Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing: Its dead Jim.  (Read 89740 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing
« Reply #555 on: February 17, 2019, 08:21:31 pm »

the heck man? i asked him to go bring back survivors to stay, not kill them! explain in detail that he is supposed to nonviolently and nonthreateningly try to convince them to join the town so that there are more people capable of scavenging and tending to the farm plot.
go give the people he killed a proper burrial, and pray that he hasn’t become a well known psychopath...
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 18, 2019, 10:56:57 am »

Ad-lib some lyrics about incoming apocalypse and the fall of mankind, then growl the lyrics, standing at a relatively high building.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 19, 2019, 02:49:42 pm »

Do a PSA on the value of making PSAs.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 21, 2019, 09:10:59 am »

There are now two giant monsters at the big city, and one is dead.
There's now a random psychopath wandering around the woods.
Hell has been renamed to Centron Corporation.
One of the monsters in the big city died.
People are panicking in the big city.
A large part of Canada is still on fire.
Its November 1, 3:00 P.m.
The_Two_Eternities didn't post for the eleventh time so so he's now a NPC.
Outsider didn't post for the eighth time so random action.
Smoke Mirrors didn't post so random action.

Spider Army will keep cleaning the lake.
Human Body will craft a vehicle out of magic and whatever he finds around him.

(Spiders cleaning the lake = 4) After several more minutes of work they pull out some more plastic pieces, bottles, and wood.
(Making a vehicle = 6) Using your magic powers you take a burnt car and repair it, and as soon as you try to start it, it catches on fire looks like you might have messed up putting it back together.

Build a magnificent Palace stone by stone with my powers.

Dino Actions.

(Building a palace = 4) It takes a bit for you to build the palace but you finally finish it and it's magnificent.
(Mining = 2) They don't make any progress in the mine this time around.
(Building a warehouse = 5) After a lot of work they finish building the warehouse.
(Build a fence around the farms = 6) Then they build a stone fence around the farms, and they use up all the stone and there aren't any left over.
(Pave the most used roads = 3) They try to start but realize that there isn't any stone left as it was used up in other projects.

Take a little nap to recover.
(5) You fall asleep for a bit, and during this sleep you heal your injuries.

GET TO MY FEET AND ASSUME A FIGHTING STANCE.
(4) You jump to your feet and get ready to fight, then you look around for something to fight all you see is gas pumps and tumble weeds, looks like your at a gas station that's in the desert.

Cast a spell, converting things into the store into my servants.
(3+1 For wizard) Using your magical powers you make some of the random things that were on the shelves into your servants, you now have dozens of small servants.

the heck man? i asked him to go bring back survivors to stay, not kill them! explain in detail that he is supposed to nonviolently and nonthreateningly try to convince them to join the town so that there are more people capable of scavenging and tending to the farm plot.
go give the people he killed a proper burrial, and pray that he hasn’t become a well known psychopath...

(Explaining to him what he did wrong = 6) You spend several minutes telling him why what he did was wrong, and he takes it very poorly and yells about how you can't control him then he runs off into to the woods yelling about how he'll kill again. Well that didn't go as planed.
(Giving the severed heads a proper burial = 3+1 For being easy to do) You spend some time respectfully burying the severed heads.
(Praying that he doesn't become a psychopath = 4) You spend some time praying that he wont become a well known psychopath, but you have a feeling that he might all ready be one.

Ad-lib some lyrics about incoming apocalypse and the fall of mankind, then growl the lyrics, standing at a relatively high building.
(Making up some lyrics = 6-1 For being a heavy metal dolphin) You spend some time making up some lyrics about the coming apocalypse and when your finished you feel that their really good.
(Finding a tall building = 2) You wander around for a bit looking for tall buildings, but it turns out that all the tall buildings have been destroyed so you stand on top a two story building.
(Growling the lyrics = 6-1 For being a heavy metal dolphin) You start growling the lyric from the top of the building, the people down below seemed to really like your growling and clapped when you finished.

