Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Moonlight State, a Hunter: the Vigil game set in Florida  (Read 2039 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
The Moonlight State, a Hunter: the Vigil game set in Florida
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:22:56 am »

Update: It's happening; PM me for a link to the Discord server.

Florida Man. He's always in the news committing the weirdest of crimes. One day he walks into Denny's naked and masturbates in front of everyone. Another day he is a former neo-nazi who converts to Islam and murders his neo-nazi roommates. Yet another day she's a woman who asks her daughter to attack people with a machete.

Yet despite being repeatedly injured, arrested and even killed, he always seems to return the next day to show up in the news again. Some might say that it's just a general term to keep things anonymous and that Florida just has transparency laws allowing journalists broad access to police reports, but I say that's bullshit. There's something fishy going on in the Sunshine State.

Maybe it's the serial killers in the swamps waiting for the next victim. Maybe it's the bloodsuckers lurking in every dark alleyway. Maybe it's the politicians taking money from literal demons with horns and tails and whatnot. But those are secretive, they don't like publicity. Florida Man is something different. Florida Man thrives as the news keep making stories about him.

We're going to have to get to the heart of this, so pack your cameras, pack your baseball bats, and most important of all, pack your common sense... lest you become the Florida Man.

Interest was shown for this sort of game, so let's see if we can make it happen. This would be a live game played over Roll20 with Discord for voice chat. Prior experience with the system isn't necessary. The best game day would be Sunday, obviously at an hour when everyone is awake depending on time zones (mine is UTC+2). I haven't fully fleshed out the story yet so right now I'd just like to see if I should push this idea further. At least three players would be nice.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:38:37 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I reiterate interest
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I'm super interested.

Unfortunately I lack a microphone. Also I'm basically half-way around the world from UTC+2 so coordinating times would be tricky. Still, if possible I'd like to get in on this.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile

I'm super interested.

Unfortunately I lack a microphone. Also I'm basically half-way around the world from UTC+2 so coordinating times would be tricky. Still, if possible I'd like to get in on this.

Um, what he said. Interested, no mic, 7 hours away.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

I'm interested, I've got a mic and I live in UTC -3
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I am, probably, super-late for this...  :P So I'll just ask how it went.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wasn't really enough interest from those to whom the game would be possible in practice. The offer is still up, but I'd really like at least three players in nearby timezones (and preferably with microphones) before moving forward.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Yes. I, too, was saddened.
Love, scriver~

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Well, I'm in your time zone, and have a microphone.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

I would consider the difference between my timezone and yours, "small", and as long as it's in a weekend, I have the whole day free. AND, tomorrow is day off at work.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's get planning, then. I've PMed you all a Discord link. If anyone else is still interested, post here or send me a message and I'll get it to you as well.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 08:44:49 am by IcyTea31 »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

I will get there in a few hours, I'm in work right now, but today I will only work until 03:00 PM (Local time), it is 10:39 AM as I post this, so there's a little work time left, as soon as I'm free, I will enter the discord and PM you

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile

I'm interested, though how well I could make it work on my end prior to 2019. I do have a mic as part of me headphones but my laptop only has one 3.5mm jack not two (and doesn't react to the mic which might not work anymore anyway) and the webcam mic doesn't seem to react to my voice. I could possibly find some workaround though.

I am UTC 0 or UTC +1 depending on time of year though.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

but my laptop only has one 3.5mm jack not two

There's some sort of adapter that turns the two ends of the headset into just one. Also, most laptops have built-in mics...

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile

but my laptop only has one 3.5mm jack not two

There's some sort of adapter that turns the two ends of the headset into just one. Also, most laptops have built-in mics...
I know. The laptop does have a built in mic which doesn't seem to respond when I talk (I often have this problem with Mics). And the headset needs replacing anyway  so I will either get one that doesn't need an adaptor or get a USB one.

As to the laptop not accepting the headphone's mic on its own it would help if I had found the audio config software before making that post...

Ah technology, love it and hate it sometimes.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: [1] 2