Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Fantasy Frostpunk: Winter's Heart  (Read 4660 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fantasy Frostpunk: Winter's Heart
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:22:25 am »

Who doesn't love them some Frostpunk? Eh? EH?! But seriously. Great game, wonderful setting. Ebbor's doing a regular adapation, I'm going to be doing a fantasy one.
----------------
The world is crumbling. The last winter, did not end. Your seers and diviners have been plagued by visions that are difficult to interpret. Some think the Gods have gone to war, and this winter is the result of their furious struggle. Still others think mortal hands have plunged the world into chaos for personal gain or demented schemes.

There are even madmen who rave that this was always meant to be, and that no God or man can stand against Winter claiming its due.

But mortals always find a way.

You and your people have gone North, into the frigid recesses of the world. Long thought uninhabitable, it offers salvation in the form of untapped resources, as well as plants and animals adapted to the cold.

-----------
This is a game about the city, not a character. There may be notable Heroes, villains, Gods and Demons, but your concern is the City. Every turn you will take actions, construct buildings, gather resources, and try to survive.
Events may occur, giving special choices for good or ill.

Resources
(Lifted Directly from Ebbor's game) Resources are tracked in pools, which gradually refill themselves each turn. For each resource, there's therefore 2 figures. The maximum capacity to which the pool fills, and the temporary value. Most actions will deplete the current value. For example, constructing tents will consume some Temp Wood, but leave your permanent supplies untouched. Others may consume permanent values. For example, setting up a charcoal burner will take away some of your Wood stat, to increase coal.
Resources are as follows initially.

Wood: A basic construction resource.
Steel: An advanced construction resource
Coal: A source of heat. Not the only one by any means.
Food: The lifeblood of your colony's population.

???: What lies beneath, what fevered dreams awake.
--------

Quote from: The Colony
Colony Name:
Colony Description:

First and Foremost, Pick Your Race!

Not all races handle the Winter the same. I fully intend for the various races to play much -much- differently.

Humanity: Ah humanity, the most numerous of the races. But you are a fractious lot, many people pulling in many directions.
(+Starting Pop, More factions will spawn. Regular Tech, Regular Magic speed.)

Dwarves: In your holds you have weathered the cold and dark before. This will be no different. The dwarves always led the world in innovation, though it is oft kept secret from the other races.
(Regular Starting Pop, +Starting Tech or Magic, Irregular Tech, Irregular Magic.)

Elves:Long have you lived within nature, and while your histories do not speak of another such event, it is no matter. Seasons pass, and the Elves stand eternal.
(-Starting Pop, Irregular Tech, Special and Improved Magic, ++Starting Magic.)

Write-in! Feel free to suggest another major fantasy race, I will try to stat them appropriately.

3 Points for the following

Hold Back The Cold
Nothing: We are the Lost, and there is nothing standing between us and the cold. (All)(+2 Points)
Magic: A tenuous barrier holds back the encroaching Frost. It will falter before long. (All)(+1 Point)
Dig Deep: It will take time and labor, but the Underground is still warm. (Dwarf Only)(0 Points)
The Great Forge: It is fed Coal and provides heat. (All.) (-1 Point)
Faith: The Gods have not abandoned us, though they are weak. Supply Faith, and the Gods will grant you protection from the cold, and perhaps other boons.(All)(-1 Point)
The Spire of Seasons. It is fed Mana, and gives your land an approximation of seasons (Elf Only)(-1 Point)

Populace
The Nobility: Best poised to bring people and resources, they took the best and the most to this new land (-2 Points)
The University: Sent its best and brightest pupils. The fire of knowledge to hold back the dark.  (-1 points)
The Merchant Guilds: Those with wealth to spare bankrolled this venture. (-1 points)
The Tradesmens Union: Steady hands, and solid laborers. Men and women accustomed to rigorous work.(-1 Points)
Refugees: Those who fled with little more than the clothes on their back. (0 points)

Transportation to the New Land
The Archway: A grand magical endeavor, it funneled people and goods through to the new land. It is lifeless now. (-2 points)
Airship: Dwarven ingenuity purchased at a high cost. (-2 points)
Merchant Fleet: Ships of oak carried you across the freezing sea, and when they could go no further they were left behind (-1 points)
The Pack Train: Sleds and beasts of burden carried you over cracking ice almost as quickly as it formed. (-1 points)
Foot and Hope: You had nothing but what you carried, and what you hoped to find. (0 points)