Do a PSA on the value of making PSAs.
(4) You do a PSA on the value of PSAs, this seems to impress the demons at the meeting and they seem to like the idea of doing PSAs for money.

Quote from: Smoke Mirrors
Go to the bosses office.
(4) It takes a bit but you finally make it to the bosses office, but he's not in when you arrive so you sit down and wait for him to come back.

Quote from: Outsider
"Come lizard thing we must help the people trapped in the ruble."
Finally realize that there were bigger monsters and go help those trapped in the ruble with the help of the lizard thing.
(You helping = 5) You spend quite a while helping people out of the ruble.
(Lizard thing helping = 4) The lizard thing also helps several people out of the ruble.

Quote from: The_Two_Eternities
Now that the monsters dead return to the mine and gather some more iron to make more ammo.
(Returning to the mine = 2) You spend several minutes stuck in traffic, looks like your going to be here for a bit.

Quote from: Doomblade187
Have them continue to mine, then try to melt the copper again, then have them preserve food.
(Mining = 5) They mine out even more stone and copper.
(Melting the copper = 2) Everyone's afraid to do this task after the last people doing it died.
(Preserving food = 3+1 For fear of yelling) After some yelling and time they figure out how to preserve food with salt and smoke.

Quote from: Ama the werewolf
Fuck it, abandon the hatchback and get out of town with out it.
(2) You and the werewolf friends leave the hatchback behind and wander around whats left of the big city and get lost.

NPC stuff:
Quote from: infantry platoons  X3
Secure the area.
(Securing = 4) They search the area for any threats, but don't find any.
(Securing = 2) They don't do anything.
(Securing = 2) They also don't do anything.

Quote from: Yoink's small army of volunteers
Sleep for a bit and go back to sleep.
(Sleeping = 5) They continue to sleep.
(Going back to sleep = 2) They finally give up with trying to sleep.

Quote from: People evacuating the big city
Runaway!
(Running = 4) They all get out of the city.
(Running = 3) Only a few of them get out.
(Running = 2) They get stuck in traffic.
(Running = 5) They also all get out of the city.

Quote from: infantry platoons X3
Help evacuate people.
(Evacuating = 3) They only find a few people to get out of the city.
(Evacuating = 5) They also get a bunch of people out of the city.
(Evacuating = 2) They don't find anyone to help.

Quote from: Tanks X3
Clear the evacuation route.
(Clearing = 3) They don't really clear much of a path.
(Clearing = 3) They also don't clear the path.
(Clearing = 3) They also don't do jack shit.

Quote from: Artillery
Aid in the evacuation.
(5) They find a bunch of people to help.

Canada stuff:
Quote from: Canadian firefighters x5
Fight the fire?
(Firefighting = 2) They don't do anything to the fire.
(Firefighting = 2) They also don't do anything to the fire.
(Firefighting = 5) They put out a bunch of the fire.
(Firefighting = 6) They make the fire slightly worse.
(Firefighting = 5) They also a bunch of the fire.

Quote from: Fire
Does the fire get worse?
(5-1 For containment) The fire only gets slightly worse.

Quote from: Fire killing people
Do people die in the fire?
(4) A bunch of people burn up.

Percent of fire contained: 50%
How bad is the fire: BAD
Percent of Ontario on fire: 30%

Stats:
Canada population: 37,054,553
Canadian military: 70,626
Canadians killed: 124,599

US Population: 325,719,178
US military: 1,842,389
Americans killed: 13,161

Big city Population: 452,539
Displaced people: 7,062
People fleeing the city: 14,448
Big city dead: 5,014
Percent of big city destroyed: 65%

Total killed: 137,760
Total killed in the past: 23

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 21, 2019, 09:22:38 am »

Use magic so the fire doesn't damage the car or the people on it. (What? having a flaming car would be cool).
The spider army keeps cleaning the lake.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 21, 2019, 09:31:19 am »

Have  half of the servants put on whatever costumes they like, while the other half scavenges for building materials.  Cast a spell summoning rain in my general area.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2019, 12:46:02 pm »

in that case, I’d best bring him to justice before he can kill any other innocents. swiftly!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 21, 2019, 12:54:16 pm »

