Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Agreement: Drive X group from Y location problem  (Read 1628 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agreement: Drive X group from Y location problem
« on: October 14, 2021, 04:14:38 pm »

I can't seem to actually accomplish the goal

It took a lot of work for an early adventure mode mission, but I killed every single resident of this bandit fort but the game insists that my mission is incomplete.

I wonder if the fort generation glitched and made some unreachable rooms? The fort got conquered by goblins at some point so regular goblin towers and trench works cut straight through the fort making it look really torn apart with random doors to nowhere

Anyone been through similar struggles with advice?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Agreement: Drive X group from Y location problem
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 06:25:52 pm »

A fair few adventure mode quests can end up without an end. Best to just roll with it and move on - maybe the person giving you the quest has gone mad by drinking too much mushroom wine.

DFHack has some commands that might help you - you can reveal the entire fort, and perhaps see a room you missed or couldn't find (or is completely inaccessible). I believe DFHack also has commands for completing quests, but I could be mistaken.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 09:20:10 pm »

The alternative to that quest is killing the quest giver and then claiming their hearth as your own.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 06:28:10 am »

A fair few adventure mode quests can end up without an end. Best to just roll with it and move on - maybe the person giving you the quest has gone mad by drinking too much mushroom wine.

DFHack has some commands that might help you - you can reveal the entire fort, and perhaps see a room you missed or couldn't find (or is completely inaccessible). I believe DFHack also has commands for completing quests, but I could be mistaken.

hmm I will see if I can find one although I've had no luck up to this point. I am pretty sure our chieftess is mad or trying to kill me. This is my second quest and she sent me across the continent to do it. A bit beyond the normal scope of a novice adventurer!

The alternative to that quest is killing the quest giver and then claiming their hearth as your own.

Hey maybe that!
It does disrupt my RP plans a fair bit, but I feel like the major appeal of this game is how little you can control outside of your own people so I'm rolling with it

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 06:50:46 am »

One of my fond memories of such an incident involved chasing after a vampire snakewoman hiding in the sewers. After an hour of spelunking I used DFHack reveal to uncover the map and discovered the serpentwoman was in a section of sewer that was completely walled off from the outside world. "For the love of god, Urist!!!!" but Urist completed the construction order...