Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Sensitive humans & conquest guidelines?

<< < (2/2)

FantasticDorf:

--- Quote from: Sarmatian123 on October 24, 2018, 08:41:17 am ---Now, if you conquer humans and make them vassals, then human trading will return as normal?

--- End quote ---

Not quite.

I have a hypothesis i applied to someone else that abandoning your current fortress would make conquered provinces re-sort their trade links naturally within the dwarven civ and instead pick out the nearest large settlement because through the player, "player fortress" sitetypes don't apply for the trade network with the rest of the civilisation while independent sites do, so its a manner of offering conquered sites (which may be over different biomes) autonomy within the 2 week resettlement for making a new fortress.

I haven't managed to get tributaries yet to really comment on how economically viable it is, but until a later date when we could negotiate a peace deal to a war or something similar, when you conquer a site it will flip to the dwarven entity forcefully through the FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR being a dwarf noble.

Fleeting Frames:
Has that been tested?

If not, I'm not sure that it'd work - because ruined major sites still block founding of new major sites in their 6-7 tile radius in worldgen, which implies the links are not erased there when the site is lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version