Go back to my office and write up some new PSA ideas.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 21, 2019, 03:07:40 pm »

Design a PSA against bullying.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 21, 2019, 11:08:33 pm »

Divvy up my mass into a horde of humanoids, who will repair and inhabit the big city. My city now.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 23, 2019, 11:00:02 am »

Go and loot an abandoned musical instruments store, steal a guitar.
Find some people for my band, namely a drummer and a bassist.
Call my band "Infected Wound".
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 23, 2019, 05:01:29 pm »

BEGIN FLEXING AND SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS WHILST POWERING UP
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 25, 2019, 07:44:44 am »

There's was a random psychopath wandering around the woods but he's dead now.
Hell has been renamed to Centron Corporation.
People are panicking in the big city.
A large part of Canada is still on fire.
Its now raining again.
Its November 1, 3:30 P.m.
Outsider didn't post for the ninth time so random action.
TricMagic didn't post so random action.

Use magic so the fire doesn't damage the car or the people on it. (What? having a flaming car would be cool).
The spider army keeps cleaning the lake.

(Magicking the car = 3+1 For god powers) Using your god powers you make it to where the fire doesn't damage the car or the people inside.
(Spiders cleaning the lake = 6) The spiders continue their work, but when they start to bring in their latest hall the net gets caught and tears and everything they just caught floats back into the lake.

Have  half of the servants put on whatever costumes they like, while the other half scavenges for building materials.  Cast a spell summoning rain in my general area.
(Servants putting on costumes = 4) After a bit of wandering and changing they come back to you, you now have several little wizards, werewolves, witches, skeletons, and a sack of potatoes as servants.
(Servants gathering building materials = 2) Turns out that their to small to be able to pickup any building materials.
(Summoning rain = 3+2 For wizard) You use your magic to make it rain.

in that case, I’d best bring him to justice before he can kill any other innocents. swiftly!
(Finding the psychopath = 2) You wander around the woods and look all over but you can't find the psycho.

Go back to my office and write up some new PSA ideas.
(6) You trip on the way to your office, then you get back up and write up some PSA ideas, and there good ideas.

Design a PSA against bullying.
(5) You spend several minutes writing and you end up with the perfect anti bullying PSA.

Divvy up my mass into a horde of humanoids, who will repair and inhabit the big city. My city now.
(Becoming a horde of humanoids = 6-1 For being able to do that) It takes a bit but you turn into sixty four, ten foot tall humanoids, then you start to rebuild the city.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 1) They try to fix some stuff, but some rubble collapses on top of them and they get trapped.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 2) They move some stuff around but get nothing accomplished.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 4) It takes a bit but the manage to rebuild some stuff.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 4) They also rebuild some stuff.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 3) They only rebuild a few really small things.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 4) They rebuild several things.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 2) They move some stuff around.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 5) They rebuild several buildings.
At this rate the city will be rebuilt in a few turns and when every leaves you can take over.

Go and loot an abandoned musical instruments store, steal a guitar.
Find some people for my band, namely a drummer and a bassist.
Call my band "Infected Wound".

(Stealing a guitar = 2+2 For not being that hard) You look around until you find a pawn shop which you break into and steal a guitar.
(Finding a drummer = 4) Then you look at all of the people fleeing and ask around for a bit and you eventually find someone that can play the drums.
(Finding a bassist = 2) But even with all the searching you can't find anyone that can play bass.

BEGIN FLEXING AND SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS WHILST POWERING UP
(6) You begin to scream and you scream so loud all the glass at the gas station explodes, then you begin to flex and you flex so much and so fast the the gas station explodes, and you continue to do these things gaining more and more power.

Quote from: TricMagic
Time to magic some fancy furniture for the palace.

Dino actions
(Making furniture for the palace = 5) You use magic to make some super fancy gold furniture for your palace.
(Mining = 5) The mine produces some more stone and copper.
(Make some furniture from wood = 2+2 For woodworking and tools) After quite a bit of work they make enough furniture for every house to be furnished.
(Figure out a way to move water around without rivers = 2+2 For tools and clay knowledge) It takes a bit of work but they manage to make some pipes out of clay, but there's not enough to do anything big with.
(Pave the most used roads = 4) Using the stone that was just mined out they pave the roads around the kingdom.

