Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Polling for business idea  (Read 2426 times)

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Polling for business idea
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:10:07 pm »

How many people here would be interested in paying for a Professional DM? I understand it may depend on price, etc.

so, therefore-

What would you consider a good price for a session?

What would you expect from such a DM?

Would you expect them to follow the rules as exactly as possible, or be more flexible?

How many others do you think you know that would be willing to pay for high quality campaigns?

Please give answers- I respect you may be busy, but I am at a point where I need to decide what to do, and starting a business, particularly a gaming company is a dream of mine. I just need to make sure it will realistically work out before I begin investing in it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Polling for business idea
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:24:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure you'll find people willing to pay for a professional dominatrix. I suggest you google around to find out the ongoing fees in the biz.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:36:55 am »

I'm pretty sure you'll find people willing to pay for a professional dominatrix. I suggest you google around to find out the ongoing fees in the biz.

I believe Rome was talking about Direct Messages. Understandable misunderstanding, though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:29 pm »

I believe Rome was talking about Direct Messages. Understandable misunderstanding, though.
It's quite alright, I'm sure Rome will correct his question and resolve the matter in short order.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 02:27:47 pm »

How many people here would be interested in paying for a Professional DM? I understand it may depend on price, etc.

so, therefore-

What would you consider a good price for a session?

What would you expect from such a DM?

Would you expect them to follow the rules as exactly as possible, or be more flexible?

How many others do you think you know that would be willing to pay for high quality campaigns?

Please give answers- I respect you may be busy, but I am at a point where I need to decide what to do, and starting a business, particularly a gaming company is a dream of mine. I just need to make sure it will realistically work out before I begin investing in it.

I could probably be interested, and I suspect a lot of other people would be as well. The majority of game-finder threads I've seen have been dominated by players looking for groups and DMs, and a decent DM that lacks players is pretty rare. People will pay money for fun, believe you me.\
Personally I could see paying about 2 USD per hour per player - I'm pretty low-income myself, and others would be likely to offer quite a bit more, but still, for 6 players that's $12/hour which isn't bad. Depends on your cost of living though. if you're in Seattle then that's not going to be much more than a supplement; If you live somewhere like I do, central Montana, where the cost of living is a lot lower, then you could get by doing this 20 hours a week as your sole source of income - you'd be in about the same financial boat as I am now, but be able to afford an apartment and amenities and have some cash left over. If you're in Uganda or something, well, you'd be living fat and happy and could hire a maid. When you're working from home, location matters!
One thing I'd suggest is to save logs/recordings of sessions you run and show some snippets of them as examples of your style and skills, that'd give people a taste and maybe get them more interested - or at the least, show them a bit of what you're like behind the screen.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 04:31:17 pm »

... Danish Monsters? Isn’t that just Swedish people in Denmark?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.