Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Refugee questions  (Read 1341 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Refugee questions
« on: November 03, 2018, 12:46:23 pm »

I got a question regarding these refugees i found in adventure mode. At least I belive they are refugees, they have a big camp with camfires a several tents, and, what i asume is there leader, says he's fleeing because his former home isn't safe anymore.

now, the question is, do they move? and if yes, how? will they pack up there tents and travel to the next place, so that i can walk with them, or will they just disapear one day and reapear at there destination?

I would really rather not lose track of these dwarf refugees, there are only 128 living dwarfs left in this world, with all dwarven sites occupied by elves or goblins. as far as i can tell these might be the last free dwarves of "the fair lenses".
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Refugee questions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 02:44:29 pm »

If/when they decided to pack up camp and move, you'll see them moving on the fast travel map as a wandering *. If you follow that asterisk you should be able to follow them to their destination

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 02:59:30 pm »

any idea how long that will take? i mean, its not like i got a lot to do in a refugee camp.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 03:44:21 pm »

any idea how long that will take? i mean, its not like i got a lot to do in a refugee camp.
No idea, the people in Dwarf Fortress do things at their own leisure. A good idea might be to ask around and see if you can find out where they're heading. I don't know if you can find out where refugees are heading, but I know you can ask around to find out where armies are heading while you can also catch wind of attempts to settle/reclaim sites, so you might be able to find out where the refugees are heading. If not, it might be worthwhile to just fast travel around their camp whilst sneaking to pass the time ;D

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 04:19:50 pm »

hm, thanks a lot, those are some good suggestions you had there. Of course, all the dwarven settlements are either abandoned or occupied, and the two caves we have are populated by kobolds and rodent men, and a cyclope, respectively. so im not sure were they could be going in the first place.

Legends mode claims that the people from that camp are from the goblin civ, and that the guy i decided was there leader is supposed to be the administrator of a goblin occupied hillock. so im thinking either some sort of revolt gone wrong, or the elves are attacking the goblins... either way, i gotta save the dwarves ;)