Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Kindest Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode?  (Read 8125 times)

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
Kindest Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode?
« on: October 22, 2018, 03:54:31 am »

"What's the least messed-up thing that you have done in adventure mode" should be the real title. Did you ever decide to give an elf a clean, quick death while you were satisfying your suppressed sadism at slowly shaving off their limbs? I know that I once gave my travelling companion a family heirloom without killing the previous holder (or even chopping off their hands) and gave some people real gifts without exploiting them as pack mules to be killed later.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Kindest Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 05:18:53 am »

Back in 40D I had a great adventurer who killed hundreds of beasts, plus a travel companion who had saved him give or take 3 times. His companion had survived a LOT of combat, but eventually was taken down by a pack of monsters and killed. I took her body to the highest mountain I could find and cremated it with all of my treasure.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 05:24:12 am »

Em, I guess I did something sorta kinda similar. In that I took my favourite companion's teeth from their corpse and used them to kill those who had killed her.

So... to sum, I gave her revenge? Dunno, doesn't seem too kind.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 10:47:04 am »

Well, I can't really decide among those :

• Saved a bandit dwarf from her necromancer lords and his new undead minions. She ended serving me until she retired into a small fort where she acts as a guard.
• Crafted a figurine in adventure mode and gave it to one of my favourite fort mode character and gave it to him. He died recently, but the figurine was still in his pouch.

But those are the two who come directly to my mind. I usually try to do good when I play as an adventurer, or in general.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 02:12:34 pm »

I once walked out of my house and right into a band of gobbos. We had a little chit-chat, and then one of their struck a knife in my thigh. Now, at this point I could've unsheathed my trusty sword and cut them all to pieces, but feeling particularly kind that day I gently asked them to cease hostilities by peacefully laying myself on the ground. The goblins then demanded I drop my sword, which I did, earning myself a few more bisquit-points with Good Armok up there. Then they demanded my backpack, and at this point I could've also found their spouses and their children, and I could've smashed their entire bodies into a pulp using nothing else than the gobbo's own guts, while spouting ironic nonsense about how terrifying the situation is... Now where was I? Oh. Well, I didn't do that - I surrendered my backpack instead. Each and every single one of them spat on me before leaving. The knife struck a nerve, so I couldn't even walk anymore, just crawl. The "high plant" at the nearby town said that I am a canonized saint now, and that it was inevitable. And I sure think he was right.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:40:45 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 03:39:08 pm »

One time, I recruited a bard to come along the company (Rolepaying feels good). Eventually we got ourselves in a losing battle. At the end, all my companions died, all of the enemy died (Maybe a couple fled...) and my humble bard was on the ground wounded pretty bad. I dragged him all the way into the nearest town and left him in the Tavern for one last song. I could swear I saw my character crying...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 08:00:36 pm »

One of the companions I picked up, a human mercenary, told me about his two young cousins who had been snatched by goblins. They were siblings, children of the lady of a nearby hamlet. But I didn't think much of it at the time.

Later this companion died in an ill-fated assault on a dark pits. I bore his body and possessions to the surface and held a funeral ceremony, recounting stories of his life and tragic end. Then I set my sights on the dark fortress: stole in secretly, entered the citadel, and in the first level of the prison I found the two cousins of my late friend. We crept from the fortress and made our escape. I brought them back to their home; on entering the castle the children ran to their mother, who almost could not believe her eyes, and they embraced, tears streaming down joyful faces.

This was at the conclusion of many other adventures, during which I had lost many companions to dreadful foes, especially a bronze colossus. I divided all the treasure we'd claimed on our journey and gave equal portions to each survivor; several portions I donated to a local temple in memory of our lost friends.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 09:13:35 am »

And I sure think he was right.

You need to die to be canonized and need to have performed at least one miracle during your lifetime tho
But you're too good for this earth. I suggest the title of boddhisatva for your character (as well as some non lethal training in Kisat Dur)

Edit : Unrelated but is your avatar an artwork by shabazik ? I need to know

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 09:41:19 am »

You need to die to be canonized and need to have performed at least one miracle during your lifetime tho
But you're too good for this earth. I suggest the title of boddhisatva for your character (as well as some non lethal training in Kisat Dur)

Well, that's a miracle they survived! And I'll be dead one day anyway, so.
But maybe you're right, and I should trust my inner self more than some high plant.

Unrelated but is your avatar an artwork by shabazik ? I need to know

Yep, that's the "Winter's eve gift" by Shabazik. I just roughly colored the little fella from there.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:43:52 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 06:00:06 pm »

The good new is, some bandits can be redeemed. I have some goblin bandit acquitances, and sometimes outright allies after I got them scared into submission, usually after slaying their champion. You just got to speak a language they understand !

Now I usually give them a chance to surrender outright, and another one after I bested them. I don't try to eradicate them anymore since I discovered they could (under some still uncertain circumstances) be reasoned with. I got a full squad of them in one of my teams !

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:38:01 pm by Cathar »

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 02:10:13 pm »

Removed
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:46:02 pm by UristMcVampire »
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 06:03:18 pm »

The most kindest/least messed up thing in adventure mode?

Maybe my recent adventurer who never killed any elf, human or dwarf so far. I play on my own modded world, with various additional kinds of sentient races likes orcs and boar people for the EVIL entity, gnomes and gremlins as skulking civs  and a lot of animal people. As on his way to become the "Best Hunter on the entire island", he only kills animals and monsters... The only flaw in his plan may be that he sees animal people, greenskins and stuff like that as monsters. He has a large swampling killcount too.  :D

GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 04:54:11 pm »

I wrote a whole lot of books and left them in a library once.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Shut Up and Let me Draw!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 04:58:27 pm »

I rescued a flock of elves from invaders.

...then accidentally left them on the roof of a Dwarven mountainhome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4