Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Kindest Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode?

(1/10) > >>

Slozgo Luzma:
"What's the least messed-up thing that you have done in adventure mode" should be the real title. Did you ever decide to give an elf a clean, quick death while you were satisfying your suppressed sadism at slowly shaving off their limbs? I know that I once gave my travelling companion a family heirloom without killing the previous holder (or even chopping off their hands) and gave some people real gifts without exploiting them as pack mules to be killed later.

George_Chickens:
Back in 40D I had a great adventurer who killed hundreds of beasts, plus a travel companion who had saved him give or take 3 times. His companion had survived a LOT of combat, but eventually was taken down by a pack of monsters and killed. I took her body to the highest mountain I could find and cremated it with all of my treasure.

TD1:
Em, I guess I did something sorta kinda similar. In that I took my favourite companion's teeth from their corpse and used them to kill those who had killed her.

So... to sum, I gave her revenge? Dunno, doesn't seem too kind.

Cathar:
Well, I can't really decide among those :

• Saved a bandit dwarf from her necromancer lords and his new undead minions. She ended serving me until she retired into a small fort where she acts as a guard.
• Crafted a figurine in adventure mode and gave it to one of my favourite fort mode character and gave it to him. He died recently, but the figurine was still in his pouch.

But those are the two who come directly to my mind. I usually try to do good when I play as an adventurer, or in general.

Sver:
I once walked out of my house and right into a band of gobbos. We had a little chit-chat, and then one of their struck a knife in my thigh. Now, at this point I could've unsheathed my trusty sword and cut them all to pieces, but feeling particularly kind that day I gently asked them to cease hostilities by peacefully laying myself on the ground. The goblins then demanded I drop my sword, which I did, earning myself a few more bisquit-points with Good Armok up there. Then they demanded my backpack, and at this point I could've also found their spouses and their children, and I could've smashed their entire bodies into a pulp using nothing else than the gobbo's own guts, while spouting ironic nonsense about how terrifying the situation is... Now where was I? Oh. Well, I didn't do that - I surrendered my backpack instead. Each and every single one of them spat on me before leaving. The knife struck a nerve, so I couldn't even walk anymore, just crawl. The "high plant" at the nearby town said that I am a canonized saint now, and that it was inevitable. And I sure think he was right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version