Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 78912 times)

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7J
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2019, 07:39:10 pm »

Having spent weeks trying to track it down, I finally located the bug that was causing large worlds to crash.  I did it by reverting back to vanilla and adding more files from my mod gradually.  Using my own name as a random seed, I generated a world called the Mainland of Representations (with all the language files in) and kept generating it over again with more files until it stopped working.  The bug was in the creature_direforged_megabeast file and was actually contained in the walker in frost entry.  I had to recreate the whole creature raw from scratch to eliminate invisible file corruption, but it seems to have worked since when I copied the modified file into the main mod I was able to generate Mainland of Representations without it crashing.

That's great! I'm excited to play the new version.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7K
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2019, 01:19:03 pm »

Now I have the words all sorted for the new full release I have been getting around to fixing one of the annoyances of the mod, the massive populations of massive GIANTS.  This was done by controlling the biome limitations of all farming giant civs (the problem) so they basically can only appear near lakes.  In the process I realised that orchards were a seperate thing, vital for forest retreat food supply and were missing in a number of forest retreat civs.  In a probably less than effective effect to make certain under-performers (carnivorous civs that are not dark fortresses), I released them from the normal limitations on civs that keep them from settling except near rivers.  I also made a few more cave civs thieves to compensate for the vanilla kobolds loss share of that 'market'.

I do however need help.  I encountered a missing word in a string, I had a land mass called simply the Continent.  Problem I cannot get the true name of continents (untranslated) anywhere in the game, so I do not know where to find it in the files.  If anyone knows how to access the true name of continents (as opposed to regions), or can find out what the word is I would be happy to hear from them. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7L
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2019, 07:58:59 am »

While making the next version of the mod I was renaming the resized items in the game to use something other than a description of the code-size of the creature and I realized I could simply integrate that into the earlier version with no problem.  The items use adjective names, before what was called a Size 60k battleaxe, is now called a Dwarf-size battleaxe, the names are somewhat arbitrary (I could have gone for elf-sized instead) but they look better when read in the game log I think.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2019, 04:12:30 am »

I made a mistake in the last subrelease, I changed the adjectives for the new items but not the base items that were human sized.  I have now removed the adjectives from those items altogether.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2019, 06:52:38 am »

At the moment I am integrated a batch of other's mods for the next release of this mod.  At present the list is as follows.

Creatures of Myth and Legend
By
Corondum

Deeper Dwarven Domestication
By
Wannabehero

Domestically Bred Dwarven Beasts
By
Vettlingr

Dwarf Caramel
By
AdeleneDawner

Lands of Duality
By
ZM5

Meph's Training Rooms
By
Meph

Voliol's Various Vivants
By
Voliol

All of these are creature packs, with the exception of Meph's Training Rooms which is not.  This is in keeping with the theme of the next release, which is an expansion of the wildlife of the mod.  I might also introduce more creatures from the D&D pack or even Knight Otu if he returns to modding. After I have introduced the new creatures, I will go through everything that is not an immigrant colonist to make sure it fits into the animal-person/giant animal/regular paradigm.  That will give me the opportunity to make changes/improvements and fix bugs as well, some of them not even of my doing.

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2020, 10:17:10 am »

Hey, is this abandoned now?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2020, 10:34:12 pm »

Hope not. But I think Goblincookie got himself banned.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2020, 11:39:37 am »

What did Goblincookie do to get himself banned?

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2020, 08:19:00 am »

Oh wow, look at that.

It looks like he's still updating this on the depot. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by linking to it, but here:

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10490

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2020, 04:39:55 pm »

Oh wow, look at that.

It looks like he's still updating this on the depot. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by linking to it, but here:

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10490
That's good. Seems like a lot of work went into this mod. Figured it should make a comeback once Steam is released.

Toady's ban list is here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80245.0
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]