Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Personality Should I Give To My Adventurer To Make Him The Most...  (Read 1888 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

...Player-Character Like?

By that I mean giving him the least personality possible (neutrality) while also making him have no needs.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Re: What Personality Should I Give To My Adventurer To Make Him The Most...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 02:20:17 pm »

A player character isn't a personality category.
If you want them focused often just slide everything to the middle and bump up something that character will be doing lots of.
Other than the benefits and disadvantages of certain character traits it seems to have no effect on the control of the PC
Theres a high chance if you claim land and you have low of opposing stats/traits to another hearth person they can take your lord/lady title in post History gen.
Load up the game and find out.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 02:08:38 am »

A player character isn't a personality category.
If you want them focused often just slide everything to the middle and bump up something that character will be doing lots of.
Other than the benefits and disadvantages of certain character traits it seems to have no effect on the control of the PC
Theres a high chance if you claim land and you have low of opposing stats/traits to another hearth person they can take your lord/lady title in post History gen.
Load up the game and find out.

I was thinking of making a character that acts like empty vessel without the control of the player. Some game devs intentionally give protagonists least personality possible to help the player inject themselves more easily.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 04:01:43 am »

I feel like N/A for most the stats. Right down middle of the line in the traits. But the best probable way is making them a boring outsider and then retiring them by themselves. Maybe give them full loner, no family and friends and probably putting up your idea resistance so they stay middle of the line. Perhaps you could make a civilization that has boring values as well and fill it with the races you want to play?
Resurrection freezes personality values also.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 10:55:10 pm »

There isnt a N/A or neutral position for thoughts/prefs where you get indifference.

A character is say, some gradation of austere vs exravagant. Unlike the real world, where there may be a lack of concern/recognition,  for gameplay reasons there is no freedom from this.

You can choose what is closest to your character concept, but you need to see the AI behavior in both modes; Adventure mode for ground level POV for combat/conversation and Fort mode's aerial view for how the needs fulfillment system runs your character, even in a case where you have minimal needs.

If you do want that anvil-like, relatively unchanging, immovable object, shutdown sort of character without moding NOEMOTION into the raws, it can be done to a satisfactory degree. But there's a lot of test restest involved.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 11:11:57 pm by peasant cretin »