Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Custom Civ Dying out  (Read 1456 times)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Civ Dying out
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 06:16:09 pm »

[EVIL] tag on a creature is benefitial for expansion - it allows to settle evil regions, not restricts the civ to it.

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED] is the same reason dwarves often die out. They are vulnerable to endless forgotten beasts, are bad at conquering and cannot settle far from their original fortress in the middle of a tropical forest. Thus, one of the culprits here.

[LIKES_SITE:CITY] in combination with [TOLERATES_SITE:CITY] causes a large part of population to migrate into (human) cities. Another culprit. TOLERATES is enough to allow reasonable migration.

It is possible everyone hates their ethics too much, so try tweaking them a bit. Here is the list of ethics that matter in diplomacy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The higher is the disparity in views on the same thing, the higher is the relations penalty.

The lack of local and military nobility might be an issue too, although I'm not sure. Better add some [SITE] position with [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS] and also a civ-level position with [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY] (or you can simply add it to the Zucc)

Do they have OUTDOOR_FARMING, or RIVER_PRODUCTS, or anything like that? Having none can lead to the lack of population growth. RIVER and OCEAN ones only give their benefit if the civ settles on the related biomes, but FARMING, ORCHARDS and GARDENS yield food invariably.

Also, [ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:REQUIRED] is unrelated, but generally unrecommended. It can cause loyalty cascades during gameplay. Better tone down to ACCEPTABLE.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:05:11 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

CorkNite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Civ Dying out
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 03:59:40 pm »

It seems their numbers have increased, thank you so much!
Still a little low, but i'm satisfied for now.
I hate my username.
Pages: 1 [2]