Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Df IRL  (Read 1840 times)

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Df IRL
« on: November 03, 2018, 01:36:04 am »

I googled a name (followed by film) from a student casting call to see if I could find previous films by said student. Yes haha laugh at the moron actor trying to live his dreams.

But this came up as the google summary, I ONLY changed the names to Urist. Everything is is real. As real as the simulation we live in.  :o

Urist, a junior majoring in art practice and minoring in film & media studies, admires the detail of an etching in Cry Uncle, a 23-page accordion-fold book on torture by Urist.

“Cry Uncle is a particularly intricate work, both in craft and in meaning,” Urist said. “Every element of the book is intentional: from the paper that feels like skin as you turn the pages, to the fabric case that is sew to resemble a face. For my honors thesis in art practice I will be creating my own series of artists’ books, so I am looking forward to exploring the library’s own collection.”

I had to share

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
Re: Df IRL
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:03:22 am »

Art-imitating-art-imitating-fantasy-imitating-life? I think I got at least one step wrong...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 11:38:55 am »

Relatedly, I've just been leafing through this book in a book store.

Megaprojects (that never happened, but might have) on roundworld. I'm seeing a lot of things in there that would not disgrace a player-fortress. And the elephantine triumphal arch/etc upon the front cover is almost the least of it.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 07:20:20 am »

Relatedly, I've just been leafing through this book in a book store.

Megaprojects (that never happened, but might have) on roundworld. I'm seeing a lot of things in there that would not disgrace a player-fortress. And the elephantine triumphal arch/etc upon the front cover is almost the least of it.
looks great :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 02:56:28 am »

We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 11:51:35 am »

looks great :)
Fortress Ideas
exactly. i also got a very heavy book about castle(fortress) architecture recently - i looked through all the shitload of floorplans that evening and was all like "can build that" "cant build that" "NOICE!" "too bad we only have strange mountains in DF *grumble*"
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)