Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: site claiming question  (Read 1383 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
site claiming question
« on: November 03, 2018, 12:50:51 pm »

If i claim a site in adv mode, either a pre-existing one (that only works for human sites, right?) or one i build with my companions, what is the civ-status of that site? Do i become a lord of there parent civ? of my parent civ? or is the site now independent? how about when i retire?

thx in advance.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Re: site claiming question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 02:58:48 pm »

From what I've tried with outside (non-premade) areas, you basically make a lair.
Like empty lairs or dead lairs, it will stay like that.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 12:21:52 am »

Normally you will found your own group that rules from that site. This group is member of the civilization your adventurer belongs to, like other groups are. I´m still not sure of the status of the group as they still could be counted as a bandit gang or something. For your own sites there is the funny bug that you may have to take it over room by room if you claim it for lordship, too.
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 08:05:13 am »

"Sir, you are not our lord yet. You still have to declare your overlordship of the privy."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 10:07:16 am »

"Sir, you are not our lord yet. You still have to declare your overlordship of the privy."

I only tested claiming my own site with one adventuring partner/hearthperson yet, not if there were more people involved. I had to go through all the rooms and to the roof to get the "you´ve claimed this site" message though.
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.