Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On YouTube there seems to be a explosion of DF let's plays.  (Read 1987 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On YouTube there seems to be a explosion of DF let's plays.
« on: September 26, 2019, 01:20:21 pm »

A few day ago I searched for Dwarf Fortress within the last week and there were pages of new YouTubers I have never heard of starting NEW Let's Plays on DF.  What happened?  Is DF going to Steam making it the next big game to Let's Play?   What's going on?
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On YouTube there seems to be a explosion of DF let's plays.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 09:47:50 am »

What's the deal with the Let-Us-Plays? They're not lettuce, and they're not plays!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 01:57:12 pm »

A few day ago I searched for Dwarf Fortress within the last week and there were pages of new YouTubers I have never heard of starting NEW Let's Plays on DF.  What happened?  Is DF going to Steam making it the next big game to Let's Play?   What's going on?
I think it's from people like Kruggsmash. Even non DF players know of and watch Krugg.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »

Yeah, I'm thinking Krugg might be the "catalyst" of this. His videos are top notch, and they probably inspired lots of people to start doing videos as well. I'm not even a youtuber and watching his content got me wanting to do DF videos as well

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 08:09:05 pm »

I've been in the process of doing a DF overview on YouTube for a week or two by now. Keep running into equipment issues so it keeps having to get reshot.