Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird Zooming Issue  (Read 3281 times)

jebediahbob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Weird Zooming Issue
« on: October 28, 2018, 04:20:16 am »

Whenever I zoom with my scroll wheel it zooms in on my fortress but it also changes the resolution of my window. On the closest zoom the map and options tab become huge and cramp up the screen, when I'm zoomed out as far as possible the text is unreadable. Im using the Lazy Newb Pack and this only happens when I use the base ascii tileset rather than any of the others e.g Spacefox. Is this normal? Is there any way I can stop it changing the resolution?

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Zooming Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 01:48:45 pm »

It is normal for the mouse wheel to zoom in/out on the game, and it does typically have issues with the resolution. However, you can disable the mouse being used by the game by going into the game folder and then the "data" -> "init" folders. Then, go into the init.txt file and look for the part that says [MOUSE:YES] and change it to [MOUSE:NO]. That should disable the mouse from being picked up by the game. There are also multiple options for the display in that file that you can change as well; try changing some options here and seeing if that helps. If you are worried about making an error, backup the init.txt file before making changes.

If the resolution of the text is too large/blurry, try hitting F12 on your keyboard. That should enable truetype font, which can help alleviate the blurriness of the text at certain resolutions. Also, if you find that the minimap and/or the menu on the right side of the screen are taking up too much space, you can cycle through several visual options in-game by hitting TAB.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 10:23:05 pm »

Whenever I zoom with my scroll wheel it zooms in on my fortress but it also changes the resolution of my window. On the closest zoom the map and options tab become huge and cramp up the screen, when I'm zoomed out as far as possible the text is unreadable. Im using the Lazy Newb Pack and this only happens when I use the base ascii tileset rather than any of the others e.g Spacefox. Is this normal? Is there any way I can stop it changing the resolution?

TWBT allows to zoom map independently from menus. I guess when you choose Spacefox, TWBT is enabled, and for default ASCII tileset it's not. I don't know exactly how LNP launcher works, maybe someone else will tell the easiest way to enable independent zooming with ASCII (if that's what you're after).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 02:19:35 am »

TWBT allows to zoom map independently from menus. I guess when you choose Spacefox, TWBT is enabled, and for default ASCII tileset it's not. I don't know exactly how LNP launcher works, maybe someone else will tell the easiest way to enable independent zooming with ASCII (if that's what you're after).
Wouldn't you just choose the ASCII tileset as your graphical one?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?