Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Kindest Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode?  (Read 8081 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Kindest Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode?
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2019, 06:34:30 pm »

No.

No they do not.

I will tell all ye fools who speak of adventuring kindnesses something. Something to shake your carefully constructed beliefs concerning callous adventurers to their very foundations.

They are not hatched of ether and water, but born as any of their future in-game victims are born. Of code and the Toad's Will, made with morals and emotions, thoughts and dislikes. Some tinkering, it is true, may be made at their creation. But nevertheless they emerge, clean, into an oft newly-generated world. Full of hope.

And then they are possessed by an immovable, implacable spirit. A creature of loathing and blood-lust. The adventurer has only one name for this entity; Armok, god of blood himself. I know it by another name. You, that greatest of monsters. You.

Did you know, you who reads this now as the New Prometheus, Frankenstein's Monster, Adam, read the works of Milton - did you know that when this moral creature is urged to hack and hew, he cries? Perhaps it is for his lost sentience, perhaps it is for the screams which he hears but which he is powerless to act upon. We can not know, for his voice is erased, and his only means of expression is in the tears which trickle, in a nigh-constant stream, from his eyes.

You list kindnesses, reader, friend.

But there is no kindness here.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2019, 05:17:29 am »

oh yeah Adventurer's are just poor folks that are possessed by the player, that's true and the only real kindness you can give them is probably retiring them early.
but forcing some poor sod to build an orphanage is a kind deed paved through hellish processes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2019, 07:54:53 am »

oh yeah Adventurer's are just poor folks that are possessed by the player, that's true and the only real kindness you can give them is probably retiring them early.
but forcing some poor sod to build an orphanage is a kind deed paved through hellish processes.
But most Players aren't that kind.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2019, 08:00:31 am »

Well, to maintain an orphanage you will need orphans...
You have to see the bigger picture.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2019, 09:33:39 am »

Well, to maintain an orphanage you will need orphans...
You have to see the bigger picture.
:o h, now i got it.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]