Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cannot retire on my own site if I claimed it as a lord  (Read 1515 times)

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
Cannot retire on my own site if I claimed it as a lord
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:36:10 pm »

Hello, forum!

So I decided to come back to DF after a very long hiatus, having fun with the latest update so far. But now I encountered what I would call a weird bug, or atleast oversight.

I played an adventurer - a pretty successful one too, killed some named monsters and a lot of animals, is respected in the human civ over there and all that stuff. Now I built a small shack for him
and his swordsman companion to retire in, or atleast wait for a while, as usual. So, I built the shack, furnished it, all went well. But then I had the idea to claim the site for myself as a lord, just for
the title and to make my companion a hearthperson... Great mistake.

Now I can only give in to starvation at my own hut, instead of retiring. Walking over to the capital city or any of the hamlets and retire there still works normal.
Maybe one of you has an idea what happened, or if claiming a custom site really is bugged.

Thanks - The Dorfmeister.

Edit: Nevermind, found the problem. I had to go away from the site, come back and enter the building, then go through both of the rooms AND the roof. Suddenly the message "You successfully claimed this site etc." and now it works. Weird.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:43:42 pm by The Dorfmeister »
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot retire on my own site if I claimed it as a lord
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 12:07:46 pm »

you know, this is a lot more interresting than you think. mainly because it is really hard finding anything on claiming sites on the wiki (there is a little about building your own sites though). Perhaps, if you have experience with this, you could consider writing a little about it on the wiki? :)
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot retire on my own site if I claimed it as a lord
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 02:52:38 pm »

Yeah, I will have to do more experiments on it, and my computer started the habit to overheat or crash when I play DF now, so not soon. But when it works properly, I give the Wiki a try. Why not?
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.