Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solutions to fix passive NPCs problem in adventure mode  (Read 1829 times)

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Solutions to fix passive NPCs problem in adventure mode
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:44:19 am »

Okay, so I already joined the discussion in another thread about this problem where noone in adventure mode wants to attack you. If I attack a village I can murder the villagers friends and relatives before their eyes and they just stand around or spit at me if I try to talk to them. I saw that a solution seems to be to change the discipline, any experiences with that? Or is there a mod that addresses this particular problem?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Solutions to fix passive NPCs problem in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:55:56 am »

so far the experiences with that is more guards and military folk will spawn in towns and civs and attacking anyone will cause the whole place to be angry at you and you have to run out of the town to fast travel. otherwise due to the nature of peasants in Adventure mode being blank slates to pad towns with and not really mattering in the grand scale of legend mode their deaths are really minor and at best kinda hope what silly plan you're doing with that one person you're stabbing is just at that a personal matter and hope someone else solves this later if it a repeat event.

honestly deciding to spit at and not fight someone who is looking for a fight is probably a good way to stop someone looking for a just reason to fight. that all said a good solution is to just put in Night trolls and werebeasts into the towns common pet listings and wandering into a site to get mauled by a troll or giant non shapeshifting beast if you seek Crazed animalistic fights.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:15:50 pm »

so far the experiences with that is more guards and military folk will spawn in towns and civs and attacking anyone will cause the whole place to be angry at you and you have to run out of the town to fast travel. otherwise due to the nature of peasants in Adventure mode being blank slates to pad towns with and not really mattering in the grand scale of legend mode their deaths are really minor and at best kinda hope what silly plan you're doing with that one person you're stabbing is just at that a personal matter and hope someone else solves this later if it a repeat event.

honestly deciding to spit at and not fight someone who is looking for a fight is probably a good way to stop someone looking for a just reason to fight. that all said a good solution is to just put in Night trolls and werebeasts into the towns common pet listings and wandering into a site to get mauled by a troll or giant non shapeshifting beast if you seek Crazed animalistic fights.

Okay but the same problem does not only apply to villagers or peasants, you can literally walk into the lord hall and kill the king and noone give a damn lol

High_priest_of_Ru

• Bay Watcher
  • Sacrifice that you might - gain great power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 01:29:45 pm »

I'll use this advice into my thread, if you don't mind. This is quite interesting decision. Can you specify raw file, which we should edit to bring eternal night to DF?
We all have a place among the divine. We have only to accept it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 04:45:08 pm »

Okay but the same problem does not only apply to villagers or peasants, you can literally walk into the lord hall and kill the king and noone give a damn lol

oh that's probably thought of in game as an insurrection and everyone else was just waiting to take over for power, though man yeah that mess is pretty much turn loyalty into a myth.

I'll use this advice into my thread, if you don't mind. This is quite interesting decision. Can you specify raw file, which we should edit to bring eternal night to DF?
it should be doable with animal tokens in the entity usually allow always some NIGHTCREATURE_# would do it

just shove this in an entity you want and the game will add them to the civ now night creatures 1-11ish are night trolls 12-23 are bogeymen and the rest after 23 are werebeasts and the number range of these 3 are varied on world generation if you say Took out bogeymen you probably either get werebeasts where bogeymen are so results of this may very oh and doing this also unlocks them as playable after 1 retired adventurer of that civ.
Code: [Select]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_TOKEN:NIGHT_CREATURE_15]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_MOUNT]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_WAGON_PULLER]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PACK_ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PET]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_SIEGE]

oh probably best to include this too
[ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES]
[LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]

also went back and check what humans have for ethics and uhh

oh yeah set banditry to 100 percent so everyone of that civ up to and including the animals get to join bandit groups.
[BANDITRY:100]
[LOCAL_BANDITRY]
so have fun in the insane world of every farm animal is a bandit and required to murder each other.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

High_priest_of_Ru

• Bay Watcher
  • Sacrifice that you might - gain great power!
    • View Profile
We all have a place among the divine. We have only to accept it.