Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some help with Syndromes  (Read 1134 times)

RACERBOY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some help with Syndromes
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:38:57 am »

So I'm a complete newbie to making these sorts of things, but I decided to try my hand in making a specific kind of syndrome. The syndrome I am trying to make would boost attributes for one attack and then damage whatever you attacked with. ex: attack with arm, arm gets damaged. How would I make that work? Is there something I can put in the syndrome that would specifically target the limb you use for an attack or would that be something else entirely?

edit: also on a *cough* unrelated note how much force does it take to break the average dwarf bone?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:41:48 am by RACERBOY »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Some help with Syndromes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 12:10:49 pm »

I don't think you can.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

RACERBOY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 12:14:15 pm »

I don't think you can.

Would there be some way to independently target a limb for damage, just in general?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 01:26:24 pm »

I don't think you can.

Would there be some way to independently target a limb for damage, just in general?
What do you mean?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

RACERBOY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 05:45:38 pm »

Is it possible to make some kind of syndrome effect or generate some product (such as with an interaction) that would instantly damage whatever it is touching? My goal from the get-go is to simulate the One For All quirk from My Hero Academia into DF. Although, without the damaging effects it just becomes a super strength boost. What I was hoping to make this come out like would be it would deal X amount of force/damage to the limb you use so if you want to be able to use it effectively you have to train your body for it. If there is a better way of achieving this, I'd like to know since it is something I would really like to create.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:47:29 pm by RACERBOY »

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 01:52:55 pm »

Is it possible to make some kind of syndrome effect or generate some product (such as with an interaction) that would instantly damage whatever it is touching? My goal from the get-go is to simulate the One For All quirk from My Hero Academia into DF. Although, without the damaging effects it just becomes a super strength boost. What I was hoping to make this come out like would be it would deal X amount of force/damage to the limb you use so if you want to be able to use it effectively you have to train your body for it. If there is a better way of achieving this, I'd like to know since it is something I would really like to create.

Just make it cause full-body bruising or something.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

RACERBOY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 04:33:38 pm »

Okay, will do. Thanks for the help you guys.

RACERBOY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 10:24:18 pm »

So I made a small thing to test it out and it works for the most part and I wanted to see what you all think of this so far and where it can be improved.
Note that the bruise severity is ridiculously high because no matter what I seem to do I can only ever get light bruising.
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:RIGHT_DETROIT_SMASH]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:recipient]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:900:5000:BP:BY_TOKEN:RUA:ALL:START:0:END:10]
[CE_PHYS:ATT:CHANGE:AGILITY:900:5000:BP:BY_TOKEN:RUA:ALL:START:0:END:10]
[CE_PHYS:ATT:CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:900:5000:BP:BY_TOKEN:RUA:ALL:START:0:END:500]
[CE_BRUISING:SEV:100000000000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_TOKEN:RUA:ALL:START:11:END:1000]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:4000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_TOKEN:RUA:ALL:START:0:END:1000]
[CE_BRUISING:SEV:100000000000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_TOKEN:RLA:ALL:START:11:END:1000]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:4000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_TOKEN:RLA:ALL:START:0:END:1000]
[CE_BRUISING:SEV:100000000000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_TOKEN:RH:ALL:START:11:END:1000]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:4000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_TOKEN:RH:ALL:START:0:END:1000]