Resources
Plentiful (-2 points)
Normal (-1 point)
Limited (0 points)
None (+1 points)

Magic and Technology.
Advanced and Prepared (-2 Points)
Some examples (-1 points)
None. (0 points)

And of course, suggestions if you want em. :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:28:46 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Frostpunk: Winter's Heart
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 12:25:04 pm »

Edit: No longer interested in playing. I thought I got my own city.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:23:27 am by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 07:26:37 pm »

Plan: Strike the earth!!
Colony name: Boatmurdered 3
Race: Dwarves
Holding back the cold: Dig deep
Populace: refugees
Transport: The pack train
Resources: Normal
Magic and technology:Some examples.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:28:27 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »

Magical Race Bazansa

Colony Name: Drakken’s Reach
Race: Draconians (Dragon-People, the GM decides on the wings)
Populace: The University (-1)
Holding Back The Cold: Magic (+1)
Transport: The Pack Train (-1) We do not ask about draconic pack animals.
Resources: (-0) Limited
Magic and Technology: Advanced and Prepared (-2)

You should definitely vote for this proposal to add a interesting tick to the flame heart and winter approaching them, and not f*^%# cat-girl expedition, I’m looking at fallacy on this one
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:18:20 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 08:37:25 pm »

I'm pretty sure everyone gets their own city. Otherwise the comments about races playing very differently from eachother would be meaningless.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 09:11:22 pm »

Colony Name: Newhome
Race: Humans
Populace: The Tradesmens Union
Holding Back The Cold: Nothing
Transport: Foot and Hope
Resources: Plentiful
Magic and Technology: Advanced and Prepared
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 03:57:45 am »

Hmm, neat.

I'll follow this with interest.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets their own city. Otherwise the comments about races playing very differently from eachother would be meaningless.

I think it's a suggestion game with a single city. Mine's like that, and this one seems like it'll be similar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 06:29:17 am »

Magical Race Bazansa

Colony Name: Drakken’s Reach
Race: Draconians (Dragon-People, the GM decides on the wings)
Populace: The University (-1)
Holding Back The Cold: Magic (+1)
Transport: The Pack Train (-1) We do not ask about draconic pack animals.
Resources: (-0) Limited
Magic and Technology: Advanced and Prepared (-2)

You should definitely vote for this proposal to add a interesting tick to the flame heart and winter approaching them, and not f*^%# cat-girl expedition, I’m looking at fallacy on this one
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 07:17:02 am »

Ah yes, sorry if that was unclear. There is only the one city (It would be far too complicated methinks to run several. Although in the future if I get stricken with some sort of lunacy I may try it). So decide amongst yourselves which is best. So far the Draconians are winning with two votes.

To clarify about races playing differently: There will be different tech lines, innovations, events, based on the chosen race.This is to add replayability in the future, should your colony die horrifically and you decide on something else.

Also who says you'll only get a population of Dwarves? Maybe you'll be benevolent and accept some human refugees?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 08:34:41 am »

+1

Part of me is wondering if we should set up a proper Votebox for vote tracking? Although it's not convoluted enough yet that we can't make do without.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 10:45:09 am »

+1

Part of me is wondering if we should set up a proper Votebox for vote tracking? Although it's not convoluted enough yet that we can't make do without.
+1

No votebox yet, I'd say.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 12:32:14 pm »

Alright I'll give it a bit more to see if the votes change, and then we'll begin.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 02:05:18 pm »

It’s like you people want to die we have useless refugees not even Tradesmans, in the hope that “some examples” and dig the earth is going to save us, okay I mean if you want the dwarves to die than go ahead. You need to replace Pack Train with Tradesman to have a surviving chance.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 02:25:22 pm »

We won't be that bad, remember that refugees have skills, we just don't pick WHICH skills and likely don't get as many skilled people. Also, we're Dwarves. I think we'll be fine on the digging front. Geothermal heat and magma-powered hot tubs for everyone, I bet you.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 04:26:04 pm »

Plus, bay12 references, dwarf fortress ho!!!
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5