Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rendermax FPS tweaks  (Read 2297 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
rendermax FPS tweaks
« on: October 20, 2018, 03:19:03 pm »

rendermax light tanks my FPS. Are there settings I can use to reduce the FPS drain?

Setting special.diffusionCount=0 keeps the graphical FPS from dropping, but it still cuts my tick rate down.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: rendermax FPS tweaks
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 02:35:25 am »

rendermax light tanks my FPS. Are there settings I can use to reduce the FPS drain?

Setting special.diffusionCount=0 keeps the graphical FPS from dropping, but it still cuts my tick rate down.
Yeah sadly thats the only one. It's very computationally intense thing as it has to read a lot of map each frame. You could reduce your GFPS max, maybe that would at least save your FPS.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 07:16:53 pm »

Yeah sadly thats the only one. It's very computationally intense thing as it has to read a lot of map each frame. You could reduce your GFPS max, maybe that would at least save your FPS.
Thanks! That worked.

Is it rechecking the entire map every tick?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 12:47:14 am »

Thanks! That worked.

Is it rechecking the entire map every tick?

It's checking current slice (z level) + one level down (for lava) + if there is any space up, it tries finding sun (so underground it checks nothing and outside it check as many levels as it needs to reach top)