Quote from: Outsider
Continue to help people from the rubble with the help of the lizard thing.
(You helping = 4) You spend several minutes helping more people out of the rubble.
(Lizard thing helping = 2) It can't find any people to help out of the rubble.

Quote from: The_Two_Eternities The Captain of Halloween
Return to the mine and gather some more iron.
(Returning to the mine = 4) After a bit of traveling they arrive back at the mine.
(Mining = 4) They spend several minutes mining and produce some iron ore.

Quote from: Doomblade187 The King of The Dino Age
They shall continue to mine, then make them melt the copper again, and have them pave the roads.
(Mining = 3) The mine doesn't produce much stone this time around.
(Melting the copper = 3+1 For yelling) After a bit of yelling they finally decide to melt the copper and figure out how to forge stuff.
(Pave the roads = 6) They use up all of the stone paving the roads.

Quote from: Ama the werewolf
Just head in a direction until we get out of the city.
(3) You make little progress getting out of the big city and you're still lost.

NPC stuff:
Quote from: Psychopath
Find people and kill them.
(1) After a long search he finds his way to the big city where he finds a soldier which he immediately attacks, which ends poorly for him as the soldier fills him with lead and he dies.

Quote from: infantry platoons  X3
Secure the area.
(Securing = 3) They only sort of secure the area.
(Securing = 2) They don't do jack shit.
(Securing = 5) They secure the area from all enemies and one of them kills some psycho that tried to attack him.

Quote from: Yoink's small army of volunteers
Sleep for a bit and do something else.
(Sleeping = 5) They continue to sleep.
(Do something else = 5) They play some card games.

Quote from: People evacuating the big city
Runaway!
(Running = 3) Only some of them make it out of the city.
(Running = 5) They all make it out of the city.
(Running = 6) Some get trampled as others flee.
(Running = 3) Only some of them make it out.

Quote from: infantry platoons X3
Help evacuate people.
(Evacuating = 1) They accidentally kill some people that were trapped in some rubble.
(Evacuating = 5) They help a huge group of people escape.
(Evacuating = 5) They also help a huge group.

Quote from: Tanks X3
Clear the evacuation route.
(Clearing = 3) They don't really make much progress.
(Clearing = 4) They make a bunch of progress.
(Clearing = 3) They also don't make much progress.

Quote from: Artillery
Aid in the evacuation.
(3) They only help a few people.

Canada stuff:
Quote from: Canadian firefighters x5
Fight the fire?
(Firefighting = 2) They don't really have any effect on the fire.
(Firefighting = 4) They put out a bunch of the fire.
(Firefighting = 3) They only put out a little of the fire.
(Firefighting = 1) They die in the fire.
(Firefighting = 4) They also put out a bunch of the fire.

Quote from: Fire
Does the fire get worse?
(1) The fire goes out a little.

Quote from: Fire killing people
Do people die in the fire?
(5) A huge group of people die when a hospital burns.

Percent of fire contained: 50%
How bad is the fire: Not that good
Percent of Ontario on fire: 21%

Stats:
Canada population: 37,054,553
Canadian military: 70,626
Canadians killed: 124,963

US Population: 325,719,178
US military: 1,842,389
Americans killed: 13,984

Big city Population: 452,539
Displaced people: 7,062
People fleeing the city: 32,248
Big city dead: 5,837
Percent of big city destroyed: 48%

Total killed: 138,947
Total killed in the past: 23

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 25, 2019, 07:52:19 am »

he can’t have gone far! keep looking!

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 25, 2019, 09:54:06 am »

Have the wizard servants cast spells to  create more servants , the witch servants  craft more costumes,  and the sack of potatoes provide moral support. The werewolves  can start reinforcing the store, and hunting around the area for survivors to bring back.

Cast a spell mending the rubble in my area.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47