Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Xarit's experiments on wormhole habitation for frigates (EVE Online stuff)  (Read 22196 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xarit's experiments on wormhole habitation for frigates (EVE Online stuff)
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2018, 03:22:20 pm »

Lvl 2 might be quicker in destroyers because the med guns don't hit the frigs as well. There is not much of a difference between lvl 1 and 2 sec missions.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2018, 10:12:35 am »

i just kept going with the Sigil until i unlocked the L4 agent :P (but now i have to wait until i can fly a battleship, with proper skills).

seeing that there wasnt much to do apart of mining i just tried to do some exploration. bought and fitted a Sunesis for rockets + drones and active armor tank, then took a stroll on the region. that's one fine ship, with a single Polycarbon rig you can get under 3 secs align while sporting enough tank to run a 3/10. and yes, i ran a 3/10 blood site with it. allthought i wish i had more DPS, it took too long due to the large number of rats. the last room had me close to get into hull due to a bad orbit decision but otherwise it was fairly fine.

i made over 55 million from that site alone because the Overseer dropped a lot of A-Type modules. but aside of that single site and a few Relic/Datas there wasnt much to find. i tried going into Lowsec but there was people around. so i decided to try wormholes instead, the sad part was that the ship got rekt during the second wave of an Ambush Point. perhaps i didnt focus properly or something, but honestly i feel regular Destroyers arent will suited for this compared to frigates, would have to make a proper experiment.

so after loosing the ship and making the way back to the HQ i took a look in ways to improve the Khanid Punisher fit. it only required swapping some modules to Meta4 and changing the rigs but i got to churn in another 20% damage from a second Warhead Calefaction Rig and a BCU II while still keeping over 60% resists and cap stable for tank. ship is still pretty suboptimal compared to just jumping into a Kestrel/Breacher but idgaf.

i also bought some equipment and made the trek of stesting the Punisher in C1s. it took a bit of time to find one, tried chaining holes but ended just seeing a lot of C2+ and nothing else. the one i found had a lot of structures but was uninhabited for some reason. from there i got to do 2 Ambush Points to the fullest, the damage was good but the overall DPS is still lacking, this ship could perhaps do better in PvP with a fleet or something to compensate the lack of tackle, i think i took something like 1:30 hours to finish each anomaly with the remaining 30 minutes or so to refit, loot and salvage.

so yeah, not much profit per hour on this thing. on the good side, i got 1 Data and 1 Relic site spawning in the system while i was farming sleepers and i got to do way more profit from that with only a few container losses. there was some Perimeter Camps missing but i didnt feel like doing that grind so i just leaved with my current profits.

today i should be finishing with learning T2 Light Missiles and i should have enough money to invest into another Alpha Injector (i spent the money i got from the Sunesis into one to speed up some skill learning) to learn either Minmatar or Caldari frigate. mostly because i need a proper missile platform, im going to use the Punisher for PVP or for silly novelty runs with the corpmates and instead use a properly bonused ship for important PvE activities like farming wormholes or hunting anoms, whatever comes first.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2018, 10:48:31 am »

in the time i passed without posting we got an issue with another corp. they had infiltrated 2 spies into the corp and used it to obtain our discord, they were trying to persuade my colleages in order to steal them from corp. they also declared wardec and some other shit that i dont really care about, cant believe people can go to such extents against a corp that really didnt touch anyone else in the game.

but allright, i just expelled everyone and closed the corp. we didnt really have any shared assets anyways so nothing of value was lost. so yeah, i had to kill my own corp in order to avoid the other members from getting hunted down when they were just starting in the game. honestly i dont understand why the others couldnt just go and recruit by themselves instead of harassing other corps, that's just pathetic.

but anyways, i think this is the last post for this thread. im not mad or sad about what happened, its just that it has been a long adventure and im tired of posting already. just biomassed my last character and started anew in a new skin, i dont really mind getting back to square 0.

the main purpose of the thread was completed after all, i proved you can live in wormhole space with the bare equipment. no need for T3, no need for T2. heck, not even need of being Omega with Cloaks or shit like that. so i guess its fitting that i give it an end now, the rest was just daily logs.

see you in the space lanes or something o7

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2018, 01:29:46 pm »

o7

Fly safe!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]