Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

[MOD] [LINUX] Local Multiplayer Adventure Mode/ Dungeons and Dragons with Guns

(1/3) > >>

DeathHunter:
Hi, I'm probably going to get yelled at how this is impossible and how it takes the fun out of the game.

I am attempting to take Adventure mode and have Hackmaster like turns (look here if you don't know what it is: https://www.kenzerco.com/hackmaster/) and include Warhammer like aspects of it (Power Armor, Humans multiply like rabbits, the big wars, etc). The GM has the players connect to his world on his computer via the internet, Where he follows the characters in a cursor mode and can shortcut back to the players if he loses sight of them. He has a form of dfhack terminal to edit the world, such as set the time per tick to thirty seconds or cause a party of marauding Dingo men to appear, or use normal dfhack commands to do things.

I have very little experience in C, Arduino and a small amount of coding with CTFE/Phoenix and the WPI libraries and I want to know if there is something in the code that I can access or edit without touching the source code, or if I need the source code for it. A pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated. :)

KittyTac:
The game is closed-source. What you're describing is not possible to do, even with DFHack.

DeathHunter:
Well dang.

EDIT: Is there a way I can ask A Toady One for the source code? Or is that not even a viable option?

KittyTac:

--- Quote from: DeathHunter on October 17, 2018, 12:09:09 pm ---Well dang.

EDIT: Is there a way I can ask A Toady One for the source code?

--- End quote ---
He's not giving it away. It's been stated that he will only release it if he dies and none of his children take up the project.

DeathHunter:
Wow. I shall have to learn machine code and go into a nomadic decade of understanding, and come out later when there is a new version, and repeat the same process.

EDIT: There goes my dreams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version