Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sir, enjoy your stay but please drink the booze only  (Read 1457 times)

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
Sir, enjoy your stay but please drink the booze only
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:19:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This fortress is of a dying civ and has the worlds remaining dwarves in it. He's come for some exotic drinks.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Sir, enjoy your stay but please drink the booze only
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 02:39:19 am »

Chances are he will be gone before he gets really thirsty... I used to use monster slayers as an "ablation shield" against these. Rooms next to tavern, and there's always someone sleeping.

Maybe one day these bugs with vampires clearly outed will be addressed. However, I must say that I haven't seen a new vampire in a very, very long time. The last one was literally thousands of visitors ago (many years).

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:08:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This fortress is of a dying civ and has the worlds remaining dwarves in it. He's come for some exotic drinks.

I believe if you have a tavern keeper, the vampire will get fed the booze out of a funnel. The tavern keeper actually gets the guests really drunk, and doesn't know when to stop. Nor will the guests resist the attempts at feeding them booze, which is how you get people dying in the taverns. You can even designate multiple tavern keepers for the same tavern.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:54:09 pm »

I believe if you have a tavern keeper, the vampire will get fed the booze out of a funnel. The tavern keeper actually gets the guests really drunk, and doesn't know when to stop. Nor will the guests resist the attempts at feeding them booze, which is how you get people dying in the taverns. You can even designate multiple tavern keepers for the same tavern.
Has anyone tested whether Vampires can die of alcoholism? If so, is it possible to mod Dwarven blood into being alcoholic?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 03:37:13 am »

Vampires can't die of intoxication because they don't need to breathe, so they won't suffocate. Alcoholism isn't modeled in DF (unless you count "needs alcohol to get through the working day" as alcoholism, but liver damage, high blood pressure, etc. aren't).