Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple questions  (Read 655 times)

XXX_ANUBIS_XXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple questions
« on: October 17, 2018, 05:34:41 pm »

1- Looking to merge multiple mods
2- Looking for a thread for mods on 44.12

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple questions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:46 pm »

The mods in the mod releases forum are all marked with the version they are compatible with. Some older ones may also be compatible but you'd need to ask in each thread.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=27.0

Also things like tilesets (the simple ones, not the full graphical ones) can always be used (until one day in the far future when the base game tileset gets expanded).

Merging is hard, but there are tools made to achieve this. I'll let someone else comment on which are usable.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:14:21 pm »

Which mods do you want merged? I might be able to do it for you.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

XXX_ANUBIS_XXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 10:49:41 am »

Adventurecraft, a few of the mods that add more creatures, and one of my own.
the mod I made adds fireproof humans that breathe fire (Copied direct from Dragons) as a natural ability.
BTW, how would I add a creature to the civilizations so I don't have to start as an outsider?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 12:07:15 pm »

To make a custom civ, copy one of the existing ones, change the [ENTITY:XXX] line to something unique such as "[ENTITY:ANBUIS]", and change the [CREATURE:XXX] line to the name of your creature. Alternatively, you can add a new [CREATURE:XXX] line to an existing entity. The game will pick which one to use on worldgen, but their cultures will be identical. I'd recommend the first option.

The biggest difficulty in merging mods is that Dwarf Fortress can't accept any raw files that have the same (all-caps) name. You can have two creatures called "dwarf", for instance, but you can't have two [CREATURE:DWARF] entries. If you do, it causes unpredictable errors and usually crashes the game. As a result, to merge mods you just have to make sure that nothing you're using shares a name with anything else.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!