Turn Instructions:
It is now the scouting phase: Pick a map coordinate to send a drilling team to prospect for ore.

Seeing as there's no actual map to help judge the coordinates, I'm gonna go with [42,69].

Each coordinate increment is 1 kilometer, every grid point is 1 square kilometer. We have plenty of useless executives already making decisions. No reason why we can't have the immortal god-emperor of humanity, Donald Trump along.

Prospect 1,0: (5) Doomblade, D7, King Zultan, Rockeater, Talion

Awakening Plan Doubloon (4): D7, King Zultan, Rockeater, Talion

Seems fine to me. I don't know how plentiful ore is, but it seems like prospecting could take a while.

Prospecting takes a day or so... Or one turn. This turn.

The landscape is forest. Forest and jungle for as far as the eye can see. Forest and jungle without end. Really. You can't see the end of the forest. You can't even see the curvature of the planet and suspect that you have landed on the forest plane.

The sky is overcast. There seems to be cloud cover, it is white and fluffy but grey on the underside, as if the planet is frowning at you.

You grab a techie and drive next door to (1, 0). You begin exploratory drilling.

Preliminary samples suggest that the rock here will give a yield of 94%. You can excavate approximately 160 million tons of rock in the first few layers of rock and soil.

As you drill, the air gets thick. You feel the forest and rock moan, and it shakes your workers to the bone. But physically, they're all fine, and they keep drilling.

You reckon that it would be easy to build a road next door to (1, 0)

For your next turn, would you set up the excavators at (1, 0)? Would you set up multiple excavators?

We also need a uranium refining production line, to feed the reactor. You just gotta turn raw rocks into crushed rock sorted into rare ores, leeched into rare materials, and then refined into reactor grade enriched uranium...

Inventories

On Rocketship landing at (0, 0):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Embarked at (0, 0):

At possible Mining outpost (1, 0)

Tech:

Non Combatants:

Heavy Machinery - Mining

Mining yields: Mines will have a richness that is multiplied again a base number of 0.1% for common metal ores and 1 ppm for rare materials. A mine with 200% richness can yield 0.2% common metal ores, etc.

Static Facilities:

Light Equipment:

Combatants

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 03:47:04 pm »

We need to thaw out some horticulturalists and get the greenhouses running properly, if I'm not mistaken. And we need to thaw out a bunch of security men, because as soon as we start digging the planet's going to start killing us.

Who wants to take bets on how long it takes before the trees start acting like Huorns?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 05:35:02 pm »

Shitty math time!
Woot.

So, most important things here, in my opinion, are the Excavators and Crushers. Now, apparently this stuff is typically handled by the crawlers.
10 Crawlers * 1000 Tons each, means we can transport about 10,000 tons with the Crawlers, which isn't enough for even one. This, frankly, sucks.

The other transport vehicles are pretty insignificant, so that's all a bit meh.

Anyhow, we should probably build a road as soon as possible, so let's cut a utility road through the jungle and either pack the dirt down or spread some gravel on it.

Avanti!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »

OK, so, do note that the Crawlers can make MANY trips every day. They have a speed listed somewhere. If we just unpack a total of 5 Crawlers this turn and one of everything that processes material, we should be good.

And you can all thank me for simplifying your math, originally it was going to be 1 BWE -> 1.11 Rock Crushers -> 3.33...whatever the next thing is. I convinced him to not do silly things like that. :P

I have physics to study, so I can't spend time to do any math right now.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2018, 08:27:54 pm »

Eh?  Note this line:

Quote from: OP
Your BWE stripminer and the semi-mobile crushing facilities are usually broken up and moved in 1000 ton chunks by a 1000 ton machine

We only have ten crawlers, but they move at 20 kph, and the mine is a kilometer away.  Assuming loading is instantaneous (and there's a fair chance it is, this being an Aigre game), we can move one (plus one third) machine every 12 minutes.  Considering each excavator/crusher pair on a 100% mine produces about (400,000 / 1000 / 24 / 60 =) 2.7 tons of metal on average every minute, we're only losing 64.8 tons of useful material to transport time on the first pair, and ~750 tons to transport time overall.  That's pretty much nothing, a little less than an operational hour's loss.

Also, the other vehicles are most certainly not insignificant.  The mining trucks can move 20,000 tons on their own, and at more than thrice the speed of the crawlers.  They may not be able to move heavy machines, but they move six times as much of anything else, while doing it at 62% of the price.  Yes, cars and exoskeletons can only move 400 and 40 tons respectively, so don't really matter, but mining trucks are very significant.

...Wait a sec.  My char's Trump.  What am I doing, talking about concepts that require a grasp of basic arithmetic to understand?  Trump will order an unfreezing of two hundred technicians, and four hundred security troops, who will immediately be assigned to a forest-clearing division, equipped with literally all of the exosuits, and tasked to BURN ALL THE TREES!  Those slobby, disgusting trees, they're trying to invade our planet, we can't let them get away with this!

Edit: dang ninja...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 08:32:41 pm »

Do remember that we're voting in an Arms Race-ish fashion, so I guess if you insist on acting like Trump you can just draft up plans and submit them for voting like everyone else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3