Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Fantasy Frostpunk: Winter's Heart  (Read 4666 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Frostpunk: Winter's Heart
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 06:26:06 pm »

We can Gather at will, so we'll be fine for another two turns unless we want to send out an expedition. The problem is that even right now an expedition would require the investment of two actions at minimum, and force us to spend another one next turn, to gather more food.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 07:02:25 pm »

On the other hand, an expedition can give us a shot in the arm for materials. We are kinda low on those. No steel left in our stockpile, and only what the Sawmill provides for wood; anything more needs actions spent. At the same time though, the uncertainty of the reward is an issue; still, I feel that it'd payoff more than it would cost in actions.

Still; the workshop is likely to be our path out of our resource shortages, and not just a temporary bandage for the issue.

Anyway, another possibility:

Quote from: A Shot In the Dark
Gather Wood x 1
Steam Drill (special snowflake action)
Gather Steel x 1
Gather Food x 1
Send Expedition to Scattered Supplies

Hmm.... Hey guys? Terenos? Is this right?:
Resources
Wood : 1 (0)
Steel : 0 (0)
Coal : 0 (3)
Food: 0 (2) (-1 Temp per turn)

Delay in the sawmill kicking in? If this is right, neither of our plans are valid, as we'd be starting with 0 wood in the stocks while both plans assume we have 1.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 07:13:58 pm »

In the event of a permanent resource, it will refill at the end of a turn. Since it was built last turn, at the end of turn 2, if you have 0 temp wood in your stockpile, you will go to your permanent cap.

So yes alas, delay in it kicking in.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2018, 07:32:32 pm »

Right. New plans then; we can't build the Workshop and fire up the Drill. Not enough wood and steel, we're 1 short.

Quote from: A Shot In the Dark (Revised)
Gather Wood x 2
Gather Food x 1

Simple enough, sure it can't shore up our steel in preparation for the future now, but it's more or less the same. Gets us underground, and whatever we scrounge up from the expedition.

Quote from: More infrastructure
Gather Wood x 1
Gather Steel x 2
Construct Workshop
Builds the workshop, and lets us start next turn with 1 wood, 1 steel to play with. Probably less immediate benefit than the above plan I feel, but more certain in its results.

Glory to United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2018, 07:38:22 pm »

...this is one of those things most people enjoy learning before they run into the issue.

Anyway, I guess we can scrap both plans. I think we need to dig now because it's not very action-intensive to do, only costing two actions whereas soon it may cost more than two (do to other requirements). Also, the sooner we do it the sooner we find out if it will actually start helping us against the cold fast enough, or if we need to produce housing. HOWEVER, we can modify your plan, Jilla, and instead

I love not actually needing to do work.

+1 to A Shot In The Dark (Revised)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 08:02:49 pm »

Quote from: Down We Go
Gather Wood x 2
Gather Steel x 1
Construct Workshops

+1
+1
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2018, 08:13:36 pm »

Quote from: Down We Go
Gather Wood x 2
Gather Steel x 1
Construct Workshops

+1

Tomasque, sorry to say this, but that plan isn't valid. It was built on the assumption that the Sawmill would kick in immediately, which it didn't, and therefore we're 1 wood short of being able to pull that plan off. A shame, it was a good plan.

Glory to United Forenia!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2018, 11:50:24 pm »

Oops.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2018, 12:05:09 am »

Less immediate benefits?, the expedition and digging plan leaves us with 0 food forcing an action for next turn, unless we are assuredly guaranteed that we will be provided food and success. Having the information of what we can research for hydroponic farms/hot house, and what not will be greatly appreciated and than for the following turn Steam Drilling and Expeditions can be set-up.

Quote from: VoteBox
A Shot In The Dark (Revised): (1) Madman198237
More Infrastructure : (1) SC

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2018, 02:53:11 am »

A Shot In The Dark (Revised): (2) Madman198237,10ebbor10

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2018, 04:43:24 am »

A Shot In The Dark (Revised): (3) Madman198237,10ebbor10, King Zultan
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2018, 05:00:14 pm »

A Shot In The Dark (Revised): (4) Madman198237,10ebbor10, King Zultan , TL.

Nuff said.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2018, 10:49:01 am »

Gather Wood x 2
Gather Food x 1
-----
Shipkilled, Week 3
Simdic's Log, Granite:
"The temperature is starting to drop, and in response we pointed the steam drill, fed it coal and sent it off under the supervision of a miner or two. Damn thing makes a noise like a banshee, but it chugs away happily. We just have to put up supports behind it. Its a bit warmer where we've reached, but our infrastructure is left sitting on the surface. In the future, we'll have to drag it with us.

Observations: Temperature dropped to -30 Celsius, snowfall is abating."

-Simdic Pebblefury

Expedition Report:
We set out on foot in a dour mood. We knew vaguely where our supplies had been left but the massive snowfall had shrouded the whole damn world in white. We used that deep trench cut by whatever to orient ourselves, and eventually found enough of our supplies that we could hardly carry more. In addition, we found a few more promising sites that could have some easily recovered resources.
+3 temp food. +1 Temp Steel, +1 Steam Core

Choose 4 Actions
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------
Weather : Minus 30 degrees, Heavy Snow
Depth Level 0:
Housing:    Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Indoor Work:    Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable
Outdoor Work:    Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable

Depth Level 2: Lethal / Freezing / Very Cold / Cold / Chilly / Livable / Comfortable 

Spoiler: Shipkilled (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Frostland (click to show/hide)

New Mechanic : Depth Level
Okay, so your depth level is going to act as a buffer that keeps you warm...For awhile. As time passes and the temperature drops, you will have to dig even deeper to stay warm. However, this will mean you must move your buildings as they are currently situated at Depth 0. For some buildings this won't matter, like your Mana spire. For other buildings, such as your sawmill, it must remain where the trees are.
This will take labor, and in some situations, additional supplies as not everything can be recovered.

This may make the bookkeeping rough on my end, but I think I can keep ahead of it.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2018, 11:04:48 am »

Well, not as much supplies as I'd hope, but that turn did end up Food Neutral at the very least. The extra steam core could come in handy as well.

Anyway, don't think we have much in plan variation this time.

Current Resources, for reference
Wood : 1 (1)
Steel : 0 (1)
Coal : 0 (2)
Food: 0 (2) (-1 Temp per turn)

Steam Cores: 0 (2)
Mana: 1 (1)

Quote from: Workshop Finally
Construct Workshop @Depth Level 2
Gather Food x 1
Send Expedition to ... Somewhere, not sure where, one of you lot help me out here
Gather Steel x 1

There's really not much to do; not until we get that workshop up. Sure, we can Expand the Sawmill; but its wood cost combined with our current action limit and wood stockpile renders it mutually exclusive (and in fact would use up the entirety of our effort this turn) And it leaves us with the same issue next turn.

Glory to United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2018, 12:03:02 pm »

I'd do the lowlands, unless we want to try contacting nearby peoples and potentially gaining actions. Actually, in the vein of gaining actions the sheltered rock spire would be a good one to check out as well, it's possible that some other refugees are trapped there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5