Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Beware, it's prone to great ambition!!!

(1/2) > >>

snow dwarf:
As the days in our desert fortress pass by, finally in spring I suddenly hear something happening outside, a great comotion. "She's here! Run!" Someone shouts. I stop working on a limonite door to go check what is the reason for this disturbance and see the most hideous creature.
Spoiler: kids beware, naked human (click to show/hide)

wierd:
It's a were-creature that arrived untransformed.

Give it a home in a cage someplace, or poke it full of holes.

andrei901:
Are you sure about that?

I had an announcement like that when some random (named with epithet) human came to visit. Hung out in my tavern for half a year and left, no transformation. I figured it was supposed to be an invader, but he was friendly.

Saiko Kila:

--- Quote from: andrei901 on October 22, 2018, 10:56:43 am ---Are you sure about that?

I had an announcement like that when some random (named with epithet) human came to visit. Hung out in my tavern for half a year and left, no transformation. I figured it was supposed to be an invader, but he was friendly.

--- End quote ---

This looks like a bug to me. "Friendly" creatures are these which do not have any flags related to status (invader, visitor etc.) set, and some bugged guests are in this state.

The OP's case doesn't look like a bug, more like a bad timing, which sometimes happens with werebeasts. They should leave the map or be attacked and killed by dwarves. If they are not attacked, then it's a bug, I think.

I would shoot it with arrows in any case. Humans are bad news.

anewaname:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)The date shown in the image is 2/26 and the date of transformation is 2/23, so maybe it was in were-form during that last bit of travel to the fort and reverted as part of the process of being added as an on-map unit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version