Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uh-Oh - Vampire?  (Read 2412 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uh-Oh - Vampire?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 07:43:16 am »

elephant men then? also, thats a lot of usefull insight you have there! do you know if the amount a vampire drinks is somehow related to the vampire's size? so, would a human vampire drink more blood than a dwarven one?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 10:09:24 am »

elephant men then? also, thats a lot of usefull insight you have there! do you know if the amount a vampire drinks is somehow related to the vampire's size? so, would a human vampire drink more blood than a dwarven one?

I don't think it is related to vampire's size, because it is partly random. The same vampire can drink different amounts when save-scummin, even from the same victim, and the difference can be bigger than the difference between humans and dwarves. However, I was testing only dwarven vampires, and also dwarven victims (not intentionally, most of my people are dwarves).

As a side note, if the victim is still alive, it never wakes up, because vampires prevent their victims from waking as long as they are drinking, and at least 6 hours after they've stopped.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 10:23:59 am »

thx for the insight :) i will probably play around with vamps more when the big wait starts. since they are immortal, i imagine that i might end up with a rather old world :)
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 04:54:03 am »

What about a vampire elephant man?

And do vampire mosquito man combat bites count for satisfying thirst? I recall that they can become vampires by biting vampires.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 02:48:23 pm »

They do indeed contract vampirism by biting vampires because the syndrome/interaction is passed on through the blood they just drank, but they do not satisfy their thirst through their attack iirc. Still have to "feed" on an unconscious victim.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 04:56:15 pm »

Yes, mosquito attacks draw blood but do not reset the vampirism counter. But even if they were able, that wouldn't amount to much - single attack from mosquito guy draws less blood than one tick of vampire drinking (so about one minute, and vampires drink at least ~2 hours). I've seen such attacks able to bleed people only in modded creatures. Even vampiric Forgotten Beasts in vanilla suck more.

As for big animal men, I know them only from adventurer mode. The biggest vampire I had was grizzly bear man, and he was sucking the same amount as a dwarf. But fortress mode is handled differently, so it would require testing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 07:25:47 pm »

They do indeed contract vampirism by biting vampires because the syndrome/interaction is passed on through the blood they just drank, but they do not satisfy their thirst through their attack iirc. Still have to "feed" on an unconscious victim.
Getting serious crimson court ideas from this information
Pages: 1 